• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware cheap Carbon blades!

this resulted in an accident

Attached Files

Thank you for the heads up sir!!!

It failed in flight right?
    "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

Is there a specific brand that you bought we should avoid? Also please exercise caution when removing the broken carbon blade.

Comment

Bro BobH, are your carbon blades from GoodLuckBuy? My order is on the way. I am worried!

Comment

Tried carbon blades without changing any settings on the Phantom and it was so twitchy I didn't dare fly it for too long. Read somewhere that the gain settings need to be tuned in order to get it to fly better. In the end, gave up and switched from the stock Phantom 1.1.1 plastic blades to the Phantom 2 plastic blades. The Phantom 2 plastic blades worked perfectly on the stock setup plus improved the flight times.

Comment

Originally posted by kooshie View Post
            Tried carbon blades without changing any settings on the Phantom and it was so twitchy I didn't dare fly it for too long. Read somewhere that the gain settings need to be tuned in order to get it to fly better. In the end, gave up and switched from the stock Phantom 1.1.1 plastic blades to the Phantom 2 plastic blades. The Phantom 2 plastic blades worked perfectly on the stock setup plus improved the flight times.
            You should learn how a quad flies..... learn to tune it
            "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by wanna_be_pilot View Post
              There's about 3 learning fronts for multis.

The structural front- Building, material choice, component choice. Which, includes propeller choice. Even between the same pitch and size, there is a difference in materails and design and how they affect the flights. Some give better flight time, some more power and some stability.
              The programming front- gains, tuning, motor timings. Abit more complex and advisable to get some help when first starting out.
              The flight front- Practice practice and practice. Thats the best way to improve this.

Back to the main topic, just where did you get those props, not to flame the seller or what, but I think for safety reasons it's better we know the source so we can avoid such a mishap

Comment

Originally posted by 1812 View Post
                There's about 3 learning fronts for multis.

The structural front- Building, material choice, component choice. Which, includes propeller choice. Even between the same pitch and size, there is a difference in materails and design and how they affect the flights. Some give better flight time, some more power and some stability.
                The programming front- gains, tuning, motor timings. Abit more complex and advisable to get some help when first starting out.
                The flight front- Practice practice and practice. Thats the best way to improve this.

Back to the main topic, just where did you get those props, not to flame the seller or what, but I think for safety reasons it's better we know the source so we can avoid such a mishap
                respect for yr post. well-said.
                Heli-ADDICTION:
                Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
                JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Originally posted by wanna_be_pilot View Post
                  I use my Phantom for AP work, so I want longer flight times and thought going carbon is one way. However, achieved my objective using P2 props and 3rd party 2700mah batteries. 10+ minutes with GoPro FPV and 3 axis gimbal. Still have the carbon props with me, maybe when I have more time then can try tuning the gains.

Comment

Working...
                  X