Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hobby King Backorder blues

All the good stuff on HK are always on backorder and its getting quite frustrating. Last night they released a 250mm quad racer kit. I thought... i'll buy on the weekend so i can have time to think of what else to order. By the morning the bloody thing was on back order. Basterds!!! why they not make enough??????

Newbie here. Aiming at this too i.e. 250mm quad racer kit. But the shipping after all the things that I need is US $ 53. Is it ok for the price by FedEx Priority. How long is the lead time for the delivery?

Comment

fedex priority is really fast. personally I would pay the extra $$. They ship out of HongKong so to get to SG it takes about 3 days, as compared to using normal airmail it takes at least 3 weeks and in some cases 5 weeks. Also airmail tracking doesn't work so you never know if it will ever arrive. Not worth the anxiety if you ask me.

Comment

Agree, Fedex priority is much faster, reliable with more detailed and up to date tracking too. My Fedex man will call me at my mobile so I know the very moment the goodies arrive. I recently got 2 orders under EMS via Fiji (Freipost) / Singpost with tracking and they can even be missing pending investigation until today. When I probe further they tell me they have just stopped using Freipost as well. So pay a little more for peace of mind.

Roboto,
        New item should be replenished quite fast. You can register your email with them and when the backorder goods arrive you will be notified.

Comment

Lucky they have already decided to drop Fiji post.
          ordered some batts on Jan 8, got my parcel only during first week of march.
          Airmail are now actually Malaysian Post...which is not as slow but still takes 2-3 weeks for a small parcel.
          Agreed current best is Fedex. Normally will receive within 5 working days.

Comment

Hi everybody, this is the first time for me to order from hobbyking. For Fedex priority. Aside for the item and the shipment fee added, do we still need to pay tax here in Singapore or it is already included to the shipmet fee. Here is what it prompt before paying:

Please be advised that you may be required to pay import tax and duty fees for your parcel on arrival in your country.
            If you fail or refuse to pay this import tax you understand that:
            Paying import tax is a legal requirement for importing goods into many countries* and HobbyKing are not responsible for additional fees charged.
            Your order will return all the way to our warehouse International warehouse situated in Hong Kong.
            You will only be refunded for the value of your goods minus the additional shipping cost for returning your item to our warehouse.
            This return shipping price can be up to 3x HIGHER than the initial shipping cost as FedEx do not offer discount rates on return shipments.
            The value of orders to Brazil and South Korea must be declared at 100%

* If you are unsure if you are required to pay import tax in your country, please visit your government's taxation website or your local customs office for more information.
            I have read and agree to these terms and conditions
            [ Yes ] [No ]

Comment

Cost, Insurance and Freight plus Other relevant costs would count towards the value of $400.

Goods and Services Tax
              There is a 7% Goods and Services Tax (GST) levied on all goods, inclusive of new articles, personal effects, souvenirs, gifts, food preparations and dutiable products, imported into Singapore. GST is calculated based on the CIF value (cost, insurance and freight) of the goods plus all duties payable. If the invoice value of goods does not include insurance and freight charges, the postage charge paid for the goods is to be taken as freight and insurance charges, and is to be added to the invoice value of such invoice for calculation of GST payable.

GST relief is granted on goods, inclusive of new articles, personal effects, souvenirs, gifts and food preparations but excluding dutiable products, imported by post to a total value not exceeding $400. Where the value exceeds $400, the entire sum would be subject to GST.

Originally posted by pbrian26 View Post
              Hi everybody, this is the first time for me to order from hobbyking. For Fedex priority. Aside for the item and the shipment fee added, do we still need to pay tax here in Singapore or it is already included to the shipmet fee. Here is what it prompt before paying:

Please be advised that you may be required to pay import tax and duty fees for your parcel on arrival in your country.
              If you fail or refuse to pay this import tax you understand that:
              Paying import tax is a legal requirement for importing goods into many countries* and HobbyKing are not responsible for additional fees charged.
              Your order will return all the way to our warehouse International warehouse situated in Hong Kong.
              You will only be refunded for the value of your goods minus the additional shipping cost for returning your item to our warehouse.
              This return shipping price can be up to 3x HIGHER than the initial shipping cost as FedEx do not offer discount rates on return shipments.
              The value of orders to Brazil and South Korea must be declared at 100%

* If you are unsure if you are required to pay import tax in your country, please visit your government's taxation website or your local customs office for more information.
              I have read and agree to these terms and conditions
              [ Yes ] [No ]
              Items for Sale:

Comment

Are you refering to the FPV250? The frame is not bad but the components for the kit that HK is including with it is really lousy

Comment

any shops with actual ready stock that we an walk in and buy? ive been to a few and they either have this, not that or no stock ALL THE TIME. i was looking for mostly DJI stuffs. Had to order via ebay or hobbyking. the wait can be painful especially if i need certain parts to fly.

Comment

What parts are you looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by gh81 View Post
                      Are you refering to the FPV250? The frame is not bad but the components for the kit that HK is including with it is really lousy
                      We'll nice and cheap and actually dollar per performance I think it's quite good value. Besides, when its cheaper you'll feel more confident to do more daring flying, and because its small you're less likely to damage stuff or people you fly into.

Comment

Originally posted by evilmerlin View Post
                        What parts are you looking for?
                        was looking for esc green color. motors upgrade, 5.8Ghz rx module, gps module.

i bought the esc at shop, motors and the rest all from ebay. will take weeks to arrive.

Comment

Working...
                        X