Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flying at field near bukit batok flying club

is it okay for people to fly their planes at the field near bukt batok flying club? (beside shell)

Heard got pple fly there occasionally . Me too also think of flying there before .

Comment

don't la..
      too close to the road and the petrol station..

why not join BBFC since you can fly nearby..

Comment

i student only :/ no money. my dad dont even know im hiding a plane at home.

Comment

Xiiaoda , you not the only one , my friend also when he buy his first plane , he also dam scare his mum will know . As for me , i hiong hiong buy a big 2m phoenix 2k , never even bother to hide from my mum . I was ready for her scolding or nagging whatever it may come . Cos after that , i know i can put it on my table to slowly touch and tweak it .

As for petrol station ... well can always stay clear of that thing you know . Unless lost control but the area of the field also very big lor . Worst at the worst , can still crash somewhere else .

Comment

Originally posted by TWE75 View Post
            Heard got pple fly there occasionally . Me too also think of flying there before .
            I don't think so, never seen before. So far only seen people occasionally flying kite or FWs playing cricket on the field. But nowadays less and less often - possibly there is some enforcement as the field has owner (?)

Advise is not to fly there because it is next to the road and petrol station. I think the legit club members will also be concerned enough to report any 'renegade' flyer and tell him off. Reason is, any mishap happen... finger will be pointed at the nearby club, while the 'renegade' flyer runs off.

I don't think the membership fee is an enormous amount even for student - better than spending this money on going out, arcades, fancy clothes, gadgets, etc. If I'm not mistaken, you get insurance cover for the damage caused by your model. And also benefit from guidance and knowledge of other members... Plus, no need to look over your shoulder when flying... worried about cops come and chase you away, or stray passers-by, etc.
            ------------------------------
            Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
            NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

By the way, if you notice, opposite the petrol station there is also another big, inviting field... but no one uses it. There's possibly a very good reason!
              Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.

Comment

Originally posted by foxkilo View Post
                If I'm not mistaken, you get insurance cover for the damage caused by your model. And also benefit from guidance and knowledge of other members... Plus, no need to look over your shoulder when flying... worried about cops come and chase you away, or stray passers-by, etc.
                May I know how the insurance works???

Say I fly a plane n it crashed onto a parked car causing the roof+windscreen+"A" pillar to be damaged. Could I just leave my details and insurance picks up the bill like a 3rd party car insurance???

Then on renewal, the premium shoots up, I dont fly anymore.

Comment

Good question... I've not tried, and don't wish to try!

But my thinking is that if you bang your model into vehicle owned by another person (likely another member, since it's there)... easiest is just settle with the person directly lah. Singapore is so small cannot run away for long!

Comment

Originally posted by foxkilo View Post
                    Good question... I've not tried, and don't wish to try!

But my thinking is that if you bang your model into vehicle owned by another person (likely another member, since it's there)... easiest is just settle with the person directly lah. Singapore is so small cannot run away for long!
                    No money how to pay for the damaged car???

I tot the insurance should cover the cost of the damaged car??? If not pay premium for what??? Like buying medical insurance but when sick have to ownself pay cash to see doctor.

Insurance is a form of risk management primarily used to hedge against the risk of a contingent, uncertain loss. Insurance is defined as the equitable transfer of the risk of a loss, from one entity to another, in exchange for payment. An insurer is a company selling the insurance; the insured, or policyholder, is the person or entity buying the insurance policy. The amount to be charged for a certain amount of insurance coverage is called the premium. Risk management, the practice of appraising and controlling risk, has evolved as a discrete field of study and practice.

The transaction involves the insured assuming a guaranteed and known relatively small loss in the form of payment to the insurer in exchange for the insurer's promise to compensate (indemnify) the insured in the case of a financial (personal) loss. The insured receives a contract, called the insurance policy, which details the conditions and circumstances under which the insured will be financially compensated.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
                      No money how to pay for the damaged car???
                      Hmmm... sure, that's how insurance works. I guess the procedures would be like a 3rd party claim - though I have no wish to find out myself!

Your speculation that the premium goes up for the group, and the member concerned then refuses to fly anymore seems possible! But then, in theory, he loses use of the field, so...

Comment

Not sure still have insurance or not, but last time I saw the insurance papers on the notice board. Think premium is club issue, coz don't seem to have NCD for member wor.

Anyway, the field beside shell is quite near a busy road. Flew there a couple of times. Can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baby_zyklon View Post
                          ... Think premium is club issue, coz don't seem to have NCD for member wor.
                          Have NCD will be good... fees should get cheaper without claims!

Comment

The annual membership is $84. This amounts to $7 a month. I believe now costs more than $7 to watch a movie.

Once you are into this hobby, most will spend a lot more. It's definitely not a cheap hobby in the first place. For me, it's a money pit

I started learning to hoover a 450 heli there to now just started flying a 700.

There are really a lot to learn from building, to setting up, to flying.

Having some experienced people you can ask really help.

Comment

I have been an adhoc flyer since starting the hobby abt 10years ago. That means I have saved S$840 in the potential membership fees and contributed it to my hobby instead!!! What a good feeling!!!

Go where the wind blows, meeting other flyers at other sites. No need to stick to one site. I just met another group of flyers last Saturday in fact.

I dont think such insurance got NCD lah. Its not motor insurance, more like general insurance. Like J.Lo who insured her backside once upon a time for one million dollars. Nothing happen, insurance keep the premium. Something happen, insurance pay for the financial loss. Thatz my understanding of insurance.

Too bad not a single insurance company dare to insure me.

Comment

Working...
                              X