Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed please!

Hi everybody,

I have built a tricopter based of the rcexplorer design. I have tried to learn how to fly it by myself but have been unsuccessful so far. I have been flying rc planes for a few years by now but have little experience in flying helicopters.

Could somebody more experienced be so kind as to teach me how to fly the tricopter? I live in Bishan.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Grokky View Post
    Hi everybody,

I have built a tricopter based of the rcexplorer design. I have tried to learn how to fly it by myself but have been unsuccessful so far. I have been flying rc planes for a few years by now but have little experience in flying helicopters.

Could somebody more experienced be so kind as to teach me how to fly the tricopter? I live in Bishan.

Thanks!
    Hi have you tried flying with a simulator first? I got a lot of practice on Phoenix RC V4, Version 3 already has the Gaui Quad simulator. Though its not a Tricopter, it should help you practice your orientation. One of the hardest thing to learn is nose in hovering as most beginners will get disoriented and crash. Another tip I can share with you is don't fly too far away when you are first starting out. When turning, learn to use both the rudder (yaw) and roll (aileron) and also control the throttle at the same time. I find that turning at high speed will cause a pendulum effect causing a KKboard equiped Tricopter or Quad to swing upwards. That's why you must learn the fine throttle control when turning.

Still the best way is to practice on a simulator first. The Gaui on Phoenix is not perfect as the physics is not 100% accurate but I would say its 85% close and its a great tool to learn your orientation. I highly recommend you start from the simulator route first as crashing a virtual craft is way cheaper, but please don't make crashing a habit. Start every simulated flight as if you are flying the real thing.

I live in Ang Mo Kio and usually fly in the weekends. I'm a mode 2 flyer, converted from mode 1.

Comment

Hi Weeliano,

I have been practicing with the free Helisim software. Is it close enough to simulate a tricopter?

I also fly mode 2.

Could I join you on weekends to fly? Currently I fly alone.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Grokky View Post
        Hi Weeliano,

I have been practicing with the free Helisim software. Is it close enough to simulate a tricopter?

I also fly mode 2.

Could I join you on weekends to fly? Currently I fly alone.

Thanks!
        I have pmed you my contact info.

Cheers!
        Weelian

Comment

Working...
        X