Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9/8/2004

heard from Makuang that tomorrow should be a no fly day because the RSAF will use a jammer to jam all RC frequencies...for the low level NDP Fly pass...anyone know anything about this?
    TREX 500 ESP
    Futaba T12FGH

Bring out a Spectrum Analyzer or Frequency Scanner and scan for your frequency on that day. If it register clear, then go and have fun flying your R/C

Super-Hornet

Comment

I don't hink it's of use...the only spectrum analyser I have is for my audio engineering use...and the frequency scanner is quite alien to me....and besides...to buy these equipment...hnmmm...I'll rather spend the $$ on fuel and my R50

TREX 500 ESP
      Futaba T12FGH

Comment

yep..
        Last edited by Brandon Chng; 09-08-2004, 09:48 AM.
        JR 9x
        Raptor 50 SE
        Raptor 90 3D
        Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
        Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
        Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

RC Freq = 29 & 27.....
          huh

Comment

Spectrum Analyzer got low end and High end. Low end is normally for audio range (20Hz to 20kHz). High end or laboratory spectrum analyzer can scan from 0Hz all the way to GigaHerz.

As for Frequency scanner, yup it is like those walkie talkie. Press certain keypad and it will scan from certain range of frequency to and cycle back. Once there is a signal, it will pause for a while and then continue (Unless u press pause key)

Super-Hornet

Comment

there are two types of spectrum analysers....one for audio freq. and the other for radio freq.

Brandon, what you mentioned about the walktie-talkie is extremely illegal for use in Singapore. There's no way Sim Lim people would sell to a local fellow these stuff...

Jamming RC frequencies is not really possible unless RSAF want people in other nation to complain. 27mhz/29mhz jamming require high power output to jam a large area, and these jamming frequencies will propagate all around the world if sky conditions are right.

Ethically, if IDA complies to the international FCC rules, they cannot, and does not have the right to jam frequencies as these will affect communication systems in planes, ships, and even medical/construction telemetry devices.
              [SIZE="1"]
              [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
              Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

Check out the IDA's spectrum allocation chart:

The reason why we've being restricted to 29mhz is becoz 40mhz and 72 mhz bands are taken up for other services in Singapore....
                [SIZE="1"]
                [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
                Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

brandon...if the guys from IDA is surfing hee u'ld done your friend some real injustice....
                  mike..can edit away?
                  TREX 500 ESP
                  Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Hi

I'm previously from the navy, while sailing within singapore waters, we encounter the USS Kitty Hawk, an aircraft carrier right in front of our path abt 2km distance.

And it does not show up in our radar!!! Imagine a huge aircraft carrier cannot be seen on the radar. Their jamming device damn solid!!! They were also sending out Sea Hawk helis to instruct merchant ships in its path to move over!!!

Can you just imagine the power it has!!!

My ship juz tailgate it until we parted at outh China Sea.

This is one huge jamming device!!!

Comment

yo fish head! i was navy too! poor ep guy. got joint ex with marines. even their smaller destroyers got jammers!
                      ---------------------
                      Ergo 30 SS
                      Voyager E

Comment

Eh.... That should not be frequency or radar jammer. That is radar masking feature or radar absorber.

Jammer is something that cause receiver (either radio receiver or radar receiver) to goes full of noise.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Who give a dam, anyway has fly at round 6:15pm at Jurong west with both of my Tx at 27 & 40 mHz respectively. No issue encountered. Fly well for 2 pack of lipo battery

Comment

Was at Tampines Bicycle Trail flying from 4pm till 6 plus, no problem also, there were 2 other helis and 2 planes which flew without problems, i left later because too dark to fly already

Comment

There definitely was jamming around 6-7, just before the flypass.

Was trimming my plane whilst watching the parade over at tanjong rhu when all of a sudden, nothing worked.

In the midst of trying to figure out wat was going on, the flypast went screaming overhead. A few minutes later, everything worked again.

Almost like a page out of roswell. weird ...

Comment

Working...
                              X