Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy 1cmx1cm hard balsa rod

Too windy today... "iron tooth" still went to fly my Estarter.

1st crash nothing broke.

... still "iron tooth"
    2nd crash rip my landing gears and tail wheel.... well not that impt so I decide throw them away.

did field repair using masking tape....
    ... wind subsided... so went to try again...

Flew very well despite all the tape here and there...
    ... I am amaze that this thing can still fly!!!I have at least 1 meter of masking tape on it.... here and there..

It flew very well until wind came, right when my batt was running low... ganna blown+stall at low level, didn't manage to recover on time...

So.. broke the hard balsa motor mount.

Where can I go to buy a piece? + how much does it cost?
    huh

Have a spare piece, pm me ur address and i'd be happy to post it to u

Comment

U can try NTC

Your EStarter is it the GWS EStarter? Thinking of getting one also.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
        U can try NTC

Your EStarter is it the GWS EStarter? Thinking of getting one also.

Super-Hornet
        Yes it is GWS Estarter. It is a good high wing trainer... but not capable of doing aerobics at stock. There are weak parts in it that can be easily re-inforced during building (I didn't bother to)

It can be easily repaired as long as you don't mind flying a badly patch out plane that looks like it is going to break into pieces in the air..... that's why it even make a good plane for a beginner.... (so far I only spent additional $3 to repair the plane despite the number of crashes I had...)
        huh

Comment

Originally posted by wei young
          Have a spare piece, pm me ur address and i'd be happy to post it to u
          Thanks.. I think I will hop down to NTC instead.
          huh

Comment

Nic is your estarter using EPS gear box? If yes then I will like to share the wood with you (if you don't mind and do not need so much) please advise, thanks

Comment

Yeah.. I using EPS gearbox.. let me check the price first... I don't think I want to spent more than $5/m on it. If that expensive, I might just savage some wood elsewhere and saw it to size...
              huh

Comment

You are right, no point to pay so much as you only need that much, anyway thank and keep me inform.

Comment

Managed to get the wood from Art Friend.

Loyn.. check PM.
                  Last edited by nic; 24-08-2004, 12:16 PM.
                  huh

Comment

Nic, I got them from SHS, 1cm x 1cm hardwood, at $2.20 and I think they should still have them.
                    For the softer balsa, same 1cm x 1cm I just got them on Saturday from one of the shop in Bras Basah Complex. Damn.. I just can't remember which shop cause I went to many hurting for the polyurethane glue but ended up with 2 sticks of the balsa. Don't know the price too as I got together with some other items. It should be one floor below Art Friend. You have to try your luck but they still have quite a few.

Comment

969... err thanks but see my post b4 your post....

also... the glue you want can be found at Art Friend at 3.90 per tube excl GST
                      huh

Comment

Yep, saw that, a little late but just like to share the infor just in case other people might need it in future.
                        Know about the UHU POR too, been using that for almost 2 years now but the polyurethane glue is different. It expand when dry, fill up the cavities and provide stronger bond, it can be sanded and it is great for sheeting balsa to foam core. The UHU POR is similar to the contact cement except it is foam safe, for short : GWS glue that comes with every GWS kit.
                        Look like I have to get them from overseas through on-line.

Comment

Working...
                        X