Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can SiLab ESC's be flashed with the USBAsp programmer?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently the new turningy plush ESC's run Silab chips and not the Atmel chips.
    "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo Da Vinci

I'm fairly certain the SiLab chips cannot be programmed via the Atmel programmer.

I just flashed a bunch of Plush 40A ESCs with the SiLab Toolstick Base Adapter. Ordered locally in Singapore with free local courier for about SGD30. (http://singapore.rs-online.com/web/p...-kits/7570464/).

There is a project that allows you to program the SiLab chips using an Arduino platform if you already have one. HobbyKing carries the Arduino Nano at USD10 as an alternative. But this is a more technically challenging approach.

I soldered a servo connector onto the ESCs so I can easily connect and reprogram them in the future. I was glad I bought an extra ESC for soldering practice as I broke off one of the tiny soldering pads... Used the smallest servo cables I could find (32AWG I believe).

All the best!

Comment

Thank you sir. I understand now.
      "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

Working...
      X