Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How interesting on Quadcopters

Just to share. Not sure someone posted this before. After watch, totally change my view of Multi rotors:
    Visit http://TED.com to get our entire library of TED Talks, transcripts, translations, personalized Talk recommendations and more.In a robot lab at TEDGloba...

I've seen this before, really awesome stuff. This encourages me that multi-rotors will definitely have a place in the future. They could be delivering pizza, scouting the borders, flying ahead of ships to scout for pirates, doing inspections of dangerous places... The possibilities are endless. I've read a BBC article saying that in the US they have estimated that in the very near future multi-rotors will be a large industry employing tens of thousands. Right now it's just a hobby for most of us but I'm quite sure that in our lifetime many of us might even be employed in the multirotor industry.

Comment

I saw someone implemented the software (firmware) that knows how to compensate in case of a motor failure, similar to how it is shown in the video. So now it would come as part of your software in the flight controller.

Comment

the only problem with this demo is that its based on computer vision and optics... so this could be used in enclosed spaces or small controlled outdoor spaces but its not likely to be able to deploy multirotors like that everywhere.

Comment

Working...
        X