Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F450 compact FPV setup

This is my F450 setup for FPV. I was looking for a compact setup and came up with this.

Front View

The Gopro mount. Essentially one aluminium plate with four M4 holes.

The Gopro and the flight camera

The FSD3530 1380kv motor. Bigger than recommended

The extra mounting holes drilled for the bigger motor. The diesel tubing provides the bumper and landing feet.

The receiver on the bracket, V tail antenna for best reception. The VTX(250mw, 5.8G) with the tall cloverleaf and the NAZA VU below.

Front face of it all

Have fun and fly safe

No GPS? For better performance, move your VTx + Antenna to the front, maybe just behind the gopro. As a rule, keep all primarily transmitting components as far away as possible to primarily receiving components. Having them all close together could cause your control range to be shorter than what your system is truly capable of. Lessen the angle of your control antennas' "V" orientation. I assume that you won't be doing flips with this quad, so you don't really need the elements to be 45 degrees from the horizontal. About 60 degrees should do.

Comment

Nope, no gps. Potentially less issues to worry about and the cost too. I actually tried an all on test. The current setup gave my 2.4g controller 2.5km range while putting the vtx behind the gopro gave abt 2.2km. The deciding factor was because the vtx behind the gopro dropped the video range by half when facing me. Wifi was off btw.

As for the antenna V, I use a t6j. No way of telling how the antenna is pointed and I may not hold the controller steady while on the goggles so the 90 deg apart helps alot when doing a banking turn.

Comment

Yeap, no gps. Less trouble, things to go wrong and of course less cost.
        I have tried the vtx in front with a range test. The gopro seems to affect the video signal even without the wifi on. The range dropped by half. As to control range, putting at the back only shortened the range from 2.5km to 2.3km I am not going to be able to fly that far to be honest so better video signal won considering the control range didn't really drop much. That amount could be caused by alot of other factors.
        The V at this angle is to clear the props to be honest. And to add to that, I can't really keep my controller pointing the same place while on the goggles and my t6j has a internal antenna which i cannot tell it's orientation so this setup gives abit of safety margin.

Comment

Very nice set-up,I think I saw this quad before.are flying in Bishan park?

Comment

Originally posted by jhaive View Post
            Very nice set-up,I think I saw this quad before.are flying in Bishan park?
            I did fly there one day a while back. I fly around bishan area usually, not the park most of the time.

Comment

Working...
            X