Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quad heli

Folks,

Just wondering if a quad heli isit really easy to fly for a starter?

My friend actually advice me to get a quad heli rather than a norm heli.

I have tried on the sim n seems like is really easier to fly than a norm heli.

I find that is much more stable the only prob is the orientation on where is yr head that's all.

Can pros out there advice if is advisable to jump to a quad or I shld not?

I have tried a 3ch coaxial heli n wondering if I shld go straight to a 4ch coaxial heli or a 4ch norm heli.

Sorry as I'm a newbie that's why use the word norm.

Appreciate your advice.

Thks

quadcopter is easy to fly if you get a good one that stabilises itself. It can be difficult for new flyers if the onboard controller have drift or error after certain amount of input.

sigpic

Comment

Eeeerrr meaning you won't recommend for newbie or is ok to jump to quAd heli?

Comment

I think you can skip the 4-channel coaxial and go straight to a Fixed Pitch helicopter. Once you're comfortable you can move on to a Collective Pitch helicopter.

A good low-maintenance low-cost 4-channel would be the blade Msr. There are a few going on sale in the marketplace. There are other brands too but basically a small heli, plastic, less likely to break.

After that you can go for a CP. If you're confident you can go to a big CP after the FP, but let's just start with a small FP first - to keep costs down, train you in the twitch skills needed, and to see if you're still interested before plonking down hundreds of $$$ in expensive CP helis.

But IMO definitely NOT a quad-copter, if your intention is to get good at flying. Cause a quad-copter is too stable, expensive to set up with the electronics, more complicated.

If you just want a simple quad flyer with FPV for the sake of buzzing around, just get an A R Parrot drone. If you really want to *FLY*, go the FP-CP route.

Comment

Quad these days are too stable, it almost fly by itself, and its not expensive at all, a good control board with self stabilising with a mini frame costs only slightly above $300, and you get lots of fun flying in door, in rooms or halls.

Its also cheaper and easier to repair after a crash, no tail boom, mast, main rotor, feathering shalf to replace at all, you don't even need to recalibrate those pitch angle of the main rotor too.

Flight controller price range from $35 to $1600, depending what you need.

You can also diy it for around $160 for a pretty good one.

Time have change since...

Comment

its all depend on what you wanna?
            fly a heli or quad? they are different thing..

if you wanna start heli, get a decent 6 ch 450 or 500 or even 600
            find a FF group near you and learn.
            I love PAP

Comment

Working...
            X