Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by isaacp81 View Post
    Just wanted to share a blog I've started to document my journey with the DJI Phantom. I hope to share my experiences as a novice flyer with folks and hopefully convert some readers that are sitting on the fence about getting a DJI Phantom to go out and get one!
    The blog is at www.altitudepixels.com
    OH Isaacp81, thank you for the kind effort. Grateful.
    Heli-ADDICTION:
    Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
    JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Hi Folks,

I am also very keen to jump into this Phantom bandwagon! I have quite a few questions though, and i hope i can find some help here before i make my $$$ investment! LOL.

1) If i were to use a third party Gimbal like a Tarot that is plug n play via a JR plug, where do i connect to the Phantom? Open up and slot into the existing RX?

2) Can we buy the new BTU and iOSD and connect to the Phantom?

3) Now that there is a new NazaM V2, is there any upgrades to the Phantom? I only read about the new Phantom Vision with built in HD video cam

Thanks for sharing guys! I really love the Phantom for its reliability and easy design for beginners like me but i am not sure if it will be better if i were to go get the NazaM V2 + BTU/iOSD combo and set up a F450 quad.

I already got the Gopro3 and the Tarot TD-02. So i want to see what works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Verossa View Post
        Hi Folks,

I am also very keen to jump into this Phantom bandwagon! I have quite a few questions though, and i hope i can find some help here before i make my $$$ investment! LOL.

1) If i were to use a third party Gimbal like a Tarot that is plug n play via a JR plug, where do i connect to the Phantom? Open up and slot into the existing RX?

2) Can we buy the new BTU and iOSD and connect to the Phantom?

3) Now that there is a new NazaM V2, is there any upgrades to the Phantom? I only read about the new Phantom Vision with built in HD video cam

Thanks for sharing guys! I really love the Phantom for its reliability and easy design for beginners like me but i am not sure if it will be better if i were to go get the NazaM V2 + BTU/iOSD combo and set up a F450 quad.

I already got the Gopro3 and the Tarot TD-02. So i want to see what works for me.
        Your post sound like you want to do FPV. Since you already have the Tarot gimbal, you are better off getting a Naza-M V2 and a bigger frame, like the TBS discovery. There is only so much stuff you can put into the Phantom due to its size, which also limits the amount of thrust it can provide. Taking this approach will also allow you to get your hands dirty and learn more about your quad.

Comment

Hi Bro,

Thanks for advice! Yes, i trying to see if i can get some simple video on a Quad. I really love the TBS Discovery for the superb design and chassis. I will need to do more research before i jump into any permanent setup, so maybe at the moment Phantom will be out i guess...

Comment

Before anyone gets rip off by local suppliers ... The Phantom V1 is discounted now to USD$450 only ... cause Phantom V2 is coming in Nov.

I think a BNIB phantom should not cost more than SGD$630 from today onwards ...

Comment

Originally posted by moonstarers View Post
              Before anyone gets rip off by local suppliers ... The Phantom V1 is discounted now to USD$450 only ... cause Phantom V2 is coming in Nov.

Some distributor quoted me $730 and that was his best price from his original price of $880 after the announcement . Think I will sit out for a while and see if Phantom Vision is worth the buy hehehehe

Comment

Thanks for sharing.
                Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

WAo!

Luckily i didnt buy a used Phantom! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by htay09 View Post
                    Some distributor quoted me $730 and that was his best price from his original price of $880 after the announcement . Think I will sit out for a while and see if Phantom Vision is worth the buy hehehehe
                    Local distributors for hobby products always ready to rip off consumers cause our market is small and somehow they ain't afraid of social online reputation unlike those US/UK distributors.

I clearly saw somewhere that states DJI will 'help' handle this discount situation with their distributors ... which means the distributors won't be losing any money with current stocks.

I'm sure locally once they can't get rid of their $730 stocks, they will start going downwards towards the corrected $630 mark.

One of them still had the cheek to tell me 2 months ago that its IMPOSSIBLE 'guarantee chop' to get the phantom below $850 after i told him got hints of price reduction coming.

LOL. Still go challenge me to find one myself. Fkers.

Comment

Local distributors for hobby products always ready to rip off consumers cause our market is small and somehow they ain't afraid of social online reputation unlike those US/UK distributors.

I clearly saw somewhere that states DJI will 'help' handle this discount situation with their distributors ... which means the distributors won't be losing any money with current stocks.

I'm sure locally once they can't get rid of their $730 stocks, they will start going downwards towards the corrected $630 mark.

One of them still had the cheek to tell me 2 months ago that its IMPOSSIBLE 'guarantee chop' to get the phantom below $850 after i told him got hints of price reduction coming.

LOL. Still go challenge me to find one myself. Fkers.

Hmmm....sounds familiar. Is it that counter lady from Jet Hobby? I got the same treatment

Comment

Originally posted by htay09 View Post
                        Hmmm....sounds familiar. Is it that counter lady from Jet Hobby? I got the same treatment
                        Their customer service has gone from so so to no no. We can only ll.
                        Everyone has to start this hobby as newbie.

Comment

Am not sure about local reseller, but DJI dealers overseas have this fantastic offer. For about US $660, you get Naza V2+GPS+Zenmuse H32D (for GoPro 3). So, if you buy the Zenmuse, you practically get the Naza v2 + GPS for free

Comment

Originally posted by cruiser73 View Post
                            Am not sure about local reseller, but DJI dealers overseas have this fantastic offer. For about US $660, you get Naza V2+GPS+Zenmuse H32D (for GoPro 3). So, if you buy the Zenmuse, you practically get the Naza v2 + GPS for free
                            Nice. I'm waiting for the phantom V2 + zenmuse h32d bundle.

Hope it will launch together in Nov but dji has a very high ratio of delaying launch dates so I'm looking at Jan launch instead.

Comment

Any updates from new owners of vision or zenmuse? Seems that the cam on vision not as good as gopro.
                              Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                                any updates from new owners of vision or zenmuse? Seems that the cam on vision not as good as gopro.
                                lol!!! :d
                                "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

Working...
                                X