• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autogyro

Is it a multi-rotor or a heli ?

It sure looks a lot of fun

Anyone remember "little Nellie" from the Bond movie "you only live twice"
    www.rov.sg

autogyro is not a helicopter. it is more like airplane.it uses propeller to push aircraft forward. Forward motion causes free rotating rotor to spin. taking off and control is done by adjusting rotor pitch.

Different..it cannot hover like helicopter.

Comment

I haven't see a r.c. autogyro before in person... but based on the video... it looks like the rotor blade is controlled/spin by motor like helicopter. In fullsize autogyro, the rotor is free spinning.

This is most likely for r.c. size or small size autogyro, if free spinning rotor, the rpm from the spinning will not be enough to lift the whole thing. Thus, by playing cheat, the rotor is spin up with assist by motor.

Comment

My Autogyro, yet to be maidened. Need a long and level runway, though.

Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet View Post
          I haven't see a r.c. autogyro before in person... but based on the video... it looks like the rotor blade is controlled/spin by motor like helicopter. In fullsize autogyro, the rotor is free spinning.

This is most likely for r.c. size or small size autogyro, if free spinning rotor, the rpm from the spinning will not be enough to lift the whole thing. Thus, by playing cheat, the rotor is spin up with assist by motor.
          Not really. The motor is to pre spin the rotor so it will shorten the takeoff distance. Same for the real one. Many equipped with pre spin feature.

Comment

Originally posted by rpari11 View Post
            My Autogyro, yet to be maidened. Need a long and level runway, though.
            Very scale look. Why did you get it? How much?
            Will be nice to see you fly.

Comment

Bought from LA Heli...
              Cant remember, I think the kit is about S$220
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X