Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those talk and talk and give comment cannot can meh..on this thread

Read this thread... this area is not near to CHANGI AIRPORT, not near TO SELETAR AIRBASE, not near to HDB Building?

Why they can har ? ... why must form community flying club har?... why har is your doubt... so keep it to yourself. Minister shake hands and is ok to let them fly. Why they can tell me... please comment lei negative ppl

Comment

Originally posted by zennith View Post
      For those talk and talk and give comment cannot can meh..on this thread

Read this thread... this area is not near to CHANGI AIRPORT, not near TO SELETAR AIRBASE, not near to HDB Building?

Why they can har ? ... why must form community flying club har?... why har is your doubt... so keep it to yourself. Minister shake hands and is ok to let them fly. Why they can tell me... please comment lei negative ppl
      Minister mah !!! Jurong side no have mah !!!

Comment

Chill...

Going forward, it is clear that some kind of link with the local RC (residents' committee) is needed, for the RC (radio control) activity to feature in some community event and gain exposure and acceptance.

IMHO the person to lead the club should not just be 'volunteered' or pushed forward by the group, but should ideally be someone who (1) is a regular, active flyer at the field concerned (otherwise how can he monitor the activities?), (2) is a competent, skilled, 'old-bird' flyer (otherwise how can he enforce safety rules, give recommendations, etc.?), and (3) has links with the community groups, e.g. local RC, in order to be heard at the higher level.
        ------------------------------
        Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
        NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Originally posted by foxkilo View Post
          Most of the empty lands and fields in singapore are in the flight path approaching some runway..... first of all, because our island is so small, and next, that is the good reason why the land or field is kept empty in the first place!

If some empty field is not in a flight path... I think a condo or HDB will spring up there very fast
          Sounds like you are already giving up this hobby.

Folks at various flying sites are already organising and forming up, mainly because AFS has already given us the support. It is now up to us to spearhead individual organisation to get things moving. If you had attended the meeting with the AFS, you'll know where we stand and how much leverage we have for the prposed site. Philips has already initiated the organisation, and we should give him all the support.

Also, the organisation should be manily based on the people, not just the site itself. Once the people are organised, AFS can even faciliate to relocate the club field, in event of site closure, just like RMS. If we don't even organise ourselves, we will not get any further.

Comment

Foxkilo gd to hear you again. You still flying at the field next to St 73? or have you change location ?
            Yesterday went down to JW St 22 (abt 5.00pm) to recce, saw about half a dozen people there, mostly flying planes and rc kites. Surprise that they are quite a no. of big open fields there. Sort of a good place to fly. I have now switch to rc para, just build my first paraglider (see thread) Unfortunately a bit inconvienent for me, no transport...

Comment

Originally posted by leonmike View Post
              Minister mah !!! Jurong side no have mah !!!
              Bro, I attached a district map for your reference.

But that is not what matters. PFW did not start overnight with meeting the ministers. PFW works because its people care and wanted it to. When John first had that vision, I can tell you honestly that he was pretty lonely at first in pursuing that direction. He had to convince us, do the "PR" and co-ordinating work himself mostly at the beginning. If we had being to negative and adopt a wait and see approach, we may have jolly well killed the belief and never arrive at today's progress.

We did the obvious things first, do what you can, the rest will come in naturally later. Even clean the field sessions works in pictures with the GRC for example. When you show you are viable group that promotes cohesive harmony living, you have something good going already.

Just try to keep in mind that there was once a field that was lively with flyers. When that field got banned from flying with a no flying sign, the group there did not give up, they did the "right" thing of banding together to talk, talk some more and talk even more to get it back. We may be the only field to have the sign removed and resume flying but that doesn't have to be the case. It depends on whether you decide you want to work at it or let yourself be defeated by your ownself.

Not kidding you. Even Bedok reservoir sloping did not come without effort. Some of you who sloped most recently there must understand you are enjoying a privilege that did not come falling from the sky. It came from organised efforts (Joe Yap). The best way to show gratitude is perhaps to learn from it?

Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

IMO. There are things that cannot be push too hard, but given time and over time with success stories popping up. Things will surely turn for the better.

In some situation. It's sometime better to not do anything, but rather for other club to foster links with the hobbyist with the hope that they will fly at clubs as much as possible. Anyway, JW is really not far from Tuas..

While in the worse case if no one take the initiative to support the effort. Then the group or person should be prepare to answer to the authority when they come knocking.

Comment

hmmm

bro i'm really excited by this club. passing my time thinking bout our future club. some ideas hehehe take it as a pince of salt

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
                  sigpic

Comment

I hope this work for all of us using that flying site, it's a nice place to fly you'll have my support guys

Jameswilliam

Comment

hmmm

well, its been an honour meeting up with PFW guys. lots of info and valuable input received. hopefully it can benefits us which in turn will benefits the hobbyist and society as well. lets hope we can keep close ties not only between us, but the whole rc community in singapore. and mostly thanx to daddyhobby as well for providing the platform to make all this possible...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by romihensem View Post
                        well, its been an honour meeting up with PFW guys. lots of info and valuable input received. hopefully it can benefits us which in turn will benefits the hobbyist and society as well. lets hope we can keep close ties not only between us, but the whole rc community in singapore. and mostly thanx to daddyhobby as well for providing the platform to make all this possible...
                        Bro, we share the exact same sentiments !

...Philip, yourself and a few other seems to be pushing hard for it ! ....however I wish those fence-sitters would keep their comments to themselves since they have nothing positive to contribute !
                        Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

hmmm

thanx bro. hopefully we r going in the right direction. i mean, a little bit of something is better than totally nothing... and we r doing this not for ourselves, but for the whole flyers servicing the field there as well. hopefully the rc population will grow... hehehe

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X