Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D printed Spyda 500 APM Vibration Analysis

This is one mean looking 3D printed quad but how does it fly in reality? Follow this post to find out how it performs in flight with main focus on the APM vibration analysis.
    P1080316
    P1080319
    Quad Specification
    APM 2.6 with Neo 6M V2.0 GPS
    3D printed PLA @15% fill, 2 shells - Top and bottom plate , 4 x Battery Slider support structure in between both plates(Helps to improve rigidity)
    APM is mounted on the top plate with double sided tape
    Sunny Sky X2212-13 KV980 II
    Afro 30A Escs
    4 to 1 ESC bullet connectors with XT60 Plug — Power distribution for ESC
    Power module designed for APM by Fishbone
    10x4.5 APC Multi Rotor Props
    Boscam 200mw Video Transmitter
    720p CMOS camera
    Minimosd -- For on screen display information
    433Mhz Telemetery
    3.01 Firmware

Vibration log for X and Y axis on Stabilize mode, it shows +/-80 thereabouts. And its very good!..in fact, better than what i expected. The acceptable range for x,y axis vibration is +/- 300 if you are looking at tlog instead of the dataflash log.
    X_Y_Vibs
    Now, going to the Z axis. It shows - 800 to -1140, its within limits and in fact GOOD! The acceptable range for Z axis is -500 to -1500.
    Z_Vibs
    Overall, I'm pretty impressed with the frame's characteristic especially on how it handled the vibration. The end results, the quad flies with a very locked in feel and handles strong winds very well. This is mainly attributed by the larger frame size of Spyda 500 and its geometry and it definitely performs better than the F450 in gusty winds condition.

Video proof? Yeah.....i'm working on it. It's not easy to slot in time for my "time-consuming" hobbies and juggling with my 3 year old kid and a 6 months old toddler. Working on a 3D printed "Spike Go pro mount" so that i can stab the mount to the soil and film my quads flying around.
Working...
X