Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HK KK board help

Been flying my quad wzout much prob on ff/fff n fig 8. Onli prob is when descending from height, d quad wobbles. Any ideas wat cud b causing it?? Tks

Setup: x525 frame
    Turnigy 2830 750kv motors, 1147 props
    20a escs n HK KK v2 FC
    X config
    Conquer Your Stick!!

Originally posted by wantime View Post
    Been flying my quad wzout much prob on ff/fff n fig 8. Onli prob is when descending from height, d quad wobbles. Any ideas wat cud b causing it?? Tks

Setup: x525 frame
    Turnigy 2830 750kv motors, 1147 props
    20a escs n HK KK v2 FC
    X config
    Hi, I also experience the same thing on my HK KKboard quads, I don't think there should be anything to worry about. For me, my quads seems to wobble only when you descend very quickly and the KKboard is trying to compensate for it. You can also try to tune the P value on the Roll Pot by reducing it a little. If I'm not mistaken the latest 4.7 firmware for the Roll Pot controls both the Roll and Pitch for the P control. My quad also wobbles when I Yaw it too quickly, reducing the Yaw pot value fixes this problem. Every time you change something like propellers or adjust the motor mount, you will need to re-calibrate the quad.

Comment

Originally posted by Weeliano View Post
      Hi, I also experience the same thing on my HK KKboard quads, I don't think there should be anything to worry about. For me, my quads seems to wobble only when you descend very quickly and the KKboard is trying to compensate for it. You can also try to tune the P value on the Roll Pot by reducing it a little. If I'm not mistaken the latest 4.7 firmware for the Roll Pot controls both the Roll and Pitch for the P control. My quad also wobbles when I Yaw it too quickly, reducing the Yaw pot value fixes this problem. Every time you change something like propellers or adjust the motor mount, you will need to re-calibrate the quad.
      Just to add some background on this problem. Wobble when descending most of the time caused by too high rate P.

On latest 4.7 firmware by KapteinKuk, he has implemented PID control tuning instead of traditional gain which in turn give precise movement when the PID parameters tune properly.

So like Weeliano said, if you have 4.7 fw, you can try reduce roll pot (Turn counterclockwise) a little bit, this will reduce the P value.

Cheers,

Comment

Oh ok. It's a general issue. I tot thrs sumting wrong wz my setup. I did play ard wz d pots to fine tune. Too low d roll value n it's a bit sloppy. Oh well, sumtings gotta gv I guess. Jus hope tt it won't affect my aerial vid too much.
        Tks guys. Whr u guys flying? I wud like to c d tricopter build/setup.
        Conquer Your Stick!!

Comment

Oh ok. It's a general issue. I tot thrs sumting wrong wz my setup. I did play ard wz d pots to fine tune. Too low d roll value n it's a bit sloppy. Oh well, sumtings gotta gv I guess. Jus hope tt it won't affect my aerial vid too much.
          Tks guys. Whr u guys flying?.
          Ooopppss ignore d tricopter part..... Lolz
          Conquer Your Stick!!

Comment

Tks guys. Whr u guys flying? I wud like to c d tricopter build/setup.
            I only recently caught the multi-rotor bug. My first quad was the Lotus 580 which barely lasted 2 weeks. First self built was a fpvmanuals kit Tricopter based on David Windestahl's design. 2nd was a Hobby - King Turnigy Talon V2, 3rd Quad was a Talon V1 and another carbon fiber Tricopter on the way. Yes I caught the multirotor disease big time!

I have tried videoing on my Lotus T580 but the camera mount transferred a lot of vibration to the GoPro. I have better luck on my Tricopter using the silicone tube shock absorbing platform technique described by David http://www.rcexplorer.se/projects/tr...copterv25.html. Taking time to balance the propellers and motors also removed a lot of vibration.

You can find my Tricopter and quad on this thread http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/show...-Talon-V2-Quad

Comment

Originally posted by Weeliano View Post
              I only recently caught the multi-rotor bug. My first quad was the Lotus 580 which barely lasted 2 weeks. First self built was a fpvmanuals kit Tricopter based on David Windestahl's design. 2nd was a Hobby - King Turnigy Talon V2, 3rd Quad was a Talon V1 and another carbon fiber Tricopter on the way. Yes I caught the multirotor disease big time!

I have tried videoing on my Lotus T580 but the camera mount transferred a lot of vibration to the GoPro. I have better luck on my Tricopter using the silicone tube shock absorbing platform technique described by David http://www.rcexplorer.se/projects/tr...copterv25.html. Taking time to balance the propellers and motors also removed a lot of vibration.

You can find my Tricopter and quad on this thread http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/show...-Talon-V2-Quad
              Oh ok tks. I saw d rc explorer thread b4 I started my build. Ya I hv issues too abt d vibes for my cam mount. Trying to figure out how to isolate/ dampen d vibes further.
              Conquer Your Stick!!

Comment

Working...
              X