Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Punggol, when and where to find heli fliers?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyway TS, the cd field at tampines is a good training area. However be forewarned that its very wet so if you do crash, good luck picking up remnants of the crash. That said, plenty of space but do look out for planes, gliders and all that jazz. Tampines ave 5 (siltronic factory) also v good place with plenty of nitro heli lovers esp on sun pm. Be careful of "poisoning".
    Heli-ADDICTION:
    Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
    JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
      +1. My belt cp v2 almost destroyed my wife's vvv expensive crystal lightings when I accidentally flipped the IU switch. The heli shot rite up the ceiling missing the lights by mere cms!! If that had happened, I would prob NOT be in this hobby anymore. One valuable lesson I learnt in sim was to set the conditions to windy with a 450 heli. Only when you can hover comfortably in the sim then perhaps you might be ready for the real thing outdoors. Of course, it's much easier said than done. I never had the patience for sim and always thot it was a sheer waste of time & effort until recently. I forced myself to commit at least 30 mins to just pure hovering. Not much help cos i still suck at flying
      Problem with sims is that it depends on which heli you choose, but I've neer turned on wind before. I found Blade SR way too easy to handle. Then I tried Trex 450 controls were so sensitive, and difficult, but now I can more or less hover and land on a landing target (but I take quite long). Then I tried Protos, it was slightly easier to fly than Trex 450, I don't know why, maybe because it's bigger, but it sounds really good. So depending on the heli you choose, it's different. And somehow the sim doesn't give you a sense of real three dimensional space.

Comment

Originally posted by FyreSG View Post
        Proper throttle stick control (with sufficient negative pitch) should let you fly comfortably in windy conditions. So far I've flown my 450 at rather windy places, and I'm a beginner! I've seen pros do 3D with their 450s in windy places too.
        Haha if you're a beginner, then I'm like... dirt on the floor.

Originally posted by TWE75 View Post
        Agree , i usually practise my heli in the CC next to my house with a super low ceiling . Many times my 450 heli was blown higher til it nearly hit the ceiling once . You need at least -2 pitch to bring down the heli in windy conditions .
        Right, I think I should practice flying with wind and negative pitch in the simulators first.

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
          +1. My belt cp v2 almost destroyed my wife's vvv expensive crystal lightings when I accidentally flipped the IU switch. The heli shot rite up the ceiling missing the lights by mere cms!! If that had happened, I would prob NOT be in this hobby anymore. One valuable lesson I learnt in sim was to set the conditions to windy with a 450 heli. Only when you can hover comfortably in the sim then perhaps you might be ready for the real thing outdoors. Of course, it's much easier said than done. I never had the patience for sim and always thot it was a sheer waste of time & effort until recently. I forced myself to commit at least 30 mins to just pure hovering. Not much help cos i still suck at flying
          Hmmm something must be not in place if the heli shoots upwards upon activation of IU....
          Hanger
          Hirobo XRB SR Lama
          Hirobo Quark SRB
          Hirobo Quark SRB SG
          Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
          Blade450 3D
          MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
          COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
          Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
          FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
          Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
          HK FLYJET EDF
          Artech Skyfun
          Dynam P51D Mustang
          Parkzone P51

Tx:
          Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
          Spektrum DX6i
          DX8
          Futaba 9CAP

Comment

Originally posted by elmosan View Post
            Hmmm something must be not in place if the heli shoots upwards upon activation of IU....
            therein lies the reliability of esky stuff...
            Heli-ADDICTION:
            Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
            JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Working...
            X