Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ban Flying at Tampines Ind Ave 2 (b/s SCDF 2nd Div HQ)

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ban Flying at Tampines Ind Ave 2 (b/s SCDF 2nd Div HQ)

Been flying there a couple of times during weekdays, also saw a regular group of flyers pitch tent at the above location mostly sundays.

Was very shock and sad to discover only just now that the area had erected 2 notice boards to ban flying at state land by order HDB. Was only there on Mon to fly....

Singapore is already very small and limited land to fly, and one by one sign boards get erected....

Originally posted by Dragon Slayer
    Been flying there a couple of times during weekdays, also saw a regular group of flyers pitch tent at the above location mostly sundays.

Was very shock and sad to discover only just now that the area had erected 2 notice boards to ban flying at state land by order HDB. Was only there on Mon to fly....

Singapore is already very small and limited land to fly, and one by one sign boards get erected....

Yaya me tooo 2 sad 2 c the 2 big sign this morning when i reach there to fly say state land no rc plane flying. WHY MA ONLY FLYING NEVER DIGGING THE LAND now the only place can go is the bicycle park which is the nearest where i stay but then need to be very careful as there's alot of catching plane trees

Comment

maybe contributed by irresponsible pilot?
      was that place littered with RC stuff? was at another nearby field (ave5) and found lots of RC 'dump' .. think sometimes we cant blame the authority but ourselve..
      Heli:
      . Quick Japan EP8 EX (A30-8XL+CC60+Gy401)
      . Raptor 50 Titan (OS50+522+CarbSmart+Gy611)
      . Trex 600 EP (1512/3D+CC110HV+DS760 w/8900)
      . Trex 600 N (RL53+523+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900)
      . B/W Stratus (OS91 SZ+MP5+ATG+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900+8717)

Plane:
      . Ok Model Medallion
      . E*Star Storch
      . ElectriFly S.E.5a
      . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Tx: JR 9XII

Photo toy
      . Canon 7D & 500D
      . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
      . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
      . Canon 85mm f1.8
      . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide

Comment

Is it possible to reflect this to the HDB regarding the restriction sign? Unless they are planning for construction site then i got nothing to say...

Airplane:
        GWS Zero Fighter (retired)
        Phoenix .40 Classic Trainer (crashed)
        Phoenix .40 Laser (retired)
        GWS Estarter (building)

Helicopter:
        Hirobo Sceadu Evo 50 w/ .30 engine (retired)
        Trex 450XL CDE (retired)

Its not the takeoff and flying, its the landing and repairing, so that you can takeoff and fly again...

Comment

Appeal to HDB

Originally posted by BlackHawk
          Is it possible to reflect this to the HDB regarding the restriction sign? Unless they are planning for construction site then i got nothing to say...
          I have done it and I have also emailed to REACH to voice concern. Dun know whether effective or not. Keep fingers cross

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHawk
            I'm not sure about this place but the one at ind ave 5.. yes they are going to build some factory or something..

2 weeks ago.. some worker were measuring the field and told me they going to do construction on about half the field..
            Life is not the amount of breath you take, it's the moment that take your breath away
            Avant Aurora (E1)
            Avant Aurora (E2)
            Mcp X
            GAUI X5

LOGO 550SX

WTS
            JR RS77s 72MHz synthesizer $100
            will give the buyer 2 unit of electron 6 with 72.810 pin free

Comment

Originally posted by remotemadness
              I'm not sure about this place but the one at ind ave 5.. yes they are going to build some factory or something..

2 weeks ago.. some worker were measuring the field and told me they going to do construction on about half the field..
              Drats ! ......there goes Tampines Ind Ave 5 !
              Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
                Drats ! ......there goes Tampines Ind Ave 5 !

if it true that all area ban at tampines can someone know how to or able to find,reach someone to help fix up that bicycle park as too many tall tree around it very danger to fly there also hard for beginner to learn flying there la.

Comment

Appeal to HDB on ban

I have done it and I have also emailed to REACH to voice concern. Dun know whether effective or not. Keep fingers cross
                  Dear Fellow Flyers;

I attach the reply to my appeal, and my subsequent email to them to contest the reasons given:

This is the reply fr. HDB re the ban:
                  ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear Mr Don Wong,

APPEAL AGAINST BAN ON RC AIRPLANE FLYING AT TAMPINES IND AVE 2 (B/S SCDF 2ND DIV HQ)

Please refer to your email dated 8 Jun 2007 concerning the above matter.

