Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving for good, i need to ask some questions...

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving for good, i need to ask some questions...

Hi guys,
    Some of u might or might not know me, but anyway am moving out of Singapore this June, at the end of june, and would like to know some stuff..

I need to paint the whole house again...
    doe anyone know where is a good place to ask?
    what should the cost of 1 flat(roughly smaller than 1 HDB, 3 room apartment) paint job be? $500 more or less?

the furnitures,
    Salvation army? do they come and collect the stuff? or do we take it to them?
    or where is an alternate place where i could get rid of them do i take it so that i could get rid of them? any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance...
    sar.ratha@me.com
    DEVIL

Paint job should be around there. The other time I also donated my good condition sofa set to salvation army. Give them a call, they will check with you the condition and if it is washable. If they want it, they will send ppl to yr place to collect it.

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Hi Mike
      Thanks for the response
      mine is washable, i believe is in good condition as well. if i had go bring it to them would be a waste of money, since what you denote to them is free, they should come and collect right?
      sar.ratha@me.com
      DEVIL

Comment

Paint job - It will depend on ur selection of paint plus condition of wall. Note, old HDB walls r uneven n need some plastering. Also depend on the number of colours u choose. But for simple paint job should be ard S$500.

If salvation army dont want ur stuff, look in the classified ads for those mover guys that will help u clear ur rubbish. Or get a karang guni man come n take away ur stuff n get some $$$.

Comment

Salvation army don't take in damage items...
          also.. you may need to schedule your time carefully.. as even the people who come to pick up the stuff are volunteers.. they do it by zones... as in 1 weekday 1 part of Singapore.
          huh

Comment

my building is less than 1,5 years old, and the paint is in good condition, minor scatches and chips thats all... walls are even i guess no need to plaster it.
            the color would just be plain white, orignal to how i got it...

Nic,
            Thanks for the response, do they take in old model Tvs? there is no scratch or anything like that, just maybe 5 years old, but in good condition...
            sar.ratha@me.com
            DEVIL

Comment

as long as it is functional.. and doesn't need repair.. they do take it.

but it also depends on the load on that day... if their truck is too full.. then at times they have to let it go sadly...
              huh

Comment

ratha.,..I could help with clearing some stuff....
                TREX 500 ESP
                Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Originally posted by Art
                  ratha.,..I could help with clearing some stuff....
                  if you are talking about my helis those are going in my cargo box back home...

so lets say that Salvation Army cannot take it? where is an alternate place where i can dump old furnitures... (trust me, nothing nice)
                  sar.ratha@me.com
                  DEVIL

Comment

if salvation army doesnt take it.. u can try places like old folks home.. other welfare org. im sure they will take it coz its charity. but i think u have to send it urself..

this hobby is a compulsion/addiction/disease

Comment

Thanks guys for the response, will look for them... am more concerned about moving things out, i mean i dont want to rent someone to take my stuff, cuz it would cost too much.

does anyone know any info on glazing the marble floor?
                      cost of them? some of my floors look rough, so might want to glaze them to make them shiny...
                      sar.ratha@me.com
                      DEVIL

Comment

Are u selling the house???

Why not juz let the housing agent settle such things??? Let the new owner decides if they want to keep ur old items? The new owner may need to renovate the place anyway.

If the house is rented, then forget abt the above and do what u gona do.

Comment

wah! that way i will never get my deposit money back man! been there done that...
                          i do it, cheaper... am not sure if i will glaze the floor... but painting is a must.
                          last time deposited over 5k, got 500 back...
                          the condition was good, but i dont know man, i just one like the mean land lords! and the one i have now is pretty mean! lol
                          sar.ratha@me.com
                          DEVIL

Comment

eh why you moving?! no more avanters in sg le
                            JR 9x
                            Raptor 50 SE
                            Raptor 90 3D
                            Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
                            Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
                            Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

Originally posted by ethinger
                              if you are talking about my helis those are going in my cargo box back home...

so lets say that Salvation Army cannot take it? where is an alternate place where i can dump old furnitures... (trust me, nothing nice)
                              If yours is a HDB flat, you can ask the Town Council to remove them. Not sure if its a weekly, fortnightly or monthly thingy.
                              *~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~*
                              I am no Expert in 3D nor Sports flying. If you need advices on crashing, I am an Expert!

Active :T-rex450SE like, 450TH 11T & CC35, R146ip, HS65MG*3, GY401 & HS81MG, mH ProFrame & blings, TP3S2100prolite & 7CHP 72MHz mode 2, EOS 7i & LBA6. MiniZ.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X