Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get cheap Foam safe paint

Beside the super $XXX foam safe paint at rotor... anyone has any other recommendations?

(err... as long as won't melt foam and doesn't dissolve in water after drying....)

Looking for a small can....
    huh

Are you using it for the GWS plane? If yes you can use those model pain from Tamiya. It come in 2 forms spray can or small bottle. That is what I used to paint my GWS P-51. Anyway they are not that cheap (approx. $10???) for the can type.

Comment

Yeah just need a little to paint my wheels....
      If it is $10.... I think I prefer the white wheels....
      huh

Comment

Pass them to me and I can paint them for you, no problem. Other option is just use a black ink marker, that work well too on small parts.

Comment

Thanks Loyn... it is not worth the trouble...
          who knows.. I may just crash land and junk the wheel on the maiden!!!

It is my 1st low wing... sooo nay... I think I will stay with the unique white wheels...

Thanks.
          huh

Comment

Nic I saw a P-51 underwritten, so when you gonna maiden it?

Remember on the CG of this guy .... u got to get it a little nose heavy.

And also the throw, maybe ask loyn for it, following it is much safer. My spitfire do 2 flip yesterday

Mike

Comment

Maybe in a few weeks time...

I am treasuring every little bit of the assembly. At the slow rate I am doing... I guess I will need at least another 2-4 weekends....

--
              I am going to try to roll my ES this week again... may be a little hard with the worn out/sloppy aerilons and the immobilised rudder... Hopefully it will not decommission my half torn wings...
              Last edited by nic; 30-08-2004, 08:45 AM.
              huh

Comment

Nic you are going for the GWS P-51 as your first low wing plane ? aaaaaa........ don't sounds good to me. As it is not a good low wing trainer for moving from high wing to low wing. It is fast, sensitive and very easy to tip stall. Of cause if you are confidence enough by all mean but ensure get it trim right other wise ..... hair raising experience.

BTW if you plan to use those "std wheels", be ware of their handling. I found it too weak and should be replaced with those foam wheels. Anyway use them first and replace them when they are damage.

So when you are going to fly? I may be off on coming Firday

Comment

Yup. I thought of the slow and easy Funny park... but Pips don't carry it. I hunted for a farmosa... but Pip's stock haven't arrive. So ended up with the P51.... which is actually skipping a in-between plane...

I am not too worried of the speed and the easy tip... I just going to bring more tape to the field to tape it all up, ....

Not too worried about trimming too... cause I trimmed my E-starter and my R30 myself...... it shouldn't be any harder right? I just going to bring it 4-5 mistakes high first (on a very calm day).....

As usual.. only 4-5pm on weekdays. But unlikely to fly my P51 this week.
                  Last edited by nic; 30-08-2004, 01:07 PM.
                  huh

Comment

Working...
                  X