2 The above vacant land at Tampines Industrial Ave 2 is managed by HDB as agent for Singapore Land Authority (SLA). On 18 May 2007, Land Transport Authority (LTA) has referred a feedback from Maj Gan Chee Hian of Paya Lebar AirBase requesting HDB to put up signboards and fence up the land at Tampines Industrial Ave 2 as the radio-controlled planes and kite flying activities at this vacant land are affecting the flying operation in the Paya Lebar AirBase. For safety reason, we have erected 3 signboards "No Kite Flying/No Radio Controlled Planes Activities" on the vacant land to advise the public not to do such activities around this area.

3 Public who wish to fly remote control airplane are advised to seek clearance from the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS). You may contact Mr Mohamed Fadzil Bin Zakaria, Air Navigation Service Officer at Tel No. 6541-2419 or email him at mohamed_fadzil@caas.gov.sg for clarifications. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

(Signed in Lotus Notes)
                  ANG CHEE PHONG
                  SENIOR EXECUTIVE LAND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
                  PROPERTIES & LAND DEPARTMENT

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And this is my contest:

Hi;

Thank you for your reply. This seems to be a case where one service (MINDEF) refers the matter to another service (HDB) to take a certain action. Pls. allow me to question the reasoning behind the ban, which was stated as "are affecting the flying operation in the Paya Lebar AirBase."

1. Paya Lebar Airbase is HUGE. The nearest runway is at least 2 to 2.5 KM away from the above location.
                  2. Our RC planes are relatively low powered models operating on short range and is restricted by line of sight. It doesn't fly beyond 250M in range and goes up to at most 10 storey high.
                  3. Our planes also fly within the confines of the above field and can never fly anywhere near to PLAB to disrupt any combat plane operations there.
                  4. In PLAB planes take off from the runway towards the NW direction and land towards the SE direction. From the area map, this is well away from the reach of the above location, meaning pilots that fly their combat planes can never cross path with us RC pilots flying there.

Given all the above factors, the chances of our RC planes flying "affecting the flying operations in PLAB" is remote if not impossible. I hope that HDB can see the light of the picture and consider my appeal and revisit the issue.

Regds;

Don

Comment

Some Food for Thought

And this is my contest:

Hi;

Thank you for your reply. This seems to be a case where one service (MINDEF) refers the matter to another service (HDB) to take a certain action. Pls. allow me to question the reasoning behind the ban, which was stated as "are affecting the flying operation in the Paya Lebar AirBase."

1. Paya Lebar Airbase is HUGE. The nearest runway is at least 2 to 2.5 KM away from the above location.
                    2. Our RC planes are relatively low powered models operating on short range and is restricted by line of sight. It doesn't fly beyond 250M in range and goes up to at most 10 storey high.
                    3. Our planes also fly within the confines of the above field and can never fly anywhere near to PLAB to disrupt any combat plane operations there.
                    4. In PLAB planes take off from the runway towards the NW direction and land towards the SE direction. From the area map, this is well away from the reach of the above location, meaning pilots that fly their combat planes can never cross path with us RC pilots flying there.

Given all the above factors, the chances of our RC planes flying "affecting the flying operations in PLAB" is remote if not impossible. I hope that HDB can see the light of the picture and consider my appeal and revisit the issue.

Regds;

Don
                    Hi Don,

Just a few pointers for thought. I'm not trying to start a flame war but i think this should be looked at from both sides.

On question 1:
                    Did you know that legally there should be no unauthorised flying within 5km of any airbase. (perhaps a less direct approach is required lest all ILLEGAL flying sites are clamped down upon. that would be a sad day for ALL of us .) On the other note the treeline at the back of the field (western side) is the PLAB fenceline and it is less than 1000m from the road. do a google earth on it and see for yourself.

On question 2, 3 and 4:
                    Are you a PLAB base personnel or pilot/controller?? I ask because your statements seem certain that RC flying in that area will NOT affect operations of the base. If you dont have explicit information on the base mode of operations how are you to say that the aeromodelling will not affect the base? if i remember correctly a nitro powered heli crashed into the base not too long ago... which undoubtedly turned the spotlight in that area. Dont ask how it happened, i dont know .. but the fact of the matter is that it happened and it can happen again.

Fellow DH'ers,
                    im new to this forum and i like it. im also new to rc planes and i like it alot. however lets not get ahead of ourselves here. military operations within the country are designed to protect it. with the current spate of T3 (Transnational Terrorist Threats) the military bases in many countries have adopted a higher security posture to stop/prevent terrorists from exploiting any means necessary to decrease the combat effectiveness of the military. perhaps if we look at this from any military base perspective would any of you consider a remote flying vehicle with a camera within 2-3km of your base a security threat?? what about a bigger one with a bomb on board?? ... so perhaps things are being done because they have to be done to ensure that all of us are safe. do remember that our military is primarily a DETERENCE force. should the military fail in prevention of terrorist acts the deterrence aspect will definitely decrease and the credibility of our fighting force could come under question.

so taken from this perspective (and im not trying to impose my feelings on this on any of you guys/gals out there), perhaps we should cut them some slack and back down.

