Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Mode do you fly with on your tx? 1,2,3,4?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Mode do you fly with on your tx? 1,2,3,4?

Hi all,

Just wanted to get a general feeling of what modes our local pilots like to fly on.

I've read that Europeans fly Mode 1 and Americans on Mode 2.

Personally I'm on Mode 2, but still trying to get the hang of it ;)

Originally posted by starhub View Post
    Hi all,

Just wanted to get a general feeling of what modes our local pilots like to fly on.

I've read that Europeans fly Mode 1 and Americans on Mode 2.

Personally I'm on Mode 2, but still trying to get the hang of it ;)
    If you observe the buy/sell forums here for some time, you'll realise that most of us are mode 2. But at the end of the day it's personal preference I guess. Some say mode 2 is better, others refute that, its really up to you. But if you want to buy transmitters on this forum, you'd have more luck finding what you want in mode 2 flavor.

Comment

So far from the meetups that I have attended, there are many Mode 1 pilots. How do I know? Coz I've tried to get them to test fly my helicopter (TX Mode 2), but I so many of them are Mode 1 pilots and can't help me out. Ha.
      Helicopters: KDS 450QS+Tarot 450FL+ZYX4.0, XK K120, HiSKY HCP100S, HP100BL, V922, HCP80
      Multirotors: Wingsland MiniVet, CX-20, NightHawk Pro 280, ROA Parkour 280, Eachine Falcon 250, Eachine Racer 250, Eachine Assassin 180, Tarot TL130H1, DP4X-124, Skyartec Butterfly
      Planes: Volantex 757-4, F16 EDF, F959, F939, HiSKY HFW400
      Transmitter: Taranis X9D+

Comment

I've talk to some flyers and a few of them told me that in the olden days , there's almost only mode 1 . Later when mode 2 was available because mode 2 being new , so pple still chose mode 1 as most of the pple then were still using mode 1 . Only much later then mode 2 begin to catch on . So nowadays i notice that many veteran flyers use mode 1 . Only pple who join the hobby at a later times started to use mode 2 ( but still not all ) due to personal preference . Thats why some pple may feel that many pple using mode 1 . But i myself is using mode 2 due to influence of cheap rc toy heli i guess lol . Correct me if i'm wrong .

Comment

For plane, it is better to use mode 1 (easier for 3D).
          For heli, it is better to use mode 2 (easier for 3D, such as piro flip).
          Everyone has to start this hobby as newbie.

Comment

Working...
          X