X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ban on RC Flying: Reference to Air Navigation Act

Dear All;

Sometime back, I was writting in to various agencies (HDB, RSAF etc) re. ban on RC flying at Tampines.

I got an official reply from RSAF pertaining to the above, the dept drew ref to "Air Navigation Act, Chpt 6, Sect 3 - Air Navigation Order, Part IX Control of Air Traffic, para 64 Ballones, Kites & Airships (1990 Ed) which states that:

Within Singapore, an aircraft capable of being flown without a pilot shall not be flown:

1. More than 200 Ft above ground level
    2. Within 5 km of an aerodome, or
    3. Within the boundaries of any danger or of any restricted or prohibited area, without the permission in writing of the Minister, and in accordance with any conditions subject to which that permission may be granted.

Increasing I notice that more areas are erecting some sort of prohibition of RC flying type of sign boards, and now even in Punggol Field Walk.

No doubt, it is an indication that the hobby is gaining in populairty. Sadly, our country is too small and suitable site are limited and diminishing. As more and more people come into the hobby and lesser and lesser areas are available, it is interesting to see how things will evolve in the future

This is interesting. But I don't see any of this RC can violate the rules stated there. Can a RC flyer flies his plane above or beyond 5km(300m can't see already)?

Comment

Huh? Can't fly at PFW any more???

Comment

Pertaining to this issue about airspace. Aircraft/heli operating around the airfield will normally fly from minimum 300ft -3000ft around the circuit area which goes to a radius of at least 2-3km off from the centre of runway of which include 'deadside' of the airfield. Thus technically the 5km act as a safety buffer for aircraft safety.

Aircraft do not just operate TAKE OFF & LANDING around airfield by itself, there is always aircraft operating circuits for pilot training purposes.
        Do take consideration of jet aircraft during take off & landing phase especially around Tengah and Paya lebar whereby if there is any "foreign objects" got suck into the engine, it can cause castatrophic disaster to both pilot as well as the populance in our confined Singapore Island.

Trex600 Nitro
        OS50 Hyper
        B6T 2In1 Regulator
        Zimmerman
        Rev Max
        DX7-AR7000
        GY401+9254
        S9351

Comment

Originally posted by wilson76
          Pertaining to this issue about airspace. Aircraft/heli operating around the airfield will normally fly from minimum 300ft -3000ft around the circuit area which goes to a radius of at least 2-3km off from the centre of runway of which include 'deadside' of the airfield. Thus technically the 5km act as a safety buffer for aircraft safety.

Aircraft do not just operate TAKE OFF & LANDING around airfield by itself, there is always aircraft operating circuits for pilot training purposes.
          Do take consideration of jet aircraft during take off & landing phase especially around Tengah and Paya lebar whereby if there is any "foreign objects" got suck into the engine, it can cause castatrophic disaster to both pilot as well as the populance in our confined Singapore Island.

doing an FOD walk (free of debree) before flight
          save the animals!:

Comment

Ehh... I think "FOD" walk is "Foreign Object Debri" Walk

Commonly used in NAVY Carrier.

Comment

FOD means Foreign Object Damage.....

Flying Without Wings

Comment

Originally posted by durex
                FOD means Foreign Object Damage.....
                Yup is Foreign Object Damage.
                Align TREX 600 N Pro With Skookum 720
                Align TREX 500 With TT GT5 FB
                HK 600 GT With EC 145 Fuselage Flying On Turnigy VBar 600
                sigpic

Comment

Any damages on airframe and engines are referred as Foreign Object Damage. Any item which causes it or capable of causing it is referred as Foreign Object Debris. These terms are at least what Boeing guys use.

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
                    Ehh... I think "FOD" walk is "Foreign Object Debri" Walk

Commonly used in NAVY Carrier.
                    its used in RSAF as well... but i'm not sure about civillian flights

Comment

Thus this "FOD" need not be debris from the runway. IT can be our RC plane or heli on their flight path at low level..ex take off /landing phase. All this can result in sucking into engine / blade causing flameout or control damage to the aircraft resulting in crashes.
                      Do understand the RSAF/HDB ban on RC flying within the vicinity of airfield.
                      Trex600 Nitro
                      OS50 Hyper
                      B6T 2In1 Regulator
                      Zimmerman
                      Rev Max
                      DX7-AR7000
                      GY401+9254
                      S9351

Comment

anyway dude..think you guys all know wat i meant....oh dear....hope this sport wont come to end in singapore because of our small land space....actually....do you uys think we can discuss with sports councill to allow us to use stadium instead???like bedok stadium,tampines stadium.....just asking...
                        save the animals!:

Comment

Yes please do be considerate to our nation's defenders. 200ft is merely 60m above ground. Most RC planes can easily exceed that altitude.

Comment

Originally posted by justfly
                            Yes please do be considerate to our nation's defenders. 200ft is merely 60m above ground. Most RC planes can easily exceed that altitude.
                            Yes, defending our nation is upmost.
                            What I am not clear is whether those banned RC flying sites such as PFW fell in the RSAF airspace rules or others that have mentioned. If it does, I comply.

Comment

Originally posted by renold
                              Yes, defending our nation is upmost.
                              What I am not clear is whether those banned RC flying sites such as PFW fell in the RSAF airspace rules or others that have mentioned. If it does, I comply.

Bros..the no RC Flying on PFW is not because of airspace or somewhat....otherwise we wouldn't have participated in the SengKang_Punggol Bridge Opening event liao...

we are even on News paper Berita mentioning us...

Punggol GRC is very supportive of our participation and we are working closely to promote the hobby.

Actual reason for putting up this sign board, I shall not discuss here and complicate the matter, also to help "safe face" for the authority that put of this sign board.

On the other hand, it is also good and healthy to discuss and share knowledge of RC flying / safety /Acts / guidelines that we need to follow, can be helpful to newbies, as well as some of us who are not aware.

Thanks bros for your contribution!

Lets us bring Aeromodelling to new height ! Within controllable range of cause! keke...

Rdgs
                              John

Last edited by P4cm4n2000; 13-07-2007, 12:50 PM.
                              Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

Working...
                              X