Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photography of Local Flying Sites

I was thinking of making a compilation of flying sites in Singapore, focusing on the attributes of each of them. Of course i'll visit them in person to get the media that's necessary. What do you think?

To what end?

Comment

I support the idea.
      Everyone has to start this hobby as newbie.

Comment

No offense, but I also think: What for? ... It'd be a waste of your effort for little gain.

There is no need to highlight every little thing on the internet actually, though this seems to be the trend nowadays.

You may also have known through reading previous threads, that some "flying sites" are not really approved, so it's not a good idea to openly publicize them online with photos, attributes listing, etc. It's like an "invitation" or "challenge" for some authority to take action, where previously they may have practised some tolerance or give-and-take.

Info about many flying sites can already be searched out in this topic, and also by being observant when travelling around, where are the big open spaces, etc.
        ------------------------------
        Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
        NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Good to start with Youth Flying Club....

Comment

I have called the Youth Flying Club.

They only accept students from Secondary school for their CCA.

Not for adult who want to learn RC Heli or Plane

Comment

personally, i just feel that we could create a nice list of areas which we could fly.

like how some planes need runways, while others just need a nice big space. where to fly scale or 3D, or even heli. While i agree that this might bring to light some special locations that are not too legal to fly in, we're also responsible fliers, not wanting to injure anyone or cause unnecessary damage. so knowing more about what to look out for and where might be actually useful in helping us fly better.

things like how smooth the runway is, or if theres a runway. how thick is the grass, how bumpy the ground, what kind of winds to expect, what hazards and no fly zones. if i can compile all these over a period of time, why not?

im not looking for gains, just to help fliers better understand the singapore sites. we have a lack of space already, and flying sites are becoming rather scarce. besides it'll just be a little project of my own. if there are violent objections though then i won't start it.

Comment

Don't let certain people discourage you. What you plan to do is good for the RC community. There is nothing wrong to take some pictures and describe the features of the fields, and post them on the forum.
                Everyone has to start this hobby as newbie.

Comment

Agreed!(:.Anyway in Singapore Youth Flying Club, we do indoor rc flying only.(:
                  Hangar
                  -Extreme Flight 88" Edge 540T
                  -Extreme Flight 88" Extra 300
                  -Extreme Flight 78" Extra 300 exp
                  -3D Hobby Shop Extra 72" Extra 330SC
                  -Extreme Flight 64" MXS exp
                  -Extreme Flight 60" Extra 300 exp
                  -Extreme Flight 48" MXS exp
                  -Extreme Flight 48" Extra 300 exp

Comment

haha, because it's not my field or your field, so everyone's opinions should matter. well i'll try it out a little and we'll see how it's received.

Comment

Originally posted by valkaria View Post
                      personally, i just feel that we could create a nice list of areas which we could fly.

like how some planes need runways, while others just need a nice big space. where to fly scale or 3D, or even heli. While i agree that this might bring to light some special locations that are not too legal to fly in, we're also responsible fliers, not wanting to injure anyone or cause unnecessary damage. so knowing more about what to look out for and where might be actually useful in helping us fly better.

things like how smooth the runway is, or if theres a runway. how thick is the grass, how bumpy the ground, what kind of winds to expect, what hazards and no fly zones. if i can compile all these over a period of time, why not?

im not looking for gains, just to help fliers better understand the singapore sites. we have a lack of space already, and flying sites are becoming rather scarce. besides it'll just be a little project of my own. if there are violent objections though then i won't start it.
                      Such a list would be very useful... to everybody. Including our dear authorities. Unless you have permission from the director of the CAAS, everywhere is not legal to fly in. Not that the authorities currently actively or consistently enforce these rules, but there are plenty of metal trees that say "NO AEROMODELLING OR KITE FLYING ACTIVITIES ALLOWED - MINDEF", and plenty of people flying perfectly responsibly have been chased away from fields by police.

If not for that, I think that this is a fantastic idea!

Comment

hi valkaria, i think it's a v good idea. thanks in advance for the efforts. Maybe i just start off with tampines cd field. there is no good or bad flying sight cos gt variables such weather, timing & number of flyers. I have personally witnessed a mid-air collision of two gliders during a crowded session on a sunday afternoon. after which I packed my heli and went home. dun wanna risk my precious to foam.
                        Heli-ADDICTION:
                        Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
                        JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Originally posted by rayonnair View Post
                          Such a list would be very useful... to everybody. Including our dear authorities. Unless you have permission from the director of the CAAS, everywhere is not legal to fly in. Not that the authorities currently actively or consistently enforce these rules, but there are plenty of metal trees that say "NO AEROMODELLING OR KITE FLYING ACTIVITIES ALLOWED - MINDEF", and plenty of people flying perfectly responsibly have been chased away from fields by police.

If not for that, I think that this is a fantastic idea!
                          +1. Well-said.
                          Heli-ADDICTION:
                          Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
                          JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Originally posted by rayonnair View Post
                            Unless you have permission from the director of the CAAS, everywhere is not legal to fly in.
                            This is actually incomplete information.

Under Model Airplanes law of CAAS:

Under the Singapore Air Navigation Order, unless a permit has been obtained from CAAS, a model aircraft may not be flown within 5 kilometres of an aerodrome.

Otherwise:

A model aircraft may be flown up to 200 feet above mean sea level only if the activity is conducted outside 5 kilometres of an aerodrome.

For the safety of air navigation and others around you, you are advised to take all necessary measures to ensure that the flight of the model aircraft is conducted safely and will not pose a hazard to any person, aircraft or property.

Thats all that is to it. So, one of the possible attributes would be to create a map of all places within 5km of aerodromes. However, this only applies for the area under Model Aircraft.

If it's an unmanned airship, however:

Under the Singapore Air Navigation Order, unless a permit has been obtained from CAAS, an unmanned airship may not be flown within 5 kilometres of an aerodrome.

An unmanned airship may be flown up to 200 feet above mean sea level provided the activity is conducted outside 5 kilometres of an aerodrome and CAAS has been notified.

Which brings us to define: what defines an unmanned airship?

Comment

Also:

“model aircraft” means any aircraft that weighs not more than 7 kilogrammes without its fuel and that is capable of being flown without a pilot;

Comment

Working...
                              X