• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T6 hex-copter

I had a great flight with my new build T6 at East Coast this morning

Nice. You using any gimbal?
    Noobie in R/C Stuff

Life is a gift. never regret a day in your life.
    Good day gives you happiness,
    Bad days gives you experience,
    Both are essential.

Comment

vuzix, come join us @ Tampinese why fly alone . You will be amaze how many multirotor flyer @ Tampinese now days, especially after 4pm during weekend.

Regards,
      Edwin.K

Comment

Hi Bryan, no gimbal, just hard-mounted using the GoPro adhesive quick release buckle.

Hi Edwin, I enjoy the early morning flights, especially the peace and stillness before the day really gets started. I will try to join you guys at Tampines.

Comment

2nd flight on Sunday was not very good, wobble on the video and a new DJI prop breaks in mid-flight. The front arm is bent & twisted on the right-hand side and it was only a few feet off the ground, its good it didn't happen on the 1st flight in the morning when it was up high looking over the anchorage.

I will not be using DJI props ever again after this little incident, can't trust them when I want to take it up high for nice aerial vids.

Comment

Treve the problem with the DJI props is the same as what the Xaircraft did, the oval shape. It has week points. However having said that, I was flying with wire, last time in kallang and did a loop 30foot in the air and forgot to throttle back it hit the ground sideways. I broke an arm and plate but the props were intact. Still flying with that same prop trying to be as aggressive as I can on 330 frame so far so good.

Honestly, if you really want better props you might need to invest a bit, try graupner props but goodluck with the hunting. I tried rimming out other props but I think removing that much material is no different then flying with DJI props.

Comment

Hi Truck, thanks for the info. I have been successful with rimming out the 8" props from Sky Hobby for the F330, yes the hub gets a bit thin but seems ok so far. I will try the 10" on my next re-build.

From what I could see from the "crash site investigation", the blade broke from the hub, maybe thats a weak spot. it was the prop on the lower contra-rotating motor on the front right-hand side. as you can see from the video, the front, right-hand side dips 1st as it heads into the ground.

Comment

So far this prop serve me well a lot harder than the normal color prop and well balance. My 8" need very little or nope of tape to balance but 10" almost perfect. So if you after sport flying this prop is the must. But bare in mind its only come in black tho.

Comment

Forgot the link lol. You can get it locally @ Multi RC Shop or Jet Hobby.

Comment

I got the green ones of that gemfan and funny that all 3 pairs of them have the clockwise blade have an off-center hole on the hub. The orange seems fine maybe a bit off-center but not as bad as the green ones.

Vuzix, yup its the hub I was talking about the oval hole.same with the design of the xaircraft.

Comment

Jeff, the one I've mentioned is "GEMFAN Carbon Nylon" only come with mat black, the green/orange and black is normal one.

Comment

or this

Comment

Thats true, yours is the carbon prop and the green and orange are the composite but I think they would be using same molds. If not using same molds I still wont recommend this prop. For a company to release such poor quality props off center hole on hub is a NO-NO company. Also with that price just a little close to APC then I'd rather use APC.

The 2nd link looks good might buy a couple to see how well made they are

Comment

I've build at least 8 quads purely using this gemfan prop epp/carbon filled never encounter a single off center hole. As you know I sport flying almost every day so the chances I have to change new prop is a lot higher than normal flyer so I guess is all about luck

Comment

one more possible cause is when you tighten too much the prop adapter and squeezing the center whole of the props.. I do sports flying too I only damage props when I crash hard lolz.

Comment

Working...
                              X