Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Advice

Hi All,

Long time have not post here.... Have a friend looking to start QUad and eventually do Video and FPV.
    I don;t fly quad...any advice what is the latest to start ?
    Assume no experience in flying any rc.

Jonathan
    (JYZOOM,JYHELI)

WLtoys V222
    WLtoys V959
    JJRC H12C
    JJRC H8C
    Syma x5c

http://www.*****ood.com/buy/Quadcopter.html
    I<3RC

Comment

Originally posted by JYZoom View Post
      Hi All,

Long time have not post here.... Have a friend looking to start QUad and eventually do Video and FPV.
      I don;t fly quad...any advice what is the latest to start ?
      Assume no experience in flying any rc.

Jonathan
      (JYZOOM,JYHELI)
      Hi JY, you should start on multi-copter so you can add another name, maybe JYQUAD

*****ood is a cheap and good place to get quad stuff, but can get at LHS also. Is he looking to get a RTF or self-build? Latest RTF is DJI Phantom 3 to be released very soon. If self-build, your friend should decide on the quad size first, then the flight controller. If he is a beginner, Naza is a flight controller to start with, but if on a budget it would be Naze or CCD.
      Beastx installed and flying ...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

In quads, the simplest decent flight controller is NAZA. The naxa assistant is straightforward and fairly intuitive. Stock setting out of the box is good for medium quads >330sz.

GPS and ATTI modes are self stabilized with the former assisted by GPS (when sticks are released) craft will self brake and hold its X, Y position. Z, altitude will be dependent on throttle level. any throttle below 50%, craft will descend and vice versa.

ATTI is more like heli, where slipping and sliding when the sticks are released. Craft is self stabilised and will not tip but does not stop automatically. If flying towards an obstacle, if pilot do not pull back elevator, craft will fly into obstacle by its momentum.

NAZA has a 3rd mode, which is full rate. In this mode, there is only attitude hold (i, j, k). Craft can flip and roll, like 4CH heli. When inverted, if either GPS or ATTI mode is activated, FC will take over and self right.

The downside with NAZA is many of the advanced parameters is locked and cannot be accessed directly. The user influence factors is limited to about 6, gains for pitch, roll and yaw.

My experience is stock setting works very well for TBS disco size medium quads. When applied on miniquads, much tuning is required for ATTI mode.

Beyond NAZA, there's pixhawk/APM/HK megapilot, CC3D and NAZE...

As a start, I find NAZA (GPS for rth) will do. APM can do advanced stuff like waypoints, obstacle avoidance, autonomous following etc and is highly customisable. As for NAZE and CC3D, IMO they're great for the stuff, just buckle on and tighten your seatbelt and fly in between trees.

Once the FC is bedded down, then Fpv is next. For you, this bedding down process will take 1 flight. Just buy the Fpv stuff together when you buy your quad.

I've always loved the TBS discovery. I'll recommend that as a start.

Comment

Thanks SHM 900 for the link.

http://www.*****ood.com/buy/Quadcopter.html[/QUOTE]

Comment

Thank Kiply for your response and Remauled for the detail guidance.

Comment

Working...
            X