Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low flying fpv

Any expert in low flying fpv? I am planning to pilot my craft in the woods.

Flying between trees .....

Depending on how dense the trees are, you might have to select the lower frequencies for your video gear. And depending on your choice of video frequency, you might have to adjust your control gear/frequency as well. Since you'd be flying between trees, use 3.6mm lens or longer for your FPV cam so you'd get a clearer (although narrower) view of where your craft is heading. Longer focal lengths also helps making sense of depth judgment easier. If you are doing fast forward flying between trees, you may have to fly in manual mode to get the nimbleness and precise control needed to maneuver your craft, most self-level/attitude/stabilized mode of the different FCs are much slower in responsiveness compared to their manual modes. Also consider having faster RPMs with shorter props on 4S than longer blades on 3S. The craft would be much more responsive on throttle changes, along with having SimonK-flashed ESCs.

Comment

Reminds me of a Goshawk. I am still amazed by this bird.
      Hanger
      Hirobo XRB SR Lama
      Hirobo Quark SRB
      Hirobo Quark SRB SG
      Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
      Blade450 3D
      MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
      COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
      Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
      FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
      Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
      HK FLYJET EDF
      Artech Skyfun
      Dynam P51D Mustang
      Parkzone P51

Tx:
      Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
      Spektrum DX6i
      DX8
      Futaba 9CAP

Comment

I have no plan to invest in expensive gears such as expensive gopro, motors or whatever. would be using low end cheap motors, low quality gear to achieve low flying fpv.

However. I am prepare to spend time practising with t9x tx.

Comment

Originally posted by wengwah View Post
          I have no plan to invest in expensive gears such as expensive gopro, motors or whatever. would be using low end cheap motors, low quality gear to achieve low flying fpv.

Then I propose the name of the thread should be Cheap Low End fpv for low level flight: Any Expert in cheap low end low flying fpv?

I was almost misled.
          Hanger
          Hirobo XRB SR Lama
          Hirobo Quark SRB
          Hirobo Quark SRB SG
          Blade450 3D
          MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)

Plane
          Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
          FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
          Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
          HK FLYJET EDF
          Artech Skyfun
          Dynam P51D Mustang
          Parkzone P51

Tx:
          Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
          Spektrum DX6i
          DX8
          Futaba 9CAP

Comment

What exactly do you want to know then? A list of parts?

Comment

Hi bro , i was thinking use FPV 4CH Westland Lynx helicopter , take out the part for fpv on quad , can this be use ?

Comment

I will not showoff my cherry where there is so many Farrari around.....so stupid..........

Comment

Originally posted by elmosan View Post
                  http://youtu.be/waNQmNF6Sgs

Reminds me of a Goshawk. I am still amazed by this bird.
                  The Goshawk in FPV-Quad form, lol:

Justin Welander (see his other videos):
                  Machine : QAV500, CC3D, MT-4006, stock plush 25A ESCs, graupner 10x5 props, 3300mah 4s lipo, spektrum 2.4ghz rc.

Come on now, watch this in 1080p... large player. =]QAV400 with prototype G10 armsOpenpilot RevolutionMT2212-13 motorsAPC 8x4.7 propsFPVmanuals simon k ESCs...

Trincotactical:
                  Pushing my RDX4 to the best i can in high speed maneuvers, please thumbs up and subscribe! :)Watch insane GForce (Part 2) here : http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Hadriez:
                  Coolness motor from Sunnyskyhttp://www.foxtechfpv.com/sunnysky-221213-kv980-p-384.html

Frame: Iconic-X FPVFlight Controller: CC3DMotor: Sunnysky 980kvESC: HiModel FlyHyper 30A ESCs flashed with simonKBattery: 4S 3300mah or 3000mahProp: Graupner...

Comment

Hi aramid do you have cheap video goggle at less than 100?