Don, i understand your sentiments to this situation but really have you thought it through before jumping the gun? your zest in this area to get us more flying room is admirable, but im sorry to say that its somewhat misplaced. I do hope you understand this.

i do hope that one day we get a proper flying area, maybe a few with paved runways and some of those jap racing queens parading around in their bikinis .... but .... well this tiny red dot is pretty tiny.

============================

Disclaimer:
                    1. its not my intent to personally attack anyone in any way with this post. if you felt targetted by this post i sincerely apologise. you can PM me with your gripes .. just dont start a flame war here
                    2. i am a BALSA addict and i like big areas to fly at
                    3. i am a BALSA addict and .......
                    4. do i have to say more??????
                    -------------------
                    Powder, Anyone????

Comment

Originally posted by talcum
                      Brutha ! .....i've got quite abit of raw 'SOLABO' balsa planks ! ....1978 vintage !
                      Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

i agree with talcum
                        we have to look at both side of the story..

i think singapore is kind of KIASU in many ways
                        but this KIASU is to provide us with protection of some forms.

Comment

Originally posted by talcum
                          Hi Don,

Just a few pointers for thought. I'm not trying to start a flame war but i think this should be looked at from both sides.

On question 1:
                          Did you know that legally there should be no unauthorised flying within 5km of any airbase. (perhaps a less direct approach is required lest all ILLEGAL flying sites are clamped down upon. that would be a sad day for ALL of us .) On the other note the treeline at the back of the field (western side) is the PLAB fenceline and it is less than 1000m from the road. do a google earth on it and see for yourself.

On question 2, 3 and 4:
                          Are you a PLAB base personnel or pilot/controller?? I ask because your statements seem certain that RC flying in that area will NOT affect operations of the base. If you dont have explicit information on the base mode of operations how are you to say that the aeromodelling will not affect the base? if i remember correctly a nitro powered heli crashed into the base not too long ago... which undoubtedly turned the spotlight in that area. Dont ask how it happened, i dont know .. but the fact of the matter is that it happened and it can happen again.

Fellow DH'ers,
                          im new to this forum and i like it. im also new to rc planes and i like it alot. however lets not get ahead of ourselves here. military operations within the country are designed to protect it. with the current spate of T3 (Transnational Terrorist Threats) the military bases in many countries have adopted a higher security posture to stop/prevent terrorists from exploiting any means necessary to decrease the combat effectiveness of the military. perhaps if we look at this from any military base perspective would any of you consider a remote flying vehicle with a camera within 2-3km of your base a security threat?? what about a bigger one with a bomb on board?? ... so perhaps things are being done because they have to be done to ensure that all of us are safe. do remember that our military is primarily a DETERENCE force. should the military fail in prevention of terrorist acts the deterrence aspect will definitely decrease and the credibility of our fighting force could come under question.

so taken from this perspective (and im not trying to impose my feelings on this on any of you guys/gals out there), perhaps we should cut them some slack and back down.

Don, i understand your sentiments to this situation but really have you thought it through before jumping the gun? your zest in this area to get us more flying room is admirable, but im sorry to say that its somewhat misplaced. I do hope you understand this.

i do hope that one day we get a proper flying area, maybe a few with paved runways and some of those jap racing queens parading around in their bikinis .... but .... well this tiny red dot is pretty tiny.

============================

Disclaimer:
                          1. its not my intent to personally attack anyone in any way with this post. if you felt targetted by this post i sincerely apologise. you can PM me with your gripes .. just dont start a flame war here
                          2. i am a BALSA addict and i like big areas to fly at
                          No problem at all....there is always 2 sides to an issue. I have worked inside PLAB for 2 yrs in early 90s and I miss those good old days. The main runway never change in direction and it is quite far from the above location and that's why I wrote in. Nevertheless in the name of security..terrorist attacks... and with advance technology, long range RC flying is possible, and Singapore is too small so if the terrorist scene dun become better, we'll all be grounded 1 day....sigh....

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
                            Brutha ! .....i've got quite abit of raw 'SOLABO' balsa planks ! ....1978 vintage !
                            -------------------
                            Powder, Anyone????

Comment

Working...
                            X