Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News: Chinese manufacturer sells fake Intel Pentium 4 processors

Retrieve this from other news forum:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We have recently discovered that a chinese manufacturer is selling large quantities of fake Intel Pentium 4 CPUs. The manufacturer re-labels Intel Celeron CPUs and sells them, in a motherboard+CPU combo, as Pentium 4 2.8/3.6GHz original CPUs. The chinese company even goes as far as providing a special patch that will "trick" the BIOS and Windows into recognizing the Celeron as a genuine Pentium 4.

We have evidence that such CPUs are now being sold in Israel, and probably made their way to other countries as well, we'd like you to spread the word about this alarming new phenomenon.

Source: HWzone.co.il
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may also take a look at the manufacturer's site here: http://chuanghui.en.alibaba.com/offe...CPU_combo.html

(Take note in this image)

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
    Retrieve this from other news forum:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We have recently discovered that a chinese manufacturer is selling large quantities of fake Intel Pentium 4 CPUs. The manufacturer re-labels Intel Celeron CPUs and sells them, in a motherboard+CPU combo, as Pentium 4 2.8/3.6GHz original CPUs. The chinese company even goes as far as providing a special patch that will "trick" the BIOS and Windows into recognizing the Celeron as a genuine Pentium 4.

We have evidence that such CPUs are now being sold in Israel, and probably made their way to other countries as well, we'd like you to spread the word about this alarming new phenomenon.

Source: HWzone.co.il
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may also take a look at the manufacturer's site here: http://chuanghui.en.alibaba.com/offe...CPU_combo.html

(Take note in this image)
    hmm... that could also mean that the celery chip is pretty overclockable.
    or it is going to blow blow up the moment you run an intensive application.

Comment

But how can a consumer knows the different? Siao liao

Mike

Comment

V ^^ V

how can i tell if my is a fake or not???

i dun wan my com blowing up half way through playing game...

V ^^ V
        Stay happy and live life laughing.... V ^^ V
        You have only so many years.... V ^^ V
        so ENJOY IT!!!!! V ^^ V

Comment

horrifying! the chinese are capable of many stuff right now, unbelievable, maybe we will see fake futaba stuff or wad not in time to come

Comment

Originally posted by tacx
            horrifying! the chinese are capable of many stuff right now, unbelievable, maybe we will see fake futaba stuff or wad not in time to come
            futaba used 2 be made in japan,now taiwan ! (except some stuff),tt could be y my hi-torque servo jam...

Comment

Taiwan is known to make quality it products. alot of OEM from there.
              *~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~*
              I am no Expert in 3D nor Sports flying. If you need advices on crashing, I am an Expert!

Active :T-rex450SE like, 450TH 11T & CC35, R146ip, HS65MG*3, GY401 & HS81MG, mH ProFrame & blings, TP3S2100prolite & 7CHP 72MHz mode 2, EOS 7i & LBA6. MiniZ.

Mike

Comment

typo... IT
                I am no Expert in 3D nor Sports flying. If you need advices on crashing, I am an Expert!

Active :T-rex450SE like, 450TH 11T & CC35, R146ip, HS65MG*3, GY401 & HS81MG, mH ProFrame & blings, TP3S2100prolite & 7CHP 72MHz mode 2, EOS 7i & LBA6. MiniZ.

Mike

Comment

I even read this quote in somewhere in a magazine:

US spaceship or Russia spaceship, it does not matter, at the end, most parts come from Taiwan.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by aloev
                    V ^^ V

how can i tell if my is a fake or not???

i dun wan my com blowing up half way through playing game...

V ^^ V
                    well if you get a fake one then you sway lor..
                    best is to avoid any tray type CPU.. get teh boxed version and most of the time you are safe.

look for spelling mistake if any... china products are notorious for making mistakes.
                    like the philipines currency.. spelt gloria arovo cant imagine what would happen if the mistake was on a singapore currency.

Comment

Originally posted by tacx
                      Well, I am not surprise to see fake futaba one of these day.
                      Normally, One of the way they will do is that, they will make extra for the back door as "QC Failed" products , then re-pack it and sell it in the market.
                      or either that, they will copy your design and make it their own by changing abit here and there without much knowledge.

Comment

To avoid fake P4, there are few steps/caution u can take:
                        1 - Buy true boxed type of CPU.
                        2 - Go for AMD64/AMD64FX/AMD64Dual Core instead. Better performance than P4. Haven't heard of fake AMD64 yet.
                        3 - Buy those trusted brand of motherboard.
                        4 - Buy from trusted retail shop.

The above will not completely avoid fake but at least it reduces the chances of fake much much better.

EDIT: Correct some typo mistake

SH

Comment

Working...
                        X