Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to multi rotor heli

hey guys , im totally new to the whole multi rotor helicopters thing .

I am having lots of problems trying to understand the entire thing.

I currently have a dji F450 flame wheel set , a PCM9X II transmitter.

Is there any ways i can understand how the entire thing is suppose to
    work as an entire unit .
    I am totally lost .

These might help. Good luck! and welcome to Multirotor World!

1 views, 1 likes, 0 loves, 0 comments, 0 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from DJI WOOKONG-M:

Comment

I am also new. There is a lot to read up if you are very new to RC.
      It helps if you know a bit of electronics stuff, how they work but it is not neccessary.

There are many parts to this hobby.

1. Transmitter - Need to understand the basics before you can do anything
      2. Receiver - This is the partner for your transmitter
      3. Onboard processor - Almost every multirotor has an onboard processor. It depends on your budget how sophisticated you it to be.
      4. Onboard other stuff - cameras, gimbals, sensors, telemetry, etc.
      5. The model frame, motors, ESCs, etc

If you feel you want to just jump right in, get a Ready to Fly (RTF) package or like me, buy the AR Drone 2.0 to just play play, test test :-)

Comment

after the basic maybe you want to look into first person view(FPV) and long distance stuff or acrobatics. so that you can plan ahead how you want to design your multicopter. i am also new.

Comment

wow thanks alot guys , im currently trying to read up

and trying to understand the entire thing.

anyway , isit okay if i use the F450 set but for the control system(not sure what it is called)

, can i use the control system GU-344 from the 330X quadcopter ?

Sorry if i sound like a total fool with that question above

Comment

Originally posted by jiawe1 View Post
            wow thanks alot guys , im currently trying to read up

and trying to understand the entire thing.

anyway , isit okay if i use the F450 set but for the control system(not sure what it is called)

, can i use the control system GU-344 from the 330X quadcopter ?

Sorry if i sound like a total fool with that question above

Comment

Yes you can use gu344 with f450 frame.

If you really don't know how to start the build I suggest bring all your stuff to someone that can do it for you. RCE Hobby is accepting this kind of services. Good Luck!

Comment

For me, I got my F550 with Naza for 2 weeks. Bought the Aurora 9 and Spektrum DX8 but I don't even know how to configure and operate the F550. Any place I can join all the brother here to learn? I really need help.

Comment

Well if u wanna pnp go for blade mqx.less trouble.n can servival crash.go look for rcs.he will be happy to help assist u.

Comment

Originally posted by bkling1 View Post
                    For me, I got my F550 with Naza for 2 weeks. Bought the Aurora 9 and Spektrum DX8 but I don't even know how to configure and operate the F550. Any place I can join all the brother here to learn? I really need help.
                    Hi These videos might help

DJI F550 NAZA Complete Build Setup - http://vimeo.com/39061641
                    DJI NAZA ASSISTANT AND TX CALIBRATION - http://vimeo.com/39061642

Comment

By the way, I have also bought a battery 3s 5400mah 16C. Is it sufficient power to fly f550?

Comment

By the way, I have also bought a battery 3s 5400mah 16C. Is it sufficient power to fly f550?
                        Much better at least 30C

Comment

You can also try RP Innovations SG. - expert in DJI Products setup.

Comment

i tried reading up quite a number of forums , so basically , there is something im unsure of .
                            so basically the steps to building up my dji F450 would be , firstly , to solder the esc , placing the NAZA controller , my receiver , and the box which connects to the CPU , the wings and frame etc . but after connecting them , i need to bind my TX N RX first and do some calibration before plugging it to my CPU to do the NAZA assistant or what is the steps that i need to take ?

Comment

Originally posted by jiawe1 View Post
                              i tried reading up quite a number of forums , so basically , there is something im unsure of .
                              so basically the steps to building up my dji F450 would be , firstly , to solder the esc , placing the NAZA controller , my receiver , and the box which connects to the CPU , the wings and frame etc . but after connecting them , i need to bind my TX N RX first and do some calibration before plugging it to my CPU to do the NAZA assistant or what is the steps that i need to take ?
                              Bind TX and RX and calibrate all ECS first before connecting to NAZA.
                              And please read the NAZA Manual very carefully, step by step, and don't rush. Just Be patient
                              Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X