Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salute to everybody and help for choosing the brain! :D

Hi all,

first of all lets me start by saying that I'm a complete newbie to Quadcopter, but yes, I do fly rc plane for quite sometime now. I would really love to fly a quadcopter with FPV and it had been my dream since I started.

Oh, by the way, I'm not from Singapore, I just came here for around 3 months, but you know, once you joined RC Hobby there is no way out or it is easy to go in but it is expensive to go out

I'm currently in the process of build my own Quadcopter and I kind of getting stuck at choosing the right equipments. I have made quite a lot of research regarded to building quadcopter but I still don't really get it.

For the equipment that I have purchased are a Spacewalk 550 quadcopter frame, 4 t-motor, esc.

But when it comes to the brain of a quad, I don't know which one should I get. For most people would suggest to buy a DJI Naza - M and I think it is a brilliant choice for a newbie like me but hey, it is expensive .

My battle for choices right now are a APM 2.5 and DJI Naza - M:

APM 2.5 is an opensource which is nice, cause you will be able to do a lot of thing with it and it will be a lot cheaper if you want to add a telemetry, osd, fpv etc. And my main purpose to build a quadcopter is for a "stable fpv flight" . But the problem with a APM is, it is really hard to tune and for a newbie like me, it will be a big problem.

And for DJI Naza - M, I read a lot of comments about it, and for most people, it just worked out of the box which is pretty nice but how do you connect your DJI Naza - M to the FPV? Do I need to get a separate FPV system with its own power source, or there is a way in which you can combine all of that together? How would the OSD provide a mah consumption from the main battery?

And if you can provide me with a quadcopter building guide for system like that, it will be awesome. And where in Singapore I can purchase such things?

Is there anybody around Commonwealth MRT fly quad? I would love to join and discuss with you guys.

P/s: please excuse my English, as it is not my first language.

Thank you and have a great day

Since your end goal is a good fpv platform, I'd recommend getting the Naza with GPS if cost is not an issue. It is almost stable out of the box, which is great for a newbie. There's less tuning required and it is quite forgiving to minor inefficiencies. It has lesser features than the APM, but it is the best for the features that it has, which are more than enough for FPV.

That being said, the FPV equipment that you have to add doesn't really change much between Naza or APM. You'd still need a camera, video transmitter, video receiver, video viewing device, and a power system for these. Although you can utilize APMs OSD, it's really not a big deal to add OSD gear to Naza. To be practical about it, you'd only need a few pieces of information like battery voltage and altitude, the rest are just nice to have but isn't really necessary since you'd not be flying very long distances with a quad.

It would be recommended to plug the on-air FPV gear to its own power source so you'd get a noise-free signal.

You can get these equipment from local hobby shops or online, although the latter takes a bit of waiting, and you might not have the patience.

Comment

Originally posted by Aramid View Post
      Since your end goal is a good fpv platform, I'd recommend getting the Naza with GPS if cost is not an issue. It is almost stable out of the box, which is great for a newbie. There's less tuning required and it is quite forgiving to minor inefficiencies. It has lesser features than the APM, but it is the best for the features that it has, which are more than enough for FPV.

That being said, the FPV equipment that you have to add doesn't really change much between Naza or APM. You'd still need a camera, video transmitter, video receiver, video viewing device, and a power system for these. Although you can utilize APMs OSD, it's really not a big deal to add OSD gear to Naza. To be practical about it, you'd only need a few pieces of information like battery voltage and altitude, the rest are just nice to have but isn't really necessary since you'd not be flying very long distances with a quad.

It would be recommended to plug the on-air FPV gear to its own power source so you'd get a noise-free signal.

You can get these equipment from local hobby shops or online, although the latter takes a bit of waiting, and you might not have the patience.
      Wow.. thank you for you prompt reply, so by that you mean I should get theses two system running parallel? If it true I think I will go with the DJI Naza - M, where do you think I should get it from? and for the FPV equipments, do you recommend any good guide to set-up FPV with the Naza.

much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by lobebufe View Post
        Wow.. thank you for you prompt reply, so by that you mean I should get theses two system running parallel? If it true I think I will go with the DJI Naza - M, where do you think I should get it from? and for the FPV equipments, do you recommend any good guide to set-up FPV with the Naza.

much appreciated.
        If you meant that the flight control and FPV gear would be running in parallel, then yes, they are essentially independent systems, with ideally exclusive power sources. Here are a list of local and online sites, in no particular order, for you to start checking:

Local Shops:
        - www. singahobby. com
        - www. skyhobbies. com.sg
        - www. jethobby. com.sg

Online Shops:
        - www. hobbyking .com
        - www. foxtechfpv .com
        - www. rctimer .com
        - www. getfpv .com

There are other local shops at the basement of the Fook Hai building in Chinatown that you can check out.

Comment

Go for dji naza with GPS. Perhaps you may consider paying a small fees for the supplier to setup for you too. Try getting an ESC flash with Simon firmware too. This firmware will give you a diff flying experience.

Comment

Yes go for naza, u will have more fly time then tuning and is more stable for FPV .

Comment

thanks everybody, I'm trying to get in touch with Speeder, but i'm stuck at my job so I will have to get back later today. Anyway, thanks guys

Comment

Please note that DJI Naza is strictly for MultiRotor FPV. If you plan to mount FPV on plane and fly for an hour. You should consider getting the Open Source FC.

Comment

Originally posted by wengwah View Post
                  Please note that DJI Naza is strictly for MultiRotor FPV. If you plan to mount FPV on plane and fly for an hour. You should consider getting the Open Source FC.
                  Thanks for the head-up, but I'm not planning to fly a long range fpv at the moment. May be after getting really well with the quad!

Comment

Originally posted by lobebufe View Post
                    Thanks for the head-up, but I'm not planning to fly a long range fpv at the moment. May be after getting really well with the quad!
                    Just keep in touch with Speeder n he will help u everything,,,,,the expert will just tell u that there are so many YouTube out there....you can simply follow their recommended tuning to get it work......

Comment

lol.. i got in touch with Speeder just a few moments ago and it seems to me that he is quite a decent guy I asked him a few question regarded to the DJI Naza - M, battery blah..blah.. and he did explained to me quite clear. Hope to see you guys in field soon

Comment

Working...
                      X