Comment

Hi aramid do you have cheap video goggle at less than 100?
                      I wish quality goggles that cheap exist. Here's one in eBay, but I have no idea of the quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Aramid View Post
                        The Goshawk in FPV-Quad form, lol:

Justin Welander (see his other videos):
                        Machine : QAV500, CC3D, MT-4006, stock plush 25A ESCs, graupner 10x5 props, 3300mah 4s lipo, spektrum 2.4ghz rc.

Come on now, watch this in 1080p... large player. =]QAV400 with prototype G10 armsOpenpilot RevolutionMT2212-13 motorsAPC 8x4.7 propsFPVmanuals simon k ESCs...

Trincotactical:
                        Pushing my RDX4 to the best i can in high speed maneuvers, please thumbs up and subscribe! :)Watch insane GForce (Part 2) here : http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Hadriez:
                        Coolness motor from Sunnyskyhttp://www.foxtechfpv.com/sunnysky-221213-kv980-p-384.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLCp7vaJmJs

The setups in the videos are simply too expensive! Graupner props? GroPro3? 4S power? Spektrum? TBS? OMG!

Bro, do suggest something cheaper, preferably low end and cheap... and requires tinkering with the t9x...
                        Hanger
                        Hirobo XRB SR Lama
                        Hirobo Quark SRB
                        Hirobo Quark SRB SG
                        Blade450 3D
                        MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)

Plane
                        Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
                        FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
                        Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
                        HK FLYJET EDF
                        Artech Skyfun
                        Dynam P51D Mustang
                        Parkzone P51

Tx:
                        Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
                        Spektrum DX6i
                        DX8
                        Futaba 9CAP

Comment

Originally posted by alexsim View Post
                          Hi bro , i was thinking use FPV 4CH Westland Lynx helicopter , take out the part for fpv on quad , can this be use ?
                          Why not, you can certainly try it out. The full FPV gear (fpv cam, 5.8g video tx + antenna, 300-500mAh 3S lipo) should add around 120g, so figure that in with your heli's thrust/weight ratio. Next thing you need to consider is how to place these on your heli, while keeping your CG right and the antenna clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Aramid View Post
                            Why not, you can certainly try it out. The full FPV gear (fpv cam, 5.8g video tx + antenna, 300-500mAh 3S lipo) should add around 120g, so figure that in with your heli's thrust/weight ratio. Next thing you need to consider is how to place these on your heli, while keeping your CG right and the antenna clear.
                            Thanks bro , i will try on this

Comment

Originally posted by elmosan View Post
                              The setups in the videos are simply too expensive! Graupner props? GroPro3? 4S power? Spektrum? TBS? OMG!

Bro, do suggest something cheaper, preferably low end and cheap... and requires tinkering with the t9x...
                              Hahaha, those videos were meant to show the agility of these quads when properly set up and in the hands of good pilots. But yes, they got premium gear. Assuming the flights are not done in Singapore (be legal!), here's a possible "cheap" build list for key FPV components for low-altitude, through-the-trees flights:

-OrangeRx OpenLRS Tx with Receiver ($50) - the Turnigy 9x can be modded to have this module. Flash with OpenLRSng and modify the base frequency/hop list/channel spacing as necessary. See a good test here on it's stock performance. This is a clone of the Flytron OpenLRS, which is a bit more expensive, but still less expensive than the rest of the other long-range systems. This will allow the pilot to have good control behind trees and other obstacles. Replace the stock antennas with Nagoya ones ($17).

-Any of the 1.3G or 2.3/2.4G Vtx/Vrx should work, although the 1.3G would be better penetrate the trees and other objects. Most of these VTx-VRx pairs are less than $100 in Hobbyking, ReadyMadeRC, FoxTechFPV, and other sites. Add CPL antennas, or go cheap and build a pair, and you're good to go.

-FPV cameras are cheap in HK (starts at $17). Add a $4 pan-tilt mount, and a $4 micro-servo for the optional capability to pitch the cam.

Make your own wood frame, use the awesome KK2 FC (with 1.6 firmware), cheap motors, ESCs (SimonK-flashed, of course), and props. All set.

Comment

Working...
                              X