Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plane shot down at DHJW

Hi , started this thread to share with you this experience.
    Went to DHJW this morning. Just before I fly, did a ground and safety check and frequencies clearance check with the RC group.
    After 5 minutes into the flight, my plane went down for no apparent reason...well not exactly no apparent reason.

I switch on my second plane and switch off my tx just leave my Rx on. To my surprise the motor started up and the control surface was moving. Someone in the vicinity is operating the same frequencies as me. With the help of fellow flyer tried to scout around the area nearby...nothing. So I took my transmitter to turn on and off(not to shoot his modell down) to warn the other party. A few minutes later we saw what appear to be a person with a "red flying kite" walking away from the smallest flying field at JW. It is the field just behind the corporation primary school. I was told that this field was sometimes use by GFK newbie.(GFK=go fly kite or RC kite). Not sure if that person is the culprit. I am not writing this to condem the culprit but to educate. Just pass this information to let any newbie that it is better for all flyer to fly at the same location for safety reason.

Another thing once the plane is in the air, the receiver on the plane
    receiving range is extended between 600 m to over 2000m radius depending on the Rx and Tx model. If the receiver can receive signal at 2km away it can also receive the interferrence signal at this distance.

hi friend, would you care to post which freq(eg 29mhz, 35, 72?) and what kind of signal modulation you were using?

if i'm not wrong the tengah AB is near by and if its not on 29mhz, there is a chance that the air force may have been transmitting on your freq or doing a general jam.
    JR 9x
    Raptor 50 SE
    Raptor 90 3D
    Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
    Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
    Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

This the 3rd time i am hearing Fq problems at Jurong West . . .

My own experence is when i was going to fly my heli, i saw another guy AT the other side of the field flying alone. We came to the field first but he didnt even come to check Fq. Later we shoot down his plane and people come and complain . . .

JW is a nice field but people there are lazy to do Fq check . . .
      [B]Kenny[/B]

Goblin 700 | Goblin 500 | Compass 6HV

Unthinkable, unimaginable, incredible, beyond conception and beyond the bounds of possibility!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon Chng
        hi friend, would you care to post which freq(eg 29mhz, 35, 72?) and what kind of signal modulation you were using?

if i'm not wrong the tengah AB is near by and if its not on 29mhz, there is a chance that the air force may have been transmitting on your freq or doing a general jam.
        Thanks Brandon , for your quick response.
        I don't think the glitch was from Tengah...unless Tengah is beaming Futaba 29.750 ppm and able to control my motor and elevator so precisely on my second plane. From my fellow RC flyer f/b this is not the first time it had happened.

By the way does Tengah beam 2.4Ghz? I am thinking of getting a Spektrum DX6 transceiver which operate at 2.4Ghz with 80 channel to hopity hop.

Cheers

Comment

Hi

agree that it's always good to have common flying areas so that not only freq can be known but also help and knowledge to be shared among flyers.

However, many flying grounds are not publicized officially and are known to only fellow flying groups or DH members who are aware. The person who flies near the vincinity may not belong to any group or a member and he may not realise there's a common flying ground. Even worse if he's not local or just a new flyer trying out his new addition.

Sadly, this is an inevitable situation we all have to face if we are using the 29, 35, 40, 72Mhz band.

The solution: 2.4Ghz

And of course we cannot pardon those flyers who know the location or knew someone is flying nearby and still do not bother to check freq

Comment

Originally posted by sookainian

My own experence is when i was going to fly my heli, i saw another guy AT the other side of the field flying alone. We came to the field first but he didnt even come to check Fq. Later we shoot down his plane and people come and complain . . .

Hi, Sookainian, at least you can get to see this guy. As for me it was the very far end small field with some trees and HDB flat and traffic junction. Very hard to see and spot any flyer .

Moreover, what crazy guy would want to fly at this field when there are so many better bigger fields at DHJW. Laziness or sheer ignorance maybe. My guess.

Comment

This is a very strong statement that you've made. Just because a few flyers did not do a frequency check and you made it sound as though all of us in JW do not do a frequency check.

Comment

ok sorry, my bad
                [B]Kenny[/B]

Goblin 700 | Goblin 500 | Compass 6HV

Unthinkable, unimaginable, incredible, beyond conception and beyond the bounds of possibility!

Comment

its alright la.

anyway the field belongs to GOV not simi DHJW or what so ever lor. so anyone wants to fly there is at his ownrisk.
                  unless you join a a club then fqn will be controlled lor.. so i would say its just bad luck..

so don blame anyone la...

any field you go will have some sort of issues.. like bermuda triangle ... fly into the zone all glitch.... so blame who again.......so hor just change to SxxxxtrXX la and enjoy flight
                  i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

hello sook... I guess you are refering to me when you mean people come and complain. Just to clarify, I don't know the flyer that you shot down. IMHO, there is a big difference between purposely use a frequency syth to shoot down and suai suai same frequency he never bother to check and end up kanna shoot down by you. That is why I started to kpkb. No hard feelings. You guys still fly there on sat evening? The group expending?

sigpic

Comment

I think it is best not to condem the person but to educate and to enlighten pple. Some people are ignorant.

Is it safe to fly in a club.????

Even at bukit batok aero modeling club, plane do get shot down by other flyer flying at nearby field at the temple which is less than 1 km away. How i know ,it happen to me and it also happen to another flyer. When he switch off his transmitter , his motor will turn on and control surface in a precised manner. Later he check that a guy was flying at the Temple field is the same frequencies as his transmitter.
                      So flying in a club safe ...not necessary.

With more electric and park flying model available and affordable, this days, looks like going for "Co-existence and Auto avoidance RC Transceiver becomes a necessity for safer flying.

Don't you think so?

Comment

Working...
                      X