Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accidental auto today - T-Rex

Had a funny incident today while I was at the field looping and rolling my T-Rex around. I was setting up for a loop and realized I had left my D/R switch on for the elevator and wanted to switch it off. Being that the heli was rather fast, I didn't want to look down so I just reached for it blind and accidentally hit the Throttle Hold/Cut switch. I was thinking to myself, "Ehh..??? That's quiet ... Oh oh! Auto auto auto!!....." I gave full collective a bit too early though, about 5 feet off the ground and it wasn't pretty but amazingly, no damage, lol! I went over and there wasn't even a nick on the wooden blades. Ah .... so nice ... good things do happen too

And THAT was my first ever auto in real life. Now I gotta go practice it more in Reflex in case I do something dumb like this again. But hey! I AUTO-ED!!!

Daniel

Forgot to mention that after the "Auto" I went on and resumed my looping and rolling practice for the rest of the pack before going home.

Daniel

Comment

congrats on your first auto man
      mine wasnt such a happy ending
      sar.ratha@me.com
      DEVIL

Comment

autos are fun people!!
        I've been starting to practice alot ont hem lately...abt 15 autos per tank?
        Anyway...im not so daring to go up high...but i get some forward speed and flip the TH switch from abt 7m high...
        VERY fun...i did screw some of them by flaring to early(tts where altitude helps )...but I'll blast in full collective in the last 2 feet and it will settle down a little hard...but no damage!
        Don't PCW

Beam E4
        Flybarless Trex 600N VBAR 4.0 | OS50 Hyper
        Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

Yes, but you gotta remember that the T-Rex with the driven tail loses power REAL fast coming down man. It doesn't have the inertia that the bigger weighted blades have.

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Wee
            Yes, but you gotta remember that the T-Rex with the driven tail loses power REAL fast coming down man. It doesn't have the inertia that the bigger weighted blades have.

Daniel
            Yeah..i know.
            You dont have any reserve if not very little...
            Its more of like 'all or nothing'
            Don't PCW

Beam E4
            Flybarless Trex 600N VBAR 4.0 | OS50 Hyper
            Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

Working...
            X