X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU water cooling

Has anyone tried? Who sells it in SG?

Thanks

I'm using it. Still using it. It is Thermatake. I can't remember the model liau.
    Mine consists of water block with Blue LED, Radiator with fan, 5 3/4 inch (or drive) water tank and water pumpt with Blue LED.

For mine, so far so good. Cooling, quiet and till now I never top up or do maintenance on it.

Oh... my CPU is AMD64 3200+

BTW, a few of the shops in Sim Lim Square selling it. I think cybermind, bell and fuwell all have.

SH

Comment

you need to do some reading up regarding water cooling system. Most people buy the parts seperately, although more expensive, but it works better. Try reading up hardwarezone forums and vrzone. Or go a google search for water cooling, take note of which combination of products to use, and try aksing them around in the local forums. From what i recall last time, there are people who does mass orders for some parts of the water cooling system from overseas.

To summarize, do your homework before buying! There is a lot more than just plug and play :P

Comment

The current crops of CPU are more efficient and do not produce too much heat. I think a water cooling system will be an overkill unless you are planning to use it for other purposes.

Comment

Have a old twin cpu machine, the airflo in the casing not very efficient, with 5 fan blowing, it gets pretty noisy at night. The system is more or less complete, just need a 12V super quiet water pump to finish the project.

Comment

I just did one for my friend using the Gigabyte one. Cost arnd 200 plus for the set and 89 for an additional GPU cooling block.
            Running Intel 3Ghz and overclocked to 3.8Ghz.....
            Losers whine about their best. Winners date the Prom Queen.

Most people talk a lot, only few are up for the moment.

Suck Squeeze Bang Blow
            20,000 times a min

Comment

sound like you used to be quite into IT.
              have you consider the dual core AMD?
              faster and less headache for you.

Originally posted by X34
              Have a old twin cpu machine, the airflo in the casing not very efficient, with 5 fan blowing, it gets pretty noisy at night. The system is more or less complete, just need a 12V super quiet water pump to finish the project.

Comment

if thats the case, you may not really need a water cooling system. do a search on thermaltake or is it thermalright SP-97/94 full copper heat sinks. They make a huge difference and you need some good thermal compound such as ArticSilver 5.

Comment

Ive heard of people using liquid nitrogen to cool down there cpu...
                  Theyd overclocked it to 5ghz

cheers
                  shmuckerz

Comment

I found my water cooling model liau. It is " Thermaltake Bigwater SE" I can't remember the exact price when I bought it but I think it should be less than $150.

For your case, u need 2 waterblock. If u get something like mine, u need to get one more water block. You can either cascade or connect then in series or get "Y spliter" so u can connect 2 of the water block in parallel.

Thermaltake is a Taiwanese manufacturer of PC case designs, power supplies, cooling devices and peripherals

SH

Comment

Originally posted by shmuckerz
                      Ive heard of people using liquid nitrogen to cool down there cpu...
                      Theyd overclocked it to 5ghz

cheers
                      shmuckerz
                      I've seen a 7GHz on refridgerant......

Below is the one i used before..... It's by gigabyte and it's arnd 200+....

Losers whine about their best. Winners date the Prom Queen.

Most people talk a lot, only few are up for the moment.

Suck Squeeze Bang Blow
                      20,000 times a min

Comment

have there been cases of coolant or the water leaking? what happens then seems very depressing
                        JR 9x
                        Raptor 50 SE
                        Raptor 90 3D
                        Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
                        Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
                        Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

bro, go to the sho nextbyte, @lucky plaza, they're the experts in watercoolin. Mix & match parts instead of those *branded stuff*. from wat i know, mix & match r more efficient in terms of cooling....

Comment

*shop*

Comment

i find that the watercooling system from Gigabyte is small, the whole thing fited my computer nicely. If i am not wrong, it is just a normal kind.

So far i dont have any leaking problem. But i know it there is, my graphic card will be the first to gone

Here is a link http://gigabyte.com.sg/Products/Cool...tName=GH-WIU01

Kenny
                              [B]Kenny[/B]

Goblin 700 | Goblin 500 | Compass 6HV

Unthinkable, unimaginable, incredible, beyond conception and beyond the bounds of possibility!

Comment

Working...
                              X