Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DJI Naza M Gain settings

while setting up my first quadcopter with naza m and gps...
    googled for some info on the gain settings....

tot i should just share this link to the data that the users in rcgroups consolidated...
    My Honcho Blog -
    My Honcho Youtube Channel -
    SGCrawlers Forum -
    Facebook -

Nice find! But precise tuning will still be different due to positioning of electronics and wind. Nonetheless, it might simplify out job of tuning indeed. But the thing is, Naza is already pretty stable out of the box. It'd be good if they have such docs for other FCs...

Comment

Thanks bro.....
      It helped to give me a rough figure although i understand that different setups may vary...

But i still dont understand the "set the gain until it oscilliate"....

Maybe i would understand it the moment i maiden it hopefully....
      My Honcho Blog -
      SGCrawlers Forum -
      Facebook -

Comment

I hope this helps

Works on all dji products! Naza lite, naza , wookong, a2, phantom phantom 2, phantom vision , inspire 1, etc, etcUPDATE: english coments are now in the movi...
        www.rov.sg

Comment

just realised i posted this in the marketplace.

can the admin or moderators help to move this to the multirotor section.

apologies for the inconveniences.

thanks!
          My Honcho Blog -
          SGCrawlers Forum -
          Facebook -

Comment

Originally posted by boolean21 View Post
            Thanks bro.....
            It helped to give me a rough figure although i understand that different setups may vary...

But i still dont understand the "set the gain until it oscilliate"....

Maybe i would understand it the moment i maiden it hopefully....
            No prob... It means increase the gain till you see the quad oscillating/moving back and forth rapidly/vibrating, then you'll know that the gain you've set is too high. Its similar to tuning helis. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll know what it is upon maiden. Wish you the best of luck for your maiden! You'll need it.

Comment

Originally posted by perdification View Post
              No prob... It means increase the gain till you see the quad oscillating/moving back and forth rapidly/vibrating, then you'll know that the gain you've set is too high. Its similar to tuning helis. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll know what it is upon maiden. Wish you the best of luck for your maiden! You'll need it.
              oh i see!...

so oscillating meanings it'll try to correct it's position rapidly during position hold?

yeah... i really need the luck!
              i've started collecting "luck" already

hope it'll stay in one piece after the maiden...
              My Honcho Blog -
              SGCrawlers Forum -
              Facebook -

Comment

oh i see!...

so oscillating meanings it'll try to correct it's position rapidly during position hold?

don't worry... if you have any specific problems.. just spell it out... lots of us here are willing to help out.

increase gains till it starts to oscillate... once it starts wobbling.. you will know that the FC is overcompensating... so you reduce slowly till you see no more rapid oscillation.
                Don't do it in a windy place... as that would be pointless.

Comment

noted, thanks Kaen.

another question i faced is the failsafe...
                  trying to setup the quad with a HK T6A that i have lying around while looking out for TX with more channels...

are we able to test out the failsafe mode in the naza assistant, meaning, if i switch off the tx while the mc is connected to the pc, will it show display whether it goes into the failsafe mode?

i'm able to "trigger" failsafe using the VR knob on the tx to make the slider fit into the failsafe zone.... means i should be able to trigger failsafe mode using one of the 2position switch right...

but when i turn off the tx, it doesn't seem to show the failsafe mode....
                  i will confirm this again the next time i try configuring...

i hope the naza assistant software displays the positions of the channels accurately when i power off the tx, at least i would know whether the channels return to zero when tx signal is lost.... really hope the throttle doesn't go to zero when signal lost....

need to google more info....
                  and read up more...

any advises from the bros there?
                  thanks.
                  My Honcho Blog -
                  SGCrawlers Forum -
                  Facebook -

Comment

some lunch time digging found the answer....
                    Build Your Own Drone, suppliers of drones and UAV parts, kits and accessories for your drone racing quadcopter and ready to fly drones. Our multicopter store offers a wide selection of different quality quadcopter parts, flight controllers & air frames. Stocking the biggest brands Fatshark, ImmersionRC, RaceFlight, FVT, DJI, Flyduino and more with helpful advice and support.

How do I know fail safe is working?
                    Can I check it before I need it?Yes, when you have the Naza connected to the PC and the assist software is running all you will need to do is switch off your radio system, you will see that the “flight mode” will jump to the fail safe option, when this happens the failsafe box will turn blue, if you are not able to set your radio to this function on signal loss you can still test this by moving the switch to the fail safe position, this will have the same outcome, the copter will return to home when the fail safe box is highlighted. When you are happy that all these settings are correct, go to your flight field and test the operation of the fail safe while in flight, the first tests are best done close by to make sure all is working as expected. Please note the Naza GPS will climb to 20 meters if it is below this height before returning home to land, so if you trigger fail safe in front of you at 3 or 4 meters it will ascend before it comes back to you,
                    means i should be able check the levels when the tx is switched off to simulate loss of signal...
                    will try out more on the naza assist software...
                    My Honcho Blog -
                    SGCrawlers Forum -
                    Facebook -

Comment

oh i see!...

Yup, overcompensating. Do keep us posted!

Comment

some lunch time digging found the answer....
                        Build Your Own Drone, suppliers of drones and UAV parts, kits and accessories for your drone racing quadcopter and ready to fly drones. Our multicopter store offers a wide selection of different quality quadcopter parts, flight controllers & air frames. Stocking the biggest brands Fatshark, ImmersionRC, RaceFlight, FVT, DJI, Flyduino and more with helpful advice and support.

means i should be able check the levels when the tx is switched off to simulate loss of signal...
                        will try out more on the naza assist software...
                        Yes, you should be able to see the state of the failsafe on the DJI Assistant software when you turn the Tx off. This failsafe option is configured using your transmitter's interface, which sets it on the Rx. For example, in my Futaba, I set the failsafe option in the Tx on Channel 6, at 25%, which puts the endpoint directly over one of two the failsafe selections in the DJI Assistant (I'm using channel 6 for mode selection).

Comment

Originally posted by Aramid View Post
                          Yes, you should be able to see the state of the failsafe on the DJI Assistant software when you turn the Tx off. This failsafe option is configured using your transmitter's interface, which sets it on the Rx. For example, in my Futaba, I set the failsafe option in the Tx on Channel 6, at 25%, which puts the endpoint directly over one of two the failsafe selections in the DJI Assistant (I'm using channel 6 for mode selection).
                          Thanks bro... done it... i set one channel to gps - atti - failsafe....

One more question... what values do you guys put for the batt warning voltages?
                          My Honcho Blog -
                          SGCrawlers Forum -
                          Facebook -

Comment

Thanks bro... done it... i set one channel to gps - atti - failsafe....

One more question... what values do you guys put for the batt warning voltages?
                            Someone asked a similar question in another thread. Do look for it.

Comment

Working...
                            X