Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoyn View Post
    It is still stuck on the roof... I did ask a roof contractor to come over and see how it can be done. He says using a ladder to go up will not be a problem. However, the house owner feels that it is not safe and a scaffolding would be a better option. ..
    Thank you all for the support!
    Sounds like your neighbour is quite un-neighbourly. Though it is your mistake, but you've already shown willingness to get a professional roofing company (not amateur retrieval attempts) at your own cost to solve the problem. I don't think it's fair to still question whether there may be further damage caused, etc. as after all, these are professional guys who've been doing this kind of work - going up roofs - why question their capability.

I think it's best you leave it at that, as your best proposal, and wait for your neighbour's response. No point moving too fast, and being reactive to their every little demand, otherwise it's difficult as you're kept running in circles,and impossible to get the job done. This is just like when dealing with difficult colleagues at work when you're trying to get things done, right?

If your neighbour is not sincere about wanting the quad off the roof, by imposing all kinds of demands, then just let them have it up there as a permanent memorial loh... I think just write off already by now, cos the electronics are most likely fried/swamped and not reliable already, if still working at all.

Anyway, who's to say it is up on the roof, if no one can go up there to take a look??
    ------------------------------
    Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
    NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Originally posted by hoppinghippos View Post
      oops sorry I was typing my reply before I read your latest post. I think the owner shouldn't be so worried lah. Roof repair surveys are like that. The roof guy will climb up with ladders, survey the roof, look for crack tiles etc, then come down and inform the home owner on the situation and the price quotation. Its the usual bread and butter daily operation to the roof guy.

That was what I told them as well. But they insist on a scaffolding. I did try attaching a camera with pan system onto a pole but when Auhouhz and I brought over to their house, they feel it was too short and it may also damage their property. But it may be true that the pole was too short cos if I were to add more poles, it is going to bend over and likely to create more damage.
      Anyway if you're paying the roof guy to do the job, his workers should be automatically insured under workmen compensation act anyway so no worries. The only issue is whether the roof guy will indemnify against any additional damages to the roof caused by his workers. You can always ask him to include this in the contract or quotation though. Its pretty reasonable and standard.
      Originally posted by Auhouhz View Post
      Sorry but I have to say a few hard truth about this neighbour. I was there and spoke to them together with TS. From their attitude and tone, its obvious they are just trying to make things difficult for our friend here. Since its a private property and they have the upper hand, we can't reason much with them. I strongly believe the quad can be retrieved in 15min given a ladder.
      Hey Auhouhz, thanks for coming over the other day and for sharing your suggestions about the quad retrieval. Really great to have met such a good buddy.

Originally posted by newmanhyde View Post
      sorry to hear the neighbour is a basterd . this reminds me to better crash on the road than any property. i really dont see what the neighbour will gain from this. i bet they are folks that dont work and stay all day spying at other neighbours.
      Apparently.... The husband is a lawyer. So yeah....

Originally posted by foxkilo View Post
      Sounds like your neighbour is quite un-neighbourly. Though it is your mistake, but you've already shown willingness to get a professional roofing company (not amateur retrieval attempts) at your own cost to solve the problem. I don't think it's fair to still question whether there may be further damage caused, etc. as after all, these are professional guys who've been doing this kind of work - going up roofs - why question their capability.

I think it's best you leave it at that, as your best proposal, and wait for your neighbour's response. No point moving too fast, and being reactive to their every little demand, otherwise it's difficult as you're kept running in circles,and impossible to get the job done. This is just like when dealing with difficult colleagues at work when you're trying to get things done, right?

If your neighbour is not sincere about wanting the quad off the roof, by imposing all kinds of demands, then just let them have it up there as a permanent memorial loh... I think just write off already by now, cos the electronics are most likely fried/swamped and not reliable already, if still working at all.

