Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turnigy 9X setup on Naza Lite help advice

Hello all expert out there, I am just begin into Multi Rotors flying hobby recently. Eventually had bought a used Quad which equip with Naza Lite and GPS ready set.
    The problem is I am using a Turnigy 9X, was having a hard time configuring the TX on the Naza Lite assistant software. Have Google around and tried several times with google guide instructions, but no success each time in setting up the Naza function.
    Really appreciate if any expert have been using the similar 9X and have successfully configure flying with. The following questions were my concern and will surely need your kind advice and sharing on how to configure.
    1) The Altitude, Manual and GPS setting.
    2) The (IOC) Course lock & Home lock feature
    3) Fail safe (RTH) mode feature.

Also it seems like my TX have very limited switches/knots to configure most of the Naza features, think I will probably have to give up a few flying feature since my TX have limitation.......

Thank you in advance & God blessed!

I'm using a naza lite with a futaba t6j. Only have one switch to switch flight modes, so i gave up gps mode(by not installing the gps. Spare gps unit here people).

I uset he end points to set it in, then enable fail safe to bring the tx values to failsafe mode. The naza is better with a radio that has a three position switch.

Just try out every possibility, the naza won't take off when the usb is in.

Comment

You'll first have to activate the channels on the 9x if you haven't already. Do it by going MENU>FUNC SETTINGS>AUX-CH then select your switch choice for every channel.
      There are no 3 way switches for any channel sadly so you have to work with 2 way switches on the software.

switches/knobs that can be used as channels are:

top left back switch (THRO HOLD)

top right front switch (GEAR)

top right knob (PIT TRIM)

front left knob (HOV THRO)

Hope this helps!

Comment

It can be done with turnigy 9x or 9xr, Tonite while I'm back I will sent a YouTube link to assist your request.

Comment

Maybe this youtube video can help you
          This video demonstrates how to use a Turnigy 9X transmitter and the 3 mode switch to control three different flight modes in the DJI Naza. In this case we do...

Comment

The following is for turnigy , i hope this 3 link will help u

1) DJI Naza Basic and Attitude Gain Settings for Pitch & Roll Using Turnigy 9X Control Knobs
            Please check out http://www.garagepilots.com for more discussions about multirotors.This video demonstrates the process for setting remote gains on your DJI ...

2) DJI Naza Forced Failsafe Using Turnigy 9X Gear Switch Channel 5 Mix w/ 3 Position Switch
            I posted this based on a request from several subscribers asking how to use the Turnigy 9X gear switch to send the DJI Naza into a forced failsafe mode. This...

3) DJI Naza 3 Flight Modes (Attitude, Manual, and GPS)
            This video demonstrates how to use a Turnigy 9X transmitter and the 3 mode switch to control three different flight modes in the DJI Naza. In this case we do...

Comment

Hi guys, thanks a lot for all your kind response and all precious information. That's very informative and helpful in a way for me to start as a newbie. I eventually went thru the Youtube video again and again for hours just to understand and configured my 9X.
              And finally i am to configure the following on my 9X with Naza Lite assistant software. But also give out some Naza function due to the limitation on my TX.
              1) Done configure of the 3 position switch for "A, M, GPS" flying mode.
              2) Done setup on Fail safe to off set the flying mode by using the right flip switch.
              3) Done setup on "Home lock" on and Off only using the Thuo Cut flip switch on the left. Due to limitation I can only chose "Home lock and turn Off and unable to set Course Lock
              *Was thinking fly without the (Course Lock) is it ok?
              **My other questions, may i know where you guys usually meet and fly your Multi quad? I am staying around Henderson Road, do hope to join you guys if location not very far. So that can learn
              from you (expert) guys on flying tips and quad sharing.
              Will like to know is there anyone flying quad with Turnigy 9x controller?

Thanks again everyone and happy flying

Comment

The IOC can be helpful if you understand it.
                i dont use home lock or course lock.
                Mis understand the theory of IOC might lead to a crash ( it happens , human mistake always trigger when panic )

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by eric goh View Post
                  The IOC can be helpful if you understand it.
                  i dont use home lock or course lock.
                  Mis understand the theory of IOC might lead to a crash ( it happens , human mistake always trigger when panic )

Cheers
                  Thanks Eric, i agree with you, whenever human (newbie) in a panic situation will trigger IOC mode wrongly and cause crash.
                  So will probably not use that feature, since I have Fail safe configured for 3 position flying mode.

Comment

Btw skyman

you can set your IOC to one of the HOV THRO etc and for info i'm also using a 9x with frsky DJT. ( for me i just dont like the IOC )
                    i dont know what type of rig you are in but remember pre-flight check is important.

1) Always let your Naza FC warm up ( look at the led colour at the VU )
                    2) Ask yourself have you calibrate your Naza?( try use a compass and see where your north is ( good to be in a open area like park etc ) then start calibrating )
                    3) Is your prop/ battery tighten.

Lastly, for a start don't dash into it and flying at a high level you never know what happens next

Click image for larger version

Name:	tarot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	672.6 KB
ID:	978111

Comment

Originally posted by eric goh View Post
                      Btw skyman

you can set your IOC to one of the HOV THRO etc and for info i'm also using a 9x with frsky DJT. ( for me i just dont like the IOC )
                      i dont know what type of rig you are in but remember pre-flight check is important.

1) Always let your Naza FC warm up ( look at the led colour at the VU )
                      2) Ask yourself have you calibrate your Naza?( try use a compass and see where your north is ( good to be in a open area like park etc ) then start calibrating )
                      3) Is your prop/ battery tighten.

Lastly, for a start don't dash into it and flying at a high level you never know what happens next

[ATTACH=CONFIG]131282[/ATTACH]
                      Thanks for the kind advice Eric, wow your quad is cool and very nice.
                      I am using the original Turnigy 9X rx (full range). Did not use Ch 7 on Gimbal setting as I do not have any camera. Yes i have done the Compass calibration. Got the following questions wonder you can advice me. 1.For some reason that i got this error called "DB" error whenever I try to sign in the Naza assistant, never have a chance log on. How should I resolve it. 2.Can Multi quad arm and fly indoor with GPS turn on (noticed the signal is very bad), or what mode should I apply in order to fly indoor?
                      *Is it fine for me to have your contact number, just wish to make more friends in this Quad RC flying hobby. Thanks again....

Comment

9x is cheap n good! been flying my quads n hex with it.good tht u manage to configure.

Comment

Working...
                        X