Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gimbal for Pocket Cinema

Wondering if anyone has any experience with brushless gimbals for the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema camera, other than a modified Zenmuse Z15?
    Any input would be appreciated as I'm trying to figure out if there is any good system out there to get this new camera up in the air...
    Seems like it would be a great alternative to heavy-lifting a big DSLR...
    Thanks in advance for any advice guys!

The best would be to buy a gimbal and a gimbal controller separately.

I personally just bought this gimbal setup.

3axis gimbal--> http://www.foxtechfpv.com/foxtech-fa...er-p-1181.html

Alexmos Gimbal controller --> http://www.foxtechfpv.com/3-axis-bru...ed-p-1268.html

Your cameras' weight falls within the limit of the gimbals' specs so it should work fine.
    "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

Thanks for the reply and suggestion wanna_be!
      Would love to hear how your new setup works out...
      What camera do you plan to fly with it?

Comment

my 1st choice would be the HDR-PJ430VE. A camcorder with a floating sensor design. i.e. rather then just being stabilised using the lens, the whole sensor assembly moves to create stabilised videos. And also there is this module that you can buy which allows you to control the zoom and shutter using a radio. Plus i will be able to get the video out from it to use a on a camera switcher so that i can switch from my piloting camera to the recording camera. here is a link to it --> http://www.sony.com.sg/product/hdr-pj430ve

my 2nd choice would be the Sony Nex-7. A standard camera used by most of the aerial photography (AP) pilots here. The downside of using a camera is that you can shoot videos for a max time of 15-20 mins only. After which, the sensor would get too hot.

I have not bought the camera yet. Waiting for exams to be over.
        "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by wanna_be_pilot View Post
          my 2nd choice would be the Sony Nex-7. A standard camera used by most of the aerial photography (AP) pilots here. The downside of using a camera is that you can shoot videos for a max time of 15-20 mins only. After which, the sensor would get too hot.

I have not bought the camera yet. Waiting for exams to be over.
          Why would 15-20mins be a problem... most multirotor rigs carrying a gimble and camera can only be flown for 15-20mins anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X