Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The JW Monster Truck or Drifting Thread !!

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks speeder again. for the drift clinic
    For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by balance_mind View Post
      A nice drifting ground found today...

So nice to see my car drift so smoothly under the hands of speeder... Its the car 2nd official run outside... Limited time to play
      Where? near our place?

AIR
      HB K2 - Service
      CopterX 450 - Hanger
      IFO - Service
      Walkera H05 mini plane
      JR X3810
      LAND
      Kyosho Javelin - Garage
      Tamiya TT01 Subaru WRX - In Service
      Tamiya M03 Hello Kitty Swift - For wife
      Cen Mini Madness - For son
      Team Losi Speed T - In Service
      Tamiya TamTech Frog
      Sanwa MXA
      Sanwa MX3S
      Losi 2.4GHz

Crash Lander
      Can crash land anytime anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by badtzmaru View Post
        Where? near our place?
        yup at the multipurpose area i mentioned by.. blk 652(nearer to the bustop at pioneer north. tiles abit rougher but cleaner..

was especially fun with the "flat cones" to form the circuit. wonder how we can make some or buy some....?
        For sale

Comment

There seems to be another behind the multi storey carpark, lesser human traffic too. But the one we drift tat day oso pretty good.

johndyl, wat abt some car mat cut-out? Cost only 3+ a pc and I think a pc can cut out abt 4 pcs.

Where? near our place?
          Originally posted by johndyl View Post
          yup at the multipurpose area i mentioned by.. blk 652(nearer to the bustop at pioneer north. tiles abit rougher but cleaner..

was especially fun with the "flat cones" to form the circuit. wonder how we can make some or buy some....?

Comment

Originally posted by balance_mind View Post
            There seems to be another behind the multi storey carpark, lesser human traffic too. But the one we drift tat day oso pretty good.

johndyl, wat abt some car mat cut-out? Cost only 3+ a pc and I think a pc can cut out abt 4 pcs.
            gd idea, think zennith mentioned b4 also.. now to source for them
            For sale

Comment

I just feel something is not right with our cars...

Our drift tyres are so smooth and hardly any grip that our cars can't even go straight when we start to increase the throttle and it will start to spin around. We even have to down our throttle EPA to 50%..how pathetic, like that how to win competition huh..remember what the guy at BB told us about drifting. I feel it is beginning to make sense.

The argument is that in order to drift well, we need to sacrifice speed. How do we then explain those videos in youtube? Cars going STAIGHT at high speed and drifting corners at the same time.

My 1/10 car could go straight with topcad drift tyres and yet drift but could not go strraight with Speeder' drift tyres cos it's has virtually no drip. My HPI Micro could also go straight with full throttle and yet drift very well..
              In politics, there are no permanent friends or enemies only permanent interest - Lord Palmerston

Comment

Originally posted by flameangel View Post

Our drift tyres are so smooth and hardly any grip that our cars can't even go straight when we start to increase the throttle and it will start to spin around. We even have to down our throttle EPA to 50%..how pathetic, like that how to win competition huh..remember what the guy at BB told us about drifting. I feel it is beginning to make sense.

The argument is that in order to drift well, we need to sacrifice speed. How do we then explain those videos in youtube? Cars going STAIGHT at high speed and drifting corners at the same time.

My 1/10 car could go straight with topcad drift tyres and yet drift but could not go strraight with Speeder' drift tyres cos it's has virtually no drip. My HPI Micro could also go straight with full throttle and yet drift very well..
                bro, i think speeder is in a better position to answer ur queries.

as a summary though, according to the international rules for rc drifting(which he helped draft), the car is actually not supposed to go straight but is supposed to maintain a drift down a straight...

this is actually much more difficult, as we tried yesterday
                For sale

Comment

the other day john derrick and me myself are running the same tyre. it just depends on the car setup. for your case maybe the car has very loose front differential causing it to want to drift on very little steering.

those video are taken at very low cam angle so it looks much faster.

hope this answer some of your queries.

Comment

thanks speeder again. for the drift clinic
                    welcome bro.

some people use better quality plastic plates and epoxy some weights on them to make the flat cones.

Comment

Notice your car got a very sensitive steering, touch abit the steering swing alot. tried the ARC setting on it still the same. set the EPA also the same, is it due to the steering arm design?

AIR
                      HB K2 - Service
                      CopterX 450 - Hanger
                      IFO - Service
                      Walkera H05 mini plane
                      JR X3810
                      LAND
                      Kyosho Javelin - Garage
                      Tamiya TT01 Subaru WRX - In Service
                      Tamiya M03 Hello Kitty Swift - For wife
                      Cen Mini Madness - For son
                      Team Losi Speed T - In Service
                      Tamiya TamTech Frog
                      Sanwa MXA
                      Sanwa MX3S
                      Losi 2.4GHz

Crash Lander
                      Can crash land anytime anywhere

Comment

Can't rush down in time for that day, I join you guys again.

Perhapes tomorrow we can drift at buona vista. (nothing comes up for me)

Want to test Lightings on my cars

To understand the actual track (run straight) and drift with others... how they do it straight. Many types of cars and setup there.

Comment

Originally posted by speeder View Post
                          welcome bro.

some people use better quality plastic plates and epoxy some weights on them to make the flat cones.
                          thanks for the tip bro
                          For sale

Comment

Originally posted by zennith View Post
                            Can't rush down in time for that day, I join you guys again.

Perhapes tomorrow we can drift at buona vista. (nothing comes up for me)

Want to test Lightings on my cars

To understand the actual track (run straight) and drift with others... how they do it straight. Many types of cars and setup there.
                            no worries, there will be other chances ;)

as for bouna v... have to see if can make it..
                            For sale

Comment

Notice your car got a very sensitive steering, touch abit the steering swing alot. tried the ARC setting on it still the same. set the EPA also the same, is it due to the steering arm design?
                              Mine can go straight when throttle is floored... same 1/10 car as flameangel but with stock motor. Might be some other mechanic set-ups? Both my differentials are not locked.

From what I have collected so far, drifting is not about speed only, it's how u drift around the track, fluidity. In drfit competitions (tandem race), catchin up with the lead car is not the only objective but also on how u drive through the scoring zones. Most of the time, I see the car is drifting... Speeder's drift tires do have lesser grips than some other drift tires but for me, I think it is a cheap decent tire set to get into the drift easily and for learning.

Comment

One of the shophouses around ur in-laws house has them... the mat in my gf car bought from there. Got different types...

gd idea, think zennith mentioned b4 also.. now to source for them

Comment

Working...
                                X