Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbelievable Mini Qaudcopter

Enjoy!

We don't know whether we should be terrified or overjoyed. We've just come across a video demo from the University of Pennsylvania's GRASP Lab that shows an autonomous quadrotor helicopter performing "precise aggressive maneuvers." And trust us when we say, nothing in the foregoing sentence is an overstatement -- the thing moves with the speed and grace of an angry bee, while accompanied by the perfectly menacing whine of its little engine. See this work of scientific art in motion after the break. [Thanks, William]

very impressive. I never knew quadcopter can be that agile, aggressive and accurate....

Comment

This Quadcopter only works in that special enviroment, cos they used special lightings and video progessing for the flight path too. It is a controlled enviroment project.

Anyway its a good clips to showcase multirotor's capabilities.

Comment

Yup, did find the bright light a bit suspicious. But nevertheless good clip.
        Originally posted by silver View Post
        This Quadcopter only works in that special enviroment, cos they used special lightings and video progessing for the flight path too. It is a controlled enviroment project.

Anyway its a good clips to showcase multirotor's capabilities.

Comment

I agree with that controlled environment!

I agreed with that, that it is flown under controlled environment. No flier could be that precise with speed or even FPV as to fly thru' any small window of that size unless it is machine or waypoint angle directed path planned. It could have been preprogrammed in the first place for special purposes & not to be on the shelves for retail to any consumers...
          1. Mikado Logo 800 XXtreme;Mikado Logo 600
          2. Align 700N DFC;600EFL;600Nx3;550E;700E,Flasher 600E
          3. Aeolus 50Nx2,Aeolus 50Ex2
          4. Thunder Tiger X50N;X50E
          5. Compass 6HV;Compass7HVx2;Atom 500Ex3;Compass 3DPlus N,WARP360
          6. Velocity 50N,Srimok 90N,Protos 500E,TZ90N
          7. Goblin 90E,GAUI X7,KDS700E;KDS550E,
          8. Mingda MD7/8,M3D600Ex2,Assault 700Ex2,RUSH750
          9. Agile 7.2x2, Agile 5.5,Curtis Rave Ballistic 90ENV
          10. KDS Chase 360,GAUI X3 x 2,Goblin 380
          & 500s,450s,250s in deep slumber

Comment

another one

I wonder what would be the RC technology 20 years from now for sure some of us still around and still flying lolz!

But as of the moment, this is how humans manipulate technology.

We are looking for ways to make interaction with our vehicles natural and intuitive. With this in mind we implemented a demo for fast, dynamic interaction wi...

Comment

When these thing start doing tic-toc, we can pack our bags and go back to our home liao..

Need to get my hands on one of these programmable Quadcopter.

Originally posted by daveth26 View Post
              I agreed with that, that it is flown under controlled environment. No flier could be that precise with speed or even FPV as to fly thru' any small window of that size unless it is machine or waypoint angle directed path planned. It could have been preprogrammed in the first place for special purposes & not to be on the shelves for retail to any consumers...

Comment

These drone don't really need a control environment to perform the task shown in the video, in fact there are many project that has sensors, and software that is already in the mature stage, and most effort are now focus on developing better sensors with more advance routine to push the development to the next level.

There are already those that can prowl and trigger actions.. Not that they can shoot laser and such, but these drone can trigger alarm on burglary attempt, send feedback to base when it sees something missing from a fix location etc, etc..

What actually most of these nerds wants to do is really to scale the model down to palm size or smaller drones, with each performing different task at random.. like 1 out while one is home to recharge.. with 20, to 30 of these drones flying around a premises performing their programed task, and this is not a fantasy.. It's already out there..

Comment

I believe u on the sensors.

Good post!

I foresee when there're lots of sensors coming in the future, it would be quite redundant for us as any fliers but will end up being programmers. It will be time for us to retire & grow plants or even rear some goldeneye fishes...

PS: Technologies does reduce costs & increase the efficiency of our models but it makes human errors more vibrant..
                  1. Mikado Logo 800 XXtreme;Mikado Logo 600
                  2. Align 700N DFC;600EFL;600Nx3;550E;700E,Flasher 600E
                  3. Aeolus 50Nx2,Aeolus 50Ex2
                  4. Thunder Tiger X50N;X50E
                  5. Compass 6HV;Compass7HVx2;Atom 500Ex3;Compass 3DPlus N,WARP360
                  6. Velocity 50N,Srimok 90N,Protos 500E,TZ90N
                  7. Goblin 90E,GAUI X7,KDS700E;KDS550E,
                  8. Mingda MD7/8,M3D600Ex2,Assault 700Ex2,RUSH750
                  9. Agile 7.2x2, Agile 5.5,Curtis Rave Ballistic 90ENV
                  10. KDS Chase 360,GAUI X3 x 2,Goblin 380
                  & 500s,450s,250s in deep slumber

Comment

You're right about Efficiency and the risk of errors through technology.. Fortunately, a lot of these things usually evolve back to where it begins.. Talking about "HOBBY" here..

When everything is push button and programming, then technology for that is already in the full mature stage, and how is it fun to do piro flip through programming? and that's where people like us "Hobbyist" will evolve back to the good old stuff..

But for real.. people complaining about FT?? Look at the possibility here.. http://spectrum.ieee.org/robotics/ro...-one-warehouse

With the quadcopter.. Cisco officer may one day curse .. F**king droid!!!

Comment

Need to get my hands on one of these programmable Quadcopter.

Visit Skyhobbies, derrick should have some low costs starter kit for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X