Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DJI Naza won't arm ESCs

Hey guys,

I got a problem. I'm pretty sure my Naza is working, I've tried it on another multirotor and it works. Now I'm setting it up on a quad, but I can't get my ESCs to arm. The ESCs are HK F-30As flashed with SimonK. I've removed the red wire from the servo lead connecting from the ESC to the Naza. When I plug in my Lipo, I hear the three initialising beeps, and nothing after that. It's just the normal startup tone of 1-2-3, then silence. Normally I'd expect a confirmation beep after the initialising beeps, but I don't hear them...

I've calibrated my Tx (a DX6i) on the DJI Naza Assistant, making sure that the direction of the sticks are correct, and all my radio settings are correct. Subtrims all at zero, Travel adjust all at 100% in all directions except for Gear (which is my flight modes), model setup is in Acro mode.

I tried connecting the ESCs directly to my RX and setting the endpoints again, and I am able to get the fourth beep when I do this. So I can confirm that the problem lies with the setting of the Naza, it's not sending a signal for the ESC to arm.

I've tried doing all the CSCs, nothing works. I thought I was one of the unlucky ones, and tried the steps in this thread, but to no avail.

I wonder if I overlooked something, or am I just plain tired? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had the same issue when I was setting up my quad. Turns out it was due to me trying to customized the settings of my kit Gaui 500x ESCs (via the Tx - no programming card). I was suspecting it because the acknowledgement beep during subsequent ESC throttle calibration was not the usual 3 beeps, but just a single beep. I set them all back to default and it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Aramid View Post
      I had the same issue when I was setting up my quad. Turns out it was due to me trying to customized the settings of my kit Gaui 500x ESCs (via the Tx - no programming card). I was suspecting it because the acknowledgement beep during subsequent ESC throttle calibration was not the usual 3 beeps, but just a single beep. I set them all back to default and it worked.
      Hey bro, thanks for the reply.

Stupid me, I realised my mistake 5 mins after I posted this. I flipped the ESC signal wires around and didn't realise it for a good half a day trying to figure out why it won't arm... Sorry guys, I think I need some sleep.

Comment

have you sold your naza fc?

Originally posted by perdification View Post
        Hey bro, thanks for the reply.

Stupid me, I realised my mistake 5 mins after I posted this. I flipped the ESC signal wires around and didn't realise it for a good half a day trying to figure out why it won't arm... Sorry guys, I think I need some sleep.

Comment

Working...
        X