Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FPV 2.4g or 5.8g for new quad setup....confused

As above subject, I wanted to build my first quad or first quad with FPV but I'm rather confused after reading some build log post on different FPV with different frequency.

Need some "old bird" to advice what is the better or correct setup if I'm going to build my Quad based on TBS Disco Pro. I'm also confused when do I need to have a ground station if I'm going for a Fatshark Dominator with 5.8g Rx.

Also am I able to re-use my old JR DSX9(DSM2) radio(TX) and RD921(rx); only realised today there is some term called PPM which is not avail in DSX9. I have really lost touch after stop flying for 2-3years.

Here are some of the build items on my mind to start off:

TBS DISCOVERY PRO gimbal frame
    DJI NAZA Lite + GPS
    900kV2 Motor & 30A ESC set
    Fatshark Dominator goggle
    FPV camera (TBS 69)
    TBS BOSS 5.8 GHz video transmitter
    4x 200W motors and 4x 30A ESC
    4x 10x5 propeller set (clockwise and counter-clockwise rotation!)

Thanks in advance for the advice

Usual 2.4g for rc radio and use 5.8g for fpv. I used 32ch v.tx so that i can use any 5.8g band receiver in the market.

Comment

Those are the frequencies that are used for receiving and transmitting. Typically, 2.4GHz is used for control BUT it is also used by some as a video transmission frequency for better range and penetration. 5.8Ghz is almost exclusively used for video transmission though I believe one of the DJI Phantom family uses it for control.

I am unfamiliar with your Rx/Tx but it should output PWM right? As in each channel has it's own cable. The Naza and Disco Pro works in PWM mode as well. PPM basically takes all your channels and combines them into a single output, so instead of 8 cables for 8 channels, you now only need 1. So just double check that your current Rx/Tx uses PWM and you're good to go.

Comment

Is fpv flying in Singapore allowed? Do u need any license?

Comment

Not to be policing but technically FPV is illegal license can provide you permit to fly but only specified period of time and mostly done by commercial shot. But it is not illegal to fly LOS (hint). With that said make sure you dont fly over people (i never suggest flying with lots of pedestrian). A lot of people dont liked to be filmed or see multi do fly by.

Now for the question on freq.

You have a common setup as most flyers have

JR DSM with RD921 are on 2.4Ghz
          Fatshark Dom (TBS DOMINATOR RX (5G8) VRX) with Boss VTX is on 5.8Ghz

Just make sure fatshark and the boss are on the same frequency 5.8Ghz
          Look at the bottom of the TBS website
          Fastshart VRX

evilmerlin is right the phantom vision implemented the reverse, video is on 2.4GHz while control is on 5.8Ghz both are the same freq as your wifi and bluetooth. word of caution in reality the power of this frequency is the boarderline of illegal your mobile phone typically emits 500mW power on 2.4Ghz band. While some uses 1.2Ghz and 1.3Ghz or even 900Mhz please remember this is used in Aviation, Singapore is rather small I'll leave it at that. Remember MDA might be jsut near you

Comment

Originally posted by TruckBasher View Post
            Not to be policing but technically FPV is illegal license can provide you permit to fly but only specified period of time and mostly done by commercial shot. But it is not illegal to fly LOS (hint). With that said make sure you dont fly over people (i never suggest flying with lots of pedestrian). A lot of people dont liked to be filmed or see multi do fly by.

Now for the question on freq.

You have a common setup as most flyers have

JR DSM with RD921 are on 2.4Ghz
            Fatshark Dom (TBS DOMINATOR RX (5G8) VRX) with Boss VTX is on 5.8Ghz

Just make sure fatshark and the boss are on the same frequency 5.8Ghz
            Look at the bottom of the TBS website
            Fastshart VRX

evilmerlin is right the phantom vision implemented the reverse, video is on 2.4GHz while control is on 5.8Ghz both are the same freq as your wifi and bluetooth. word of caution in reality the power of this frequency is the boarderline of illegal your mobile phone typically emits 500mW power on 2.4Ghz band. While some uses 1.2Ghz and 1.3Ghz or even 900Mhz please remember this is used in Aviation, Singapore is rather small I'll leave it at that. Remember MDA might be jsut near you

Thanks bro for all the advice....I'ved ordered most of my parts required to build a new FPV quad.

Comment

Working...
            X