Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incident report at Old Holland Road 15Oct

I would like to voice out an incident that happened yesterday at Old Holland Road (15 Oct). Bee, hengheng & I were at the site around 1600hrs. Soon after, a guy came & ask us our frequency. We voiced out ours & he didnt have the courtesy to tell us his. I think his reply was 'Ok Clear'... I didnt know there is such a frequency named after 'Ok Clear'. Well, when his plane crashed, he questioned us if anyone of us shot his plane down, we denied as we dun even know his! So Bee preparing for his Formosa II. It crashed 3 sec soon after taking off. This time, I asked that guy for his frequency, it happened that both of them have the same frequency! It is frustrating to know that this simply mistake can be prevented.

And for that guy, we were there before you. We voiced out our frequency & it's not our intention to shoot down your plane, so dun STARE at us when your plane crashed. U told Bee that u flew with him before so it should be ok. Well, Bee didnt change his frequency... so wat's went wrong??? If u voiced out yours... maybe heng heng or me can help to track if there is any other clashes with other flyers with the same freq. It happened to me later part & someone has alerted me & luckily things went fine.

This serves as a reminder to prevent such a stupid mistake to re-occur again. So nice flyers out there, voice out yours as well, 'Ok Clear' is not enough. I know of a person who dun dare to voice out his...coz many of us here would be most happy to shot down his plane....(PM me if u wanna know who) .

Thank you for reading....
    Happy FlyingZzz
    Juz crossed over to the DUCT side!

Flying: P-51 Mustang, Corsair, F4 Phantom, Beaver(GF's), TigerMoth(GF's)
    Slope Glider: E-Hawk 1500
    Still in Box: Formosa, Zero Fighter, Me 109
    Things to Sell:
    - T-rex 450XL NIB
    - Nano Falcon(not build yet)

- Speed 370 motor with JST connector & Spur gear $5, PM me

hmmm, I thought it ill be easier to shout out your own frequency when you are ready to fly, then to go around asking people what's theirs?

Comment

Originally posted by mave
      hmmm, I thought it ill be easier to shout out your own frequency when you are ready to fly, then to go around asking people what's theirs?
      Agreed with you.

Comment

i think crabby is trying to be polite..its definitely easy to shout your freq...but sometimes you are too far and the other party may not hear you..

and also to break the ice, since the spot is commonly shared by most ppl flying there..

Comment

Tats rite i was there. U can see d sunken look of BEE cute face when his new plane shattered in2 pieces jus immediately after takeoff. Thanks 2dat chap . Most hair raising think discovered is tat round object bigger dan a ftball brown in color hangin on d pine tree across d road. Guess wat brudders. Its a HORNET NEST found by HengHeng. Scary...

Comment

Oh, I am just saying what I observed at Punggol Flying. Over there, new comer will go round the "table" to say out his/her frequency, not ask. those around will reply "clear". And now another level of safe guard is being practice. Before flying, those wanting to fly will check again with new comers their frequency before they on their transmitter.

Yes, this is a hobby, and I like the atmosphere at Punggol field where no one try to be Big boss or big show-off there. We are there to mingle and make friends. Not to be one of a kind...

So Cheers fren! We shall always volunteer our frequency number without asking.

Originally posted by awesome
            i think crabby is trying to be polite..its definitely easy to shout your freq...but sometimes you are too far and the other party may not hear you..

and also to break the ice, since the spot is commonly shared by most ppl flying there..

Comment

Oh, I am just saying what I observed at Punggol Flying. Over there, new comer will go round the "table" to say out his/her frequency, not ask. those around will reply "clear". And now another level of safe guard is being practice. Before flying, those wanting to fly will check again with new comers their frequency before they on their transmitter.

Yes, this is a hobby, and I like the atmosphere at Punggol field where no one try to be Big boss or big show-off there. We are there to mingle and make friends. Not to be one of a kind...

So Cheers fren! We shall always volunteer our frequency number without asking.
              oh..ok..din get you earlier..my apologies..

yeap..agree totally now...

Comment

No prob, Cheers Fren!

Comment

be it new/old/regular flyers at a field. Make it a point to check if your frequency crashed with others. Be polite, inform others even if you are on 2.4Ghz. Use it as a ice breaker to get to know others. You won't know if you will need their help later that day, whether to borrow a liitle CA, or (touch wod), help to recover a plane, or worst.. a major accident that need first aid. We will never know.

As for regulars/flying buddies.. do make it a point too... you may nevEr know the guy u have been flying all this while has just decide to use another channel this week.... especially with all the 'dial a frequency' modules readily available.

Fly safe, make friends, have fun.... that's what many of us practise.
                  huh

Comment

frequency is a sensitive thingy in our sport..i think its only right that we are considerate n volunteer to ask around n check if there is any crash in frequency..i will always go around asking for frequency to telly before i fly unless i have flown with them before ..its only right we check for safety reasons n prevent any lost of unnecessary $$ by crashing our planes...just my 2 cents
                    Frequency : 40.77MHz

Transmitter : Futaba 6EXAP

Now Flying : GWS E-Starter

Graveyard : GWS Beaver

Fun Heli : PiccoZ

Comment

This brings back an issue that was discuss long ago, frequency checklist or frequency board. The list is difficult to maintain by one person as it would impose on the person to be there every flying sessions which is not a feasible task.

I remember that the DHJW came out with a neat idea of cloth pecks to identify the frequency. How did this idea work out? Any comments from the fliers there?

Comment

This brings back an issue that was discuss long ago, frequency checklist or frequency board. The list is difficult to maintain by one person as it would impose on the person to be there every flying sessions which is not a feasible task.

I remember that the DHJW came out with a neat idea of cloth pecks to identify the frequency. How did this idea work out? Any comments from the fliers there?
                        maybe we can print a big sticker n stick it on the antenna of our TX so pple can walk around and peep at the frequency numbers? there is a booming number of pple joining the hobby especially in PFW where i fly most of the time i think it would be great help if we can educated them as well ...
                        Frequency : 40.77MHz

Transmitter : Futaba 6EXAP

Now Flying : GWS E-Starter

Graveyard : GWS Beaver

Fun Heli : PiccoZ

Comment

back in service!!

Thanks Crabby and Rookie for your voices.
                          Thought such thing would never happen to me.
                          But who knows..
                          Flown in Two Pungol sites, Woodlands, DHJW, Tampiness, Clementi,
                          and of cos old holland.
                          never fail to check freq. upon arriving.

Anywhere it was broken into 7 pcs to 8 pcs not 2 pcs.
                          But now back in service. Haha. A little banana liao..

Comment

Originally posted by nic
                            be it new/old/regular flyers at a field. Make it a point to check if your frequency crashed with others. Be polite, inform others even if you are on 2.4Ghz. Use it as a ice breaker to get to know others. You won't know if you will need their help later that day, whether to borrow a liitle CA, or (touch wod), help to recover a plane, or worst.. a major accident that need first aid. We will never know.

As for regulars/flying buddies.. do make it a point too... you may nevEr know the guy u have been flying all this while has just decide to use another channel this week.... especially with all the 'dial a frequency' modules readily available.

Fly safe, make friends, have fun.... that's what many of us practise.
                            2.4ghz hmm reminds me of jyheli at bishan mocking us hahaha chill man just kidding although it did happen
                            Helis
                            Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

wow october 06??? nvm then haha
                              Helis
                              Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

Working...
                              X