Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flite Test Tricopter, V2.5 post build crash and rebuild pics!

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timatworksg View Post
    Great build with pics! Congrats on the completion!
    I've built many tri's since coming across RCExxplorer's build 2 years back. I currently run a larger 17" arms version with the wire dampening for my Gopro and another micro for fun. I had a 12" arm version but it was sacrificed for the micro.

In what way did it crash? Did it start to occilate or inputs were twitchy? Default tri settings on the KK2 board are sensitive. Drop me a PM and I can pass u my basic set up...you should be able to work from there. Other areas of consideration:

- Servo used..digital or analog? If digital you should set servo to 'high' (sorry can't recall where in the menu but scroll around and you will find it.) If analog switch to 'Low'
    - Gyro's correcting in the right direction especially the rudder servo
    - Ensure when you calibrate the Acc gyros the tri is flat...I used a spirit level for this.
    - The Delrin frame is smooth and doesn't make a good friction hold for the arms. I had the FPV manuals Pro delrin tri once and it was a pain without the good friction hold. I ended up selling that and scratchbuilt with ply. You could lightly sand the delrin around the area where the arms fold or just do with the locking screw if your not into that.
    - Lemme know if you need any help. My tri's fly great without probs.

cheers!
    the crash was pretty weird, was doing FOV recording and my camera took the plundge, anyway there was a hint of a sudden yaw to the right before the thing smacked into the ground!
    from my point of view, i saw my tri's left arm folding in before the thing fell from the sky. Not gonna take any chances!!

I'll do all the settings as per mentioned tonight =)

Comment

Dropped you a PM with long story...lol! Hope it helps!

Comment

Thanks tim!

received and noted! im bringing the tri to RP tomorrow for a small flight with a friend, will adjust values and take pics =D

Comment

Working...
        X