This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATTN: Flyers at DHJW on sat evenings BEWARE

This evening at JB I witnessed an incident of frequency clashing, NOT INCIDENTAL but DID on purpose.

At around 6.15p.m., there was an unidentified edf flying without coming over to the side where the heli guys fly to check the frequency. The heli guys tried to shot it down using their tx. I confronted them and they were still happily joking about it saying the guy did not come over to check the frequency and he deserves it. No doubt, the edf guy is wrong and I too agree that he got it coming. However, they did not even stop to think about the consequence. What if the runaway plane hit someone? a motocyclist? and cause an accident?a fatal accident? Of course, I am NOT trying to say that the edf guy had thought about any possible mishap before he switched on his tx. I think BOTH parties are WRONG. Not that I am any correct in talking to them in a not so friendly tone, but oh well I work in the ARMY and that is how I speak.

Yes, I agree with the arguement that the heli guys came first and naturally the plane guy should have had come over to do a frequency check. Moreover, it is a big group there, not one or two helis, but a bunch of flyers, so there is absolutely no reason for the edf guy to not know that people are flying over at the other side. Nevertheless, I would just like to gently remind all flyers that nobody owns these "HDB flying fields". It doesn't belong to anyone. Maybe when we get into such a situation of irresponsible flyer, we could just move over and give him a reminder. Afterall, what goes around, comes around, isn't it?

By bringing up this incident, I am not trying to condemn anyone or any group of flyers. I am just trying to share with you, fellow r/c modeller, fellow forumer that our island is small, not to mention the r/c community. Please do not even do anything that risk turning relationship sour. We all got into this hobby because of different reasons- some to show off, some because of passion, some use it to destress, some to kill time. Whatever the reason is, I believe that end of the day we just want to enjoy oursleves. I urge all fellow flyers to not do anything silly to OUR flying fields. One silly accident that brings about serious injuries might mean a ban put on our rc models. Maybe a power restriction, a capacity limitation or even a total ban, just like our petrol powered bicycles. To some residents, we are already a bunch of NOT SO welcomed group, the noise, the oil stain and the occasional rubbish that we flyers so forgetfully forgot. Lets not make matter worse, shall we?

sigpic

So did you go over and asked why the edf flyer did not do a frequency check before flying? Perhaps your not too friendly ARMY tone might be able to drill into his sh*t-brains that he must do a frequency check next time round.

Comment

Shot?Not checking freq?How do u define shot? Let`s say I`m flying at a big field and someone comes along,without doing a freq check,turn on his tx, and HELL, its on the same freq as mine and causes my bird to crash or vis versa will that be consider shot??Let`s be fair as it`s an unspoken rule latecomers to do a freq check with ppl who`s already there.
      Like what u said, it`s a bunch of heli flyers on one end.Think about it....did the edf flyer care if a heli crash, as a result of his action, into ppl ard,the cars ard,or the buildings ard?
      Clearly you have not learn much about being responsible from the army...

Comment

Originally posted by $h@d0w
        So did you go over and asked why the edf flyer did not do a frequency check before flying? Perhaps your not too friendly ARMY tone might be able to drill into his sh*t-brains that he must do a frequency check next time round.
        No, he wasn't there when I passed by.

Originally posted by motown
        Shot?Not checking freq?How do u define shot? Let`s say I`m flying at a big field and someone comes along,without doing a freq check,turn on his tx, and HELL, its on the same freq as mine and causes my bird to crash or vis versa will that be consider shot??Let`s be fair as it`s an unspoken rule latecomers to do a freq check with ppl who`s already there.
        Like what u said, it`s a bunch of heli flyers on one end.Think about it....did the edf flyer care if a heli crash, as a result of his action, into ppl ard,the cars ard,or the buildings ard?
        Clearly you have not learn much about being responsible from the army...

I guess I did not clarify how the heli flyers tried to shot him down. They tried to use different frequency to try to bring the plane down. They used frequency synthesizer.

With regards to your post about me not having learn much about responsibility from the army, may I politely suggest that you go back to read my first post carefully and thoroughly. I DID, for the love of god, state that the edf flyer did not thought about the possible consequences too.

sigpic

Comment

On 1st seeing the topic, I thought it is abt NDP... haha

A side note.. :

NDP is around the corner, there bound to have more fly-by training as the date approaches.And the RSAF will do it in the evenings. So it is not that advisable to fly there in the evenings now.

---
          Anyway I am locking this topic up to prevent it to become another flame war. There is no reason to critisise the original author when he is trying to point out the OTHER 2 parties involved has been acting unsafe.

Enough said. Lets move on and fly safe .
          huh

Comment

Working...
          X