Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blade Nano QX quad-copter Unboxing, Review, and Maiden

This is for those that are eyeing this new machine, but haven't yet pulled the trigger. Here is my unbiased unboxing, review, and maiden:

Good little toy man. I bought 2 today, and actually took out the controller for one and put it into a bigger, china quad (220mm size). Flew pretty well!!! Kinda fun to see a bigger quad do the stabilising when launched using a coin toss haha

Comment

Hi, where we get these in Singapore and the price range?
      “Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”
      ― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by Mathias View Post
        Hi, where we get these in Singapore and the price range?
        $90+ from RCS in Fookhai for the BnF
        Hanger
        Hirobo XRB SR Lama
        Hirobo Quark SRB
        Hirobo Quark SRB SG
        Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
        Blade450 3D
        MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
        COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
        Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
        FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
        Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
        HK FLYJET EDF
        Artech Skyfun
        Dynam P51D Mustang
        Parkzone P51

Tx:
        Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
        Spektrum DX6i
        DX8
        Futaba 9CAP

Comment

I got mine from RCS. Got the RTF version and 2 extra batteries. Came to about S$130+ if I remember correctly. It's a fun little thing to fly and a great way to practise without risking my bigger quad. Takes a ton of beating and keeps on flying!

Comment

If only it can mount a little camera , it would be fun

Comment

This quad looks cool but don't know how long the motor will last, the replacement looks like too expensive to me. For 1 replacement motor for nQx I can buy 4-6 motors for X4
              Plane:
              - UM Sparrowhawk
              - UM J-3 V.3
              - UM PT-19
              - UM Spacewalker
              - UM Porter
              - UM Extra-300

Comment

Originally posted by evilmerlin View Post
                I got mine from RCS. Got the RTF version and 2 extra batteries. Came to about S$130+ if I remember correctly. It's a fun little thing to fly and a great way to practise without risking my bigger quad. Takes a ton of beating and keeps on flying!
                It is a pretty fun little thing especially if you are used to flying a machine like this. I am not, so it wasn't as much fun as it may be in the future for me.

Originally posted by nightmare8118 View Post
                If only it can mount a little camera , it would be fun
                This video will give you an idea as to what it is capable of. It isn't mine, but he is a great source for RC info and is very much a stickler for detail: http://youtu.be/TH7hXJ0uqOo

You'll note that it can handle a payload of 7.5 grams according to his test. Find a camera that weight or under and you are in business.

Originally posted by garryh View Post
                Good little toy man. I bought 2 today, and actually took out the controller for one and put it into a bigger, china quad (220mm size). Flew pretty well!!! Kinda fun to see a bigger quad do the stabilising when launched using a coin toss haha
                Post some video of that up in here, please

Originally posted by buratino View Post
                This quad looks cool but don't know how long the motor will last, the replacement looks like too expensive to me. For 1 replacement motor for nQx I can buy 4-6 motors for X4
                This is a potential downside. These motors are brushed as well, which means they aren't going to last a terribly long time by default if the 1S plane motors are any indication.

Comment

Hey guys!

This is the follow-up video to my Nano QX unboxing, review, and maiden flight video. This shows it flying outdoors in some pretty stiff and changing wind.

I hope you guys get something out of it!

Comment

Has anyone else bought this little bug yet?

Comment

Yup. I have Blade nanoQX since Aug 10, 2013. It is my first Quadcopter or multicopter.
                      I wanted to have some some that can fly indoor like in the living room...especially during raining day.
                      TRex250 is not stable enough for indoor and the TRex250 blades is not a safe as the nanoQX.

After I saw some youtube videos showing its stability, so I decided to get one instead. I love it. Being flying around in my living room.
                      Tried once outdoor and so far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet View Post
                        Yup. I have Blade nanoQX since Aug 10, 2013. It is my first Quadcopter or multicopter.
                        I wanted to have some some that can fly indoor like in the living room...especially during raining day.
                        TRex250 is not stable enough for indoor and the TRex250 blades is not a safe as the nanoQX.

After I saw some youtube videos showing its stability, so I decided to get one instead. I love it. Being flying around in my living room.
                        Tried once outdoor and so far so good.
                        That is great to hear! I actually prefer it outside to inside, but both are fun.

Comment

So has anyone else got this little quad yet?

Comment

I talked John into flying his Nano QX quadcopter in cold wind the other day and I caught this footage while he did his thing. We were both pretty cranky when we started but we both left pretty happy once we were done. RC aircraft like this are better than Prozac!

Comment

I bought this a few months ago.. if you plan to use this outdoors (or maybe indoors), buy few extra props and make sure you put the correct prop in the correct motor. If not, you'll see that it has a hard time lifting up.

Comment

Working...
                              X