Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flying legally

i am very new to this hobby. so pls bear with me . is there any law regarding flying r/c vehicle in singapore? be it indoors or around flats .

Originally posted by newmanhyde View Post
    i am very new to this hobby. so pls bear with me . is there any law regarding flying r/c vehicle in singapore? be it indoors or around flats .
    Hi, there are many categories of RC categories. A small toy RC helicopter will certainly have no restrictions in flying whether indoor or out. However once the size/weight and power rating of the RC vehicle increases and poses a risk and danger to the public, it is best that you join a club or at least learn from more experienced flyers. Joining a club will offer you some protection in the form of group insurance. In any case, flying any large RC vehicle poses certain risk and its best to do so in a controlled environment.

I may be wrong, but as far as I know, there are no laws specifically preventing anyone from flying RC vehicles, I do remember many years ago, you had to apply for a radio transmission license from Singapore Telecom. Of course common sense prevails here. Do not fly near sensitive installations and exercise safety at all times.

To prepare yourself, I highly suggest starting out on a computer simulator first before moving on to the real thing. And treat the simulator as if you are flying the real thing. Also it will cost less when you crash a simulated aircraft.

Comment

thanks for the reply . that really make me think into a few areas . i more thing came to mind , is having a camera on the multicopter. dont know if people will sue for intrusion of privacy here.

Comment

i came upon this blog where the kite flyers in woodlands are approach by police when sembawang air base complaint .
        http://www.passionkites.com/forum/vi....php?f=8&t=166

Comment

Working...
        X