Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power outtage

my mum was wondering if the power company or its contractors are liable for any damage due to a power outtage and resultant surge.

a few weeks ago a company was scheduled to do maintenence work on the electrical cabling for my block. however the only notice they put up was at the block's lifts. as we live on the third level, we never use the lifts, instead we only use the staircase which is a distance away. as such, we never saw the notice until the power outtage. during the outtage, my computer and several other appliances were still turned on as we did not have any prior knowledge of the maintenece. after the power came back on, my father said he heard several loud popping noises. when i came back home, i found my motherboard of my computer and several kitchen appliances burnt out. my bro reports that a new computer will most likely have to be bought.

what are you guy's views on this?
    JR 9x
    Raptor 50 SE
    Raptor 90 3D
    Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
    Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
    Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Hi

I remember reading in the papers say those power guy went around a block of flat at Jurong once to take note of the items burnt due to some power failure in that block during their maintenace work.

You should find the power company website and write in to complain, followed by a type out fax, then by snail mail and lastly see your MP!!!

Anyway my MP here is LKY. Never gone to voting station before!!!

Comment

Working...
    X