• Show
Clear All

KKboard driven HK Talon V2 Quad.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MyQuadCopter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	982727

My 2nd Quadcopter to replace the T580 that was destroyed when a propeller flew out at 7 storeys high. Built from HK's Talon V2 quad kit and Hobby King KKboard FC. 4xTurnigy D2836/9 950KV Brushless Outrunner Motors. 3x18A Turnigy Plush ESCs and 1 25A Hobbywing ESC. Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 25C Lipo Pack.

Still learning to fly quads.

Bro, few points to take note:

1) Motor is heavy
    2) Don't mount FC board on top of receiver
    3) 2 blades pro is more efficient than 3 blades
    4) Don't mix 2 dif ESC
    5) Your motor max current is 23a, so better watch up if you're using any 25a below esc
    6) Cover your FC

p.s. During learning stage: Build it cheap, build it as light as possible(unnecessary weight is any flying object biggest enemy) my 2 cents

Regards,
    Edwin.K

Comment

Originally posted by edwin3162 View Post
      Bro, few points to take note:

1) Motor is heavy
      2) Don't mount FC board on top of receiver
      3) 2 blades pro is more efficient than 3 blades
      4) Don't mix 2 dif ESC
      5) Your motor max current is 23a, so better watch up if you're using any 25a below esc
      6) Cover your FC

p.s. During learning stage: Build it cheap, build it as light as possible(unnecessary weight is any flying object biggest enemy) my 2 cents

Regards,
      Edwin.K
      Hi Edwin,

Thanks for your advice. I didn't set out to build the Quad with different ESCs, one of the 18A ESCs fizzled out when I plugged it in. Having a spare 25A ESC lying around I decided to try my luck and test it with the rest. I will replace it with an identical ESC when the replacements arrive. Don't have much of a choice for the way the Receiver and FC is mounted as the real estate on this frame is very limited and the 9x receiver is really big. So far the foam double sided tape seems to do the job well by absorbing the vibrations. I will probably try 2 bladed props when the new ESCs arrive.

This carbon fibre frame is very stiff and the unfortunate thing is vibrations are easily transmitted to the gyros. On zero wind it is very stable, but small gusts can throw it off balance. Constant flying is required. I'm satisfied with how it performs so far, but I think I'll stop flying it until I get my new ESCs. I will fly my Tricopter instead.

Comment

Name:	tricopter.jpg
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	970639

Here's my Tricopter using the KK plus. Couldn't get the original firmware to work so I flashed an older but proven 1.6 firmware and after some tuning, it is very stable and hovers very well. Haven't gone on to flying circuits yet, but will try it tomorrow provided the wind is not too strong. This tricopter is built from the Pro Tricopter Delrin kit from fpvmanuals. This tricopter is based on David Windest?l's design.

http://rcexplorer.se/projects/tricop...copterv25.html

Comment

In fact KK cheap gyro hardly effected by vibration from motor and unbalance prop, it can handle vibration better than most of the latest board out there. Lower down a bit of you roll/pitch gain see how it fly in wind, my roll/pitch gain both @ 23% for sport flying even in windy day no problem at all . Below is my 400 size crash dummy sport quad, cheap + light and easy fix once crashed.

p.s. bro wee, how do you like the Pro Tricopter Delrin kit? I wanted to build tricopter for sometimes and eyeing that kit too.

Regards,
          Edwin.K

Attached Files

Comment

KK board indeed less sensitive on vibration and unbalance props.
            Recently just build a palm size quad using HK KK V2 board and it fly great!
            Flying around living room, kitchen and bedroom. Fly great on outdoor too.

Comment

Hi Fly, very nice build tiny & cute, I bet that small prop not cheap hur? I used to build few micro quad too basically 220 size using 5" prop but gave up due to the small motor shalt keep bending, one motor ard $15/18 SIN not cheap at all. You will love miniwii + tiny freesky receiver just 1 cable ppm in .

p.s. check up goodluckbuy.com they just added tiny 3 blade props 2 days ago mayb can be use on you cutie.

Regards,
              Edwin.K

Comment

My old build both had retired...

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Fly, very nice build tiny & cute, I bet that small prop not cheap hur? I used to build few micro quad too basically 220 size using 5" prop but gave up due to the small motor shalt keep bending, one motor ard $15/18 SIN not cheap at all. You will love miniwii + tiny freesky receiver just 1 cable ppm in .

p.s. check up goodluckbuy.com they just added tiny 3 blade props 2 days ago mayb can be use on you cutie.

Regards,
                  Edwin.K
                  Nice build you got there!
                  I am using 92mm props. 2pcs cost around S$5.50.
                  Mine is 165 size. The little motor cost USD10.36 each excluded shipping cost.

Comment

In fact KK cheap gyro hardly effected by vibration from motor and unbalance prop, it can handle vibration better than most of the latest board out there. Lower down a bit of you roll/pitch gain see how it fly in wind, my roll/pitch gain both @ 23% for sport flying even in windy day no problem at all . Below is my 400 size crash dummy sport quad, cheap + light and easy fix once crashed.

p.s. bro wee, how do you like the Pro Tricopter Delrin kit? I wanted to build tricopter for sometimes and eyeing that kit too.

Regards,
                    Edwin.K
                    I highly recommend the Pro Tricopter Delrin kit, though it costs more than $100 after shipping, the parts are very well made and it makes assembly very easy, you can easily build the tricopter within 4 hours if you are fast with the soldering iron . Of course you can follow David Windestal's tutorial and it should work just as fine. The long bass wood arms is excellent for absorbing excess vibrations and the DT750s motors deliver more than enough power from the 10x4.7 props. After tuning the gains on my KKboard plus, the tricopter hovers very stably. Do make sure you have a reliable receiver and good extension cable for the servo driving the YAW. I had a suspected faulty receiver(Futaba 2.4 Futaba R2006GS) installed and it causes the yaw servo to twitch. Changing to a Turnigy 9x and receiver eliminated the problem.

Here's the original video showing David's tricoper setup for FPV.

FPV manuals Tricopter kit in FPV and prop down configuration for sport flying.

Comment

Hi Wee, thks for the info. I will eventually get that pro tricopter for sure, always find tricopter have a wow factor compare to quad at least to me :smile3:. Just fixed up my very first cheap ebay tricopter last night, surprisingly it fly really nice going to maiden later @ Tempinese if no rain.

Regards,
                      Edwin.K

Comment

Wow!

Took my Delrin Pro Tricopter for a flight downstairs. Only slight gusts and mostly windless conditions. This thing is on Rails! I can safely say that this is the Best VTOL RC aircraft I've ever flown! It is Super stable and a joy to fly!

Name:	TricopterPostFlight.jpg
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	970660

Last edited by weeliano; 07-05-2012, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Protoseni
                          Hahahah, than can fly at Night on wed
                          Still waiting for my LED strips from HK...

Comment

Video Shot on my Delrin Pro Tricopter kit

Shakes removed by youtube after upload. Rear propeller was unbalanced but has since fixed. Great machine to fly, forgiving flying characteristics. KKboard Kapteinkuk 1.6 firmware.

Comment

looks very smooth and stable. but why the camera has a bit of the jello effect?

Comment

Working...
                              X