Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naza M and DX6i

Hi to all, I have a problem. I have follow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOjGL2ASkQA instructions and I'm able to switch from Atti mode to GPS mode and Fail Safe mode. But pls advice how do I switch to manual mode? Because I currently unable to calibrate my GPS as I need to flip the switch from manual to GPS 10 times before I can do that. Please Help. Thanks a million.

Originally posted by nightmare8118 View Post
    Hi to all, I have a problem. I have follow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOjGL2ASkQA instructions and I'm able to switch from Atti mode to GPS mode and Fail Safe mode. But pls advice how do I switch to manual mode? Because I currently unable to calibrate my GPS as I need to flip the switch from manual to GPS 10 times before I can do that. Please Help. Thanks a million.
    I'm a noob and not familiar with the details of your radio, so I'd rather share my experience doing that. Maybe it can help.

I got a Futaba T6J which only have 2-way switches, there are no 3-way ones. For compass calibration, I set one of the 2-way switches to Manual and GPS-Atti initially by adjusting the End-Point Adjustment (EPA) on the transmitter. Once calibration is done, I reconfigured the same 2-way switch to Atti and GPS-Atti by re-adjusting the EPA again on the Tx while connected to the Naza Assistant, making sure that either ends of the switch hits those specific modes. I don't see myself using the manual mode anyway (for now).

Hope that helps.

Comment

Oh, I forgot, if you got a 3-way switch, then just temporarily replace Atti or Fail Safe until you're done with the calibration. The process should be similar as above.

Comment

Originally posted by Aramid View Post
        Oh, I forgot, if you got a 3-way switch, then just temporarily replace Atti or Fail Safe until you're done with the calibration. The process should be similar as above.
        Dx6i has no three way switches. No radio has 5 or six way switches for all the different flight modes, so we use a combination of two switches. One three way switch and a two way switch can be combined to give us a "six" way switch that can access all the different flight modes. For the Dx6i i don't know if it's possible to create a "four" way switch by using two of the two way switches. Some people have knobs on their radios, and at each position would be a particular flight mode. But I personally don't like that, because you have to look down at the radio to change flight modes.

Just a suggestion, maybe get a 9XR?

Comment

The Naza doesn't really have a lot of flight modes to choose from though, so I was able to get away with 2 x 2-way switches (Atti/GPS-Atti on one, and Failsafe on the other). The same config might work for the TS. For other FC's a 6-position mode switch Tx mod might work, like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Aramid View Post
            The Naza doesn't really have a lot of flight modes to choose from though, so I was able to get away with 2 x 2-way switches (Atti/GPS-Atti on one, and Failsafe on the other). The same config might work for the TS. For other FC's a 6-position mode switch Tx mod might work, like this.
            Nice find! Cool switch to have. But it's pricey...

Comment

Hi all, thank you for all the advice. I just did what Aramid had suggested. But I have yet to test flight. Punggol Raining !!!
              Click image for larger version

Name:	224751_10151580314443179_1514131231_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	974421

Comment

Originally posted by nightmare8118 View Post
                Hi all, thank you for all the advice. I just did what Aramid had suggested. But I have yet to test flight. Punggol Raining !!!
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]122394[/ATTACH]
                Nice, looks good. We wish you success!

Comment

Looks like it's all ready to roll. Have fun with the maiden flight and Remember to fly safe!

Comment

Grats on problem solved. Pongol is a nice place to fly with BIG open space! Flew there once. Hope to see you there :P

Comment

Yep, I agree with the open space. The background in the picture looks like the waterway?

Comment

Originally posted by perdification View Post
                        Yep, I agree with the open space. The background in the picture looks like the waterway?
                        I hope that's not an MRT line.... that would be asking for trouble. :p

Comment

Originally posted by Kaen View Post
                          I hope that's not an MRT line.... that would be asking for trouble. :p
                          Land it on the track and disrupt train services, all rc will be banned in SG, like Chewing Gum ....

Comment

Don't worry , cos that had happened before and so far nothing happen . When i saw the rc warplane in punggol passenger service center , its rx , esc and battery had been removed . But that doesn't mean its ok to crash land there .

Comment

If you take the Punggol LRT for enough times, you will notice a poster talking about RC equipment flying into LRT tracks, since there's no roof over the tracks, unlike NEL or CC line. Next time you take the LRT in punggol, do take a look at the notice boards around the station... They already recognize our presence.

Comment

Working...
                              X