Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inspiration.

My wish is, our local RC events to become like oversea's someday....check this out.

Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

time to start eyeing on seletar airfield or paya lebar airbase if they can open the runway for cyclingi believe if this hobby becomes big enough we can speak to someone and hopefully convince them its a great way to spark interest for the airforce :P

ahh.... *dream* imagine taking a picture of a scaled F16 beside one real one...

Comment

Originally posted by xwing
      time to start eyeing on seletar airfield or paya lebar airbase if they can open the runway for cyclingi believe if this hobby becomes big enough we can speak to someone and hopefully convince them its a great way to spark interest for the airforce :P

ahh.... *dream* imagine taking a picture of a scaled F16 beside one real one...
      unfortunatly that can't happen. all airports in singapore have large aero businesses attached. planes come in every single day for maintenence and other services.closure of a single runway even for 3-4 hours means a loss of millions in revenue. the only exception may be tengah and changi east, but fighters are always on alert, so its also nono.
      JR 9x
      Raptor 50 SE
      Raptor 90 3D
      Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
      Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
      Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

In a land scare country like ours it is very difficult to have such dream come true. That is why I believe (infact most people do also) that indoor RC is the way to go.

We have hundreds of indoor halls/Stadiums in Singapore (club, school,JC, Poly, University, Community clubs etc etc) and some are under utilised. If each of these hall allow indoor RC, I strongly believe the number (RC inddor flyer) will shot-up like rockets. Then with a sizable population your dream of such large/popular event may be can achieve.

unfortunatly to date, not many halls embrace indoor RC activities. Some CC/School do but most don't. We are still trying....

Comment

Originally posted by P4cm4n2000
          My wish is, our local RC events to become like oversea's someday....check this out.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1&page=2&pp=15
          Hi John,

We are pretty near to your dream...You organise local event every weekend. Isn't it? What is the diff I think is the venue. BUt I guess PFW is quite unique to fly. Being a very restricted area compared to woodlands, we all still can fly within this restricted airspace.

I guess maybe we get someone to start a small 'mama' shop on Sat and Sun. It is a win-win situation. The 'mama' shop owner got business and we can get drinks and snacks. Furthermore, it will look lie a small carnival every weekend. Have fun, food and drinks. What do you guys think...

Happy Flying.
          Just because we grow up, doesn't mean we stop playing...in fact, the games just get better and the toys just get bigger...

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you!" - Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

What we need is another mega meet =)

Comment

coming coming.....preparation is in progress and I will announce in due time....

Stay tuned for the up and coming Mega Meet 3!!!
              TREX 500 ESP
              Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Dear Art,

(using "politically" correct manner of asking)
                "can you "exprane" why you taking so long to announce MM3?
                Do you know MI3 already shown liao"

I believe many bros waited silently for this to happen, mentally tortured already ...neck wait until long long..liao must use a stick to support.........

I have been preparing to take part in MM3 with my secret plane since last year....let me reveal a bit...

OutRunner Brushless Delta phased
                -Dolphin Ocean Free branded aka Hi-Max
                -small impeller, big Torque
                -30 000 rpmth or more I think
                -Exhaust tune-pipe featured,
                very cooling !

Those want to buy, reply here...keke...

Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

secret plane

LOL...HaHa....
                  like that also can ar

Maybe can have a small water tank with a fish inside. When it swim, will have hydro powered impeller.

Cheers

Comment

The most crucial part of MM is venue. One of the reason is we lack of an ideal place to held the MM. Some may say why not just do it at the "usual flying site"

The risk one takes is run into legal issue in gathering. Sometime back we receive official approval to held an event at a designated location. Unfortunately, it had to be cancelled due to some unhappiness sounded out by "regular flyer" of that site.

Everybody had its own priority in life. Arthur is very busy with his work lately and I am also hand tie down w new member at home

I do not want to make empty promise but it not possible for me to held a mega event in next 1-2 months. If any members want to come together and organise one, they have my blessing and support.

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Got lipo?

nice tshirt.

RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                      X