Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DJI Wookong M GPS

Hello quadians, can anyone here give some tips (photos etc )how to cramp the electronics onto the DJI 450 quad frame? tks n rgds

This is not mine but I think this is the best wat to put electronics

Click image for larger version

Name:	Quad.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	970636

if you have LG and battery is mounted underneath put the GPS/Compass in Center. Keep it away from ESC and IMU.

Comment

DJI Wooking M GPS

Tks bro. Managed to squeeze everything in. Electronics lower deck. Receiver and LED indicator glued to under lower deck. No doing some adjusting. Need to ask for 1 more question: How to set Fail Safe Mode with a 6 (or need to up-size to a 7)channel receiver ? Tks again n best rgds

Originally posted by TruckBasher View Post
      This is not mine but I think this is the best wat to put electronics

[ATTACH=CONFIG]112481[/ATTACH]

if you have LG and battery is mounted underneath put the GPS/Compass in Center. Keep it away from ESC and IMU.

Comment

For 6CH radio Failsafe can be use or activated by turning off radio just set the proper FS on RX/TX depending on radio. But this is a risky move. Having it on a switch position is better. However to have all 4 mode, manual, atti, gps and FS then you need a combo if 2 and 3 pos switch. Just check with the radio you are looking for.

Before trying FS I would suggest read more on other forums for that radio and FS, there had been many run away multi, some of them are not even testing multi they just lose signal.

When you have the radio that supports it, follow this (not exactly as the PWM signal is not the same in wookong). Use the Assistant when configuring this you can see when you hit the correct mode

This might be futaba but the principle is the same for most radio.

Comment

Setting up the failsafe feature is very dependent upon the RC system you are using.

As an example, I am using the DJI Naza FC and Futaba 6J RC, I have ch 5 as the mode switch (switching between atti & normal modes) I have the RC failsafe set on ch5 so that upon loss of signal (switch off Tx) the mode ch activates the Naza failsafe procedure (auto-land).

From what I have read about the Wookong M, the failsafe works in a similar manner.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Failsafe

Just use programix in your tx. Mix the flight modes channel to one of the 2-position switch channel as your failsafe trigger. Good luck

Comment

DJI Wookong M GPS

Originally posted by Trex600 View Post
              Hello quadians, can anyone here give some tips (photos etc )how to cramp the electronics onto the DJI 450 quad frame? tks n rgds
              Hello Truckbasher/Wireman, almost there. Upgrade the receiver to 9 channels and setting to Heli mode instead of Acro. Test flight this morning. Looks ok with slight drift due to maybe cloudy sky. Gimbal controls with three axis. Failesafe mode activated. will test flight with home-lock tonight. Tks again

Comment

Naza GPS upgrade

Originally posted by Trex600 View Post
                Hello Truckbasher/Wireman, almost there. Upgrade the receiver to 9 channels and setting to Heli mode instead of Acro. Test flight this morning. Looks ok with slight drift due to maybe cloudy sky. Gimbal controls with three axis. Failesafe mode activated. will test flight with home-lock tonight. Tks again
                Even with the el-cheapo quad frame, the Naza GPS upgrade works well. Now going to test fail safe tomorrow. Three cheers for DJI. Don't need to be a program nerd to tweak this controller.

Comment

Working...
                X