Anyway, who's to say it is up on the roof, if no one can go up there to take a look??
      My sentiments! I can say that this is the most stressful crash that I will ever have and I am sure this will be the last of crashing into property or hopefully into anything. Hopefully, the battery have died and no power is being supplied to my electronics. I have heard of people retrieving their plane from trees after six months and most of their electronics are working fine. So keeping my fingers crossed, although it has been through 3-4 downpours, lost count already.... A bit difficult to leave it there, one thing is sentimental value and the feeling of "so near yet so far." But the biggest issue will be, if I told that to my neighbour, I fear they may sue me for disturbing them. If they do hire a roof contractor to go up and they found my quad there, I will be in deep shit... Would rather spend the money to get it down and access the damage than stuck in a long legal dispute.

STATUS UPDATE: I have just spoken to the house owner immediate neighbour and he was extremely kind enough to let the roof contractor climb up to his roof. The best part was he actually offered his own ladder to climb up to the roof. I have already scheduled an appointment with the roof contractor to come at 4 and hopefully this whole ordeal will be over by 5. Now hopefully the lawyer house owner will allow the roof contractor to walk over to their roof and get my quad back. If they don't, then I will have to use the pole method with a ultra heavy duty magnet attached to it to bring my quad over to their immediate neighbour side. Fingers crossed that they will be okay with this arrangement.

Comment

oops sorry I was typing my reply before I read your latest post. I think the owner shouldn't be so worried lah. Roof repair surveys are like that. The roof guy will climb up with ladders, survey the roof, look for crack tiles etc, then come down and inform the home owner on the situation and the price quotation. Its the usual bread and butter daily operation to the roof guy.

Anyway if you're paying the roof guy to do the job, his workers should be automatically insured under workmen compensation act anyway so no worries. The only issue is whether the roof guy will indemnify against any additional damages to the roof caused by his workers. You can always ask him to include this in the contract or quotation though. Its pretty reasonable and standard.
        That was what I told them as well. But they insist on a scaffolding. I did try attaching a camera with pan system onto a pole but when Auhouhz and I brought over to their house, they feel it was too short and it may also damage their property. But it may be true that the pole was too short cos if I were to add more poles, it is going to bend over and likely to create more damage.

Unable to edit post... Sorry for the double post.

Comment

well you really don't have to be scared of them. They can only sue you for damages and it sounds like there doesn't appear to be any obvious roof damage/leakages resulting from your crash. And you have proof that you did try your best to retrieve the quad. So really, if they are being difficult, then just ignore them and tell them you offered to have professionals retrieve the quad and its up to them to accept or not. If they don't accept, then its beyond reason and you have no obligation to do more, since you really do not have any better solution realistically. Then if they threaten to sue, let them sue lor. If the husband is a lawyer, I'm sure he'll know its pointless to sue.

Comment

well you really don't have to be scared of them. They can only sue you for damages and it sounds like there doesn't appear to be any obvious roof damage/leakages resulting from your crash. And you have proof that you did try your best to retrieve the quad. So really, if they are being difficult, then just ignore them and tell them you offered to have professionals retrieve the quad and its up to them to accept or not. If they don't accept, then its beyond reason and you have no obligation to do more, since you really do not have any better solution realistically. Then if they threaten to sue, let them sue lor. If the husband is a lawyer, I'm sure he'll know its pointless to sue.
            Thanks bro for the advice. I'm still currently waiting for their reply as to whether the roof contractor can walk across to their roof from their immediate neighbour's roof. But to prevent any further misunderstanding, I will personally ask them to confirm whether it is okay to walk to their roof. Hopefully in two hours time, I will be hope with my quad to access the damage and whether the electronics are working or not.

Comment

Hey bros! Thank you for all the support. I finally got my quad at around 5! Was testing my electronics to see which one is faulty. The only faulty one currently is my arduflyer board, but I need to further test it to determine whether it is really faulty or not. The motors are also a little rusty on the outside, wonder if I should continue using these motors. Shall see how it goes. And once again, thank you all for your suggestions and support. I can finally say case closed!

Attached Files

Comment

Happy for you! You can finally have a good night sleep. : )

Comment

Good to see you got it down. Relief...

Comment

The lipo looks badly bloated...take care to dispose of it properly...don't forget to save the connectors.

Comment

Yeap. Finally can sleep in peace without worry and disappointment. Yeah, the lipo is pretty bloated, its voltage is currently 2.4 volts...

Comment

dont forget to enter the hobbyking crash cash contest. who knows

Comment

Working...
                        X