Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to get my plane flying....

Hi guys, i m a complete noob who is bought my 1st plane today its a multiplex easystar and i have problem getting the power for my battery charger cos its uses to clips to connect to a 11 - 15 V power source. Not quite anything i know i can find in my house. Can anyone pls provide me with some advice. Thnak you.

Hi.. Clip them to a Car battery..

Comment

Erm

Is there any other options ? And if i dun hav a car battery wat can i do?

Comment

Hi RTG

Basically what you need is a regulated DC power source. Some of us are using modded PC Power Suply Units (PSU)(See first link below).

Personally I'm using a store bought PSU from Sim Lim, all I needed to do was plug in the crocodile clips. Alternatively there is the kind that looks like the power supply for the laptop.

Usually charger would need a regulated power supply of 12V at minimum 2-3 amps under load (ie when the battery is charging). The two examples abovementioned should give you that without a problem

Here's some links to get you going:

Cheers
        Adnan
        Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
        ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
        Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

If u are those ppl who assemble your own computer, I would recommend u to buy new Computer Power Supply and replace your existing computer power supply. Then use that existing power supply for your charger instead.

In this way, u gain 2 things (1 stone hit 2 birds) whereby your computer now has better power supply and your charger now has new 12V power supply.

SH

Comment

Not all PC PSU output +12V.. Some can fall below -12V.. Test the PSU with a multimeter before you mod that PSU..

Comment

A standard computer PSU should give u +12V. The voltage may varies from 11.5 to 13 volt but u still have 12V. If your PSU do not have 12V, your HDD/CDROM/DVDROM and your graphics card (that need external power) will not work.

SH

Comment

Working...